Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

You know Soto is good when you pitch around him in a 1 out, 0 on situation. 

Infield D strikes again. Nunez can’t turn a DP and then a bad throw for the 3rd (now 4th out) of the inning. 

Can’t make pitchers get 5 outs. 

Edited by TheDoyler23

Sloppy end.  Poor defense from Davis, and DSJ completely ignored a hold sign and got caught in a pickle trying to score from second on Mullins single .  Had he helpd up, we have a runner on first and third and one out, Holaday and Sisco with a chance to tie the game   I also don't agree with the decision to use Sulser more than one inning.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

@Spaceman Spiff

Tonight is a great example of why I can’t stand Elias and this tanking. Casey Mize, 23 year old who was the number 1 pick two years ago, is making is MLB debut. Never pitched above AA.

In the meantime the O’s bring up one rookie in Akin, let him pitch a couple innings for sending him back down and can’t be bothered to bring up any better prospects that either excelled at AAA or AA and most older than Mize. 
Example: Baumann is almost 25, dominated AA , and the minors in general, throw 98 with solid secondary pitches, had a no hitter and yet the O’s run how Milone and LeBlanc. 

I feel like the O's are always scared to bring up prospects. They let them rot in the minors for the peak of their careers. Yusniel Diaz better be on the opening day roster next year.

At least Santander is sizzling, he may be developing in to a star.

9 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I feel like the O's are always scared to bring up prospects. They let them rot in the minors for the peak of their careers. Yusniel Diaz better be on the opening day roster next year.

At least Santander is sizzling, he may be developing in to a star.

He’s gonna be solid. 

It baffles me as to why no Mountcastle in LF. 

14 hours ago, Hersh said:

@Spaceman Spiff

Tonight is a great example of why I can’t stand Elias and this tanking. Casey Mize, 23 year old who was the number 1 pick two years ago, is making is MLB debut. Never pitched above AA.

In the meantime the O’s bring up one rookie in Akin, let him pitch a couple innings for sending him back down and can’t be bothered to bring up any better prospects that either excelled at AAA or AA and most older than Mize. 
Example: Baumann is almost 25, dominated AA , and the minors in general, throw 98 with solid secondary pitches, had a no hitter and yet the O’s run how Milone and LeBlanc. 

Fair enough.  

But they weren't going to waste any service time on prospects this year.  Like it or not, service time manipulation is a thing.

2 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Fair enough.  

But they weren't going to waste any service time on prospects this year.  Like it or not, service time manipulation is a thing.

Akin was already up so his service clock has started. Every indication on MASN was that Mountcastle was a lock to come up. I actually didn't think they would but the reporting said otherwise. If I'm Mountcastle, I am pretty pissed since if I don't play this season there is no reason not to do the same service clock manipulation next season. Just pushing back when the kid gets paid. It's a ****ed up system. 

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Akin was already up so his service clock has started. Every indication on MASN was that Mountcastle was a lock to come up. I actually didn't think they would but the reporting said otherwise. If I'm Mountcastle, I am pretty pissed since if I don't play this season there is no reason not to do the same service clock manipulation next season. Just pushing back when the kid gets paid. It's a ****ed up system. 

I get the frustration but I don't believe Akin and Mountcastle are game changers.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I get the frustration but I don't believe Akin and Mountcastle are game changers.

Than why aren't they up playing to find out? I don't think Akin is, but let's find out rather than have 35 year old journeyman. Last management team didn't think Yaz was good and he's been great for the Giants since he got his chance. I'd rather find out someone is a bust than keep them in the minors. 

Edited by Hersh

6 hours ago, Hersh said:

When is Mountcaslte subject to rule V?