Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Orioles really put out the rainbow carpet for their pride night last night. Their Twitter account then tweeted about nonprofits and reasoning behind having Pride night and links to resources regarding anti LGBTQ+ legislation, anti bullying and suicide efforts and supporting LGBTQ+ athletes in sports. 

I really appreciate that they didn’t just slap a flag to fulfill some “obligation” to Pride and move on. 

Unfortunately, their MAGA reliever Akin blew the game in the extra inning but ah well. 1/162. 

IMG_1081.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Orioles really put out the rainbow carpet for their pride night last night. Their Twitter account then tweeted about nonprofits and reasoning behind having Pride night and links to resources regarding anti LGBTQ+ legislation, anti bullying and suicide efforts and supporting LGBTQ+ athletes in sports. 

I really appreciate that they didn’t just slap a flag to fulfill some “obligation” to Pride and move on. 

Unfortunately, their MAGA reliever Akin blew the game in the extra inning but ah well. 1/162. 

IMG_1081.jpeg

Packed house.

4 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Better attendance than the Rays! 

O's got floppy hat night and a DJ Diesel postgame show tomorrow, though! 

Camden is still a top 10 park though, right? Has the fanbase dried up? 

Edited by The Evil Genius

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Camden is still a top 10 park though, right? Has the fanbase dried up? 

Attendance is up from last year and one of the highest percentage increases overall. I think that increases over the summer, especially if they stay in contention for the postseason. They're 9th in the AL now and will probably finish 7th or so would be my guess. It's also Hawaiian shirt day on Saturday! 

• Like 1

Just now, TheDoyler23 said:

Attendance is up from last year and one of the highest percentage increases overall. I think that increases over the summer, especially if they stay in contention for the postseason. They're 9th in the AL now and will probably finish 7th or so would be my guess. It's also Hawaiian shirt day on Saturday! 

Yeah I mean attendance is down a lot post covid (even if we aren't post covid). Giants use to average 40k and now are at 29k. It's sad. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Screenshot2023-08-06at2_28_48AM.png.1d56f057497adcd25a1aff284a72222a.png

I've watched that clip about 10 times tonight and I can't tell if Ramirez was looking at Anderson and knew that punch was going to connect.  He was swinging all over the place.  When it started, the way Anderson squared up, I thought Ramirez was in for it.  

Odor on Bautista is still the gold standard.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm convinced that if that fight were to happen 10 times, Anderson would wash Ramirez for 9 of them.

Ramirez threw a wild, lucky punch, that was like an unblockable Mortal Kombat X ray special attack, and destroyed him.

That’s what I thought, too. Ramirez was button mashing all over the place. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvli5vgNnlT/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The radio call from the Cleveland broadcast guy is awesome. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm convinced that if that fight were to happen 10 times, Anderson would wash Ramirez for 9 of them.

Ramirez threw a wild, lucky punch, that was like an unblockable Mortal Kombat X ray special attack, and destroyed him.

Anderson's punches weren't really great and dude got KO'd by someone who was in the process of getting grabbed by another player. No reason the same outcome isn't a likely outcome if it happens 9 more times. 

Ramirez moved and Anderson had his jaw wide open with a hit me sign on it.  

Edited by Hersh
  • Thumb up 1