Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Pitching to Grichuk was only going to go one way for us.  Dude killed us last year, he's doing it again this year.

But Vlad Jr. was hitting behind him, he looks like he might be turning a corner.  I dunno, I would have taken my chances with Vlad Jr. though.  Make the kid prove it, don't deal with the veteran who's been killing you for two seasons.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:37 PM, abdcskins said:

I'm officially not a fan of Sulser.  That 2-1 ball call was complete bull by the umpire though.

I knew from first time I saw him that he was a bad pitcher. Hopefully he won't be on this team much longer.

Seems Mountcastle may be legit though.

9 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

And there goes Milone to the Braves. First piece to fall.

And Givens to the Rockies. 

Great trade with the Rockies.  Nevin looks like another Mountcastle- all bat, no position home, but struggled last year in AA. I really like Vavra.  Looks like he can be a top of the order, disciplined hitter with good defense at 2B.  All for a reliever who has struggled to close with only one more year of service after this.  

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

I knew from first time I saw him that he was a bad pitcher. Hopefully he won't be on this team much longer.

Seems Mountcastle may be legit though.

Correct, Sulser isn't that good.  I really want to see Tanner Scott get some of these high leverage innings now.  He's another guy who has to put it together now. 

On 8/28/2020 at 8:57 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

I really liked the OH, it was a good place to discuss the Orioles.  None of my friends care about them so if I wanted to have a discussion, I'd go there.

Tony's post is dripping with irony.  Instead of wanting to have a place where people can come together and talk about baseball and put differences aside, he just axes the thing indefinitely because he feels like the liberals are taking over.  Much like all the athletes boycotting a game for a day, this move doesn't do anything to help.

While I admit that I do not like things to mix with sports, I don't begrudge what the players did.  They have every right, but fans have every right not to tune in as much as they used to, which is kinda where I am at right now.  Sports are my escape from all of this real life stuff.  We all need an escape.  I spend a lot of money on Orioles and Washington Team Football tickets, parking and concessions in a year.  While I don't see myself not going to games at all, I am likely to drastically cut back and find another escape for me- I am thinking about a private golf course membership, or a boat since I live on the bay.  

In this instance with Tony, he's going to get lambasted for re-opening OH and rightfully so.  You can't walk back what he did, and not expect people to not have a reaction- the same reaction (with different reasons) that he had to the game being cancelled.  People will wonder if politics are fair game because of the few things he's done over the past couple months.  Some won't visit at all, or will reconsider how much they visit- losing him money in the process.  This just doesn't make any sense.  He shouldn't have done anything and just continued to operate the site as normal, or just sell out his shares to someone who wants it.  If I didn't have so much going on in my life right now, I'd offer to buy him out as I used to run my own forums (and still manage a big sports one) but I am going back to college starting tomorrow and don't have it in me.  It's also a lot of work for not a lot of money.....I much prefer not having ownership skin in the game and just enjoy the community management portion of things. 

Edited by ThomasTomasz
  • Like 2

The Os kept us entertained by playing .500 ball for over a third of the season, and most importantly a lot of the young guys are making huge strides.  Throw in the fact that the Red Sox and Nats suck big gigantic elephant balls, and this hasn't been a terrible season for me considering the low expectations I had.  They're reverting to the team we thought they'd be, and should finish low enough for a top-5 pick. I am fine with that.

7 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Anow now Castro is gone.  They're going to have to reactivate Chris Davis and bring him in to pitch.

Surprised they gave up on Castro - I didn't think he was closer or even setup-man material but could have been good mid-relief.  But I guess we have enough of those guys.

Iglesias knocks in a double in the 11th!  Please let this lead hold.  I could not take another walk-off from the Jays. 

And now a Holaday knocks in Iglesias - O's up by two.

We're just drowning in catchers - surprised we couldn't deal one.   Probably in the offseason. 

man, they like to make it close!
Great play to end the game.

Getting Grinchuk out in the 8th was like a miracle... i thought "well, there's something you never see 'round here"

This season is so streaky, its a good time to get on a hot one. Lets hope so!

~Bang

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Surprised they gave up on Castro - I didn't think he was closer or even setup-man material but could have been good mid-relief.  But I guess we have enough of those guys.

I don't get a giving up on a 25 year old with elite stuff to get a 23 year old soft tossing pitcher in AA. Good indication that the O's aren't going to spend or try to win for at least 3 more years. 

Edited by Hersh