Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

12 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I saw that and loved it. Take advantage of the guys who are sleeping in the outfield. 

He also could have had a double on his last hit but you could see he was watching to see if it would stay fair. Also, he probably knew it was for the cycle even though he said after the game he didn’t know. 

Was just about to post this - he almost certinaly could have gotten a double on that last hit but for some reason slowed down... maybe he just wanted to get the "hit for the cycle" highlight.

It's been a long, long time since I've played baseball.

But I gotta think if you hit a triple.  And hit a homer...you just automatically are thinking about a cycle.  That's like a pitcher being unaware that he's not given up a hit through 6 innings.  I'm not saying I don't believe Villar when he says he wasn't aware...but I don't believe Villar when he says he wasn't aware :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

So is Trumbo just going to miss the entire year?  Not that I want him to play, I'm just curious.  Him not playing worked out because he was just going to take at bats from folks like Nunez.

He's can't get to being pain free while playing baseball. So they've shut him down from rehab for a second time this past week. No real timetable, so it looks like he's not going to play at all. Probably good for insurance reasons anyway! 

Givens tries to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory once again.  Big comeback by Peterson & Ruiz.  Nice victory.

Gotta wonder when they’ll get tired of the big hole in the lineup that CD creates.  0 for 4 with 4 Ks and one barely deep enough sac fly.  Just a waste of a spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

Of course you could argue that stripping the big club of all talent thru trades built a lot of that farm system.

One could argue that but that would be flat out wrong. I mean, that's would be loud wrong. Look at the prospect list.

8 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

I don’t pay that much attention but I know the Os farm system was not very highly rated until this year.

Having the top pick this year helped a lot. Also, the last two first round picks DL Hall and G-Rod have shot up the rankings. Plus the development of the Bowie pitchers. The cool thing is they are ranked high and that was without Hunter Harvey being highly thought of this season and now looking like a dominant back of the pen reliever.