Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Cool Salsa gets the job done in the 8th. Lets 2 on base but strikes out Thames on two nearly identical changeups low and away ... O's still up 5-3 going into the 9th.  Some insurance would be nice, pretty sure its Castro to close it out. 

Severino gets beaned in the arm, ouch....

Edited by DCSaints_fan
scuse me, Castro to close
11 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

They have to finish the game on Friday... in Baltimore. 

Should have been a forfeit based on that grounds crew performance. Ha! 

Thats odd - i thought the new rules said they simply call the game as it stands ... like with what they did against Yankees?

1 hour ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Thats odd - i thought the new rules said they simply call the game as it stands ... like with what they did against Yankees?

The rule is because of a “mechanical failure.” The goinds crew failing to tarp the field counts, I guess. 

3 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

The rule is because of a “mechanical failure.” The goinds crew failing to tarp the field counts, I guess. 

I suppose it makes sense IF, the home team was winning, they could try to pull shenanigans and cut the game short to prevent the visitors from coming back.   But thats not what happened here - Os were winning.   In this instance, I think the MLB should make a judgement call and not just follow the letter of the rules.   In a crazy season where you only have 60 games, you aren't suspending games for rain anyway, and double headers are now 7 innings a piece, it makes sense.  I think it even makes sense during a regular yeam, as well.   Now they've created a standard whereby if the home team was losing, they can pull shenanigans to try to get more favorable matchup at a later day.    And home teams don't have the incentive to get their act together.

Edited by DCSaints_fan

This has been fun, but I think they're playing over their heads.  I saw that our starters have the 2nd best walk rate, pretty sure that was the stat they flashed up during todays game.  I don't believe that's sustainable with the guys we have in our rotation but it's great so far.  And the bullpen looks good, too.

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This has been fun, but I think they're playing over their heads.  I saw that our starters have the 2nd best walk rate, pretty sure that was the stat they flashed up during todays game.  I don't believe that's sustainable with the guys we have in our rotation but it's great so far.  And the bullpen looks good, too.

It’s not sustainable in the least. 

But it’s 2020.

So **** em, that’s why! 

BD7D39C8-EC20-4AA3-9992-D65D024CECE6.jpeg

• Haha 1

It's too bad the O's didn't call up Young Yaz in 2018 when there was no reason NOT to call him up. He is following up his solid rookie season with a great start to this year. (Just looking at MLB stats)

Of course Bundy looks dominant but we've seen these stretches before with him. 

PS- expect the O's to keep trading away anyone with value. 

Edited by Hersh
23 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Tarp 1 Nats 0

As for the grounds crew, what a bunch of maroons.  :)  That was a pitiful display.  I told my wife we were seeing someone losing their job live on TV.

Great weekend for the boys though.  I think the come from behind work was better than the game where they romped. . Every team will get a blowout like that once in a while but the fight in this team in undeniable.

Edited by SkinFanInMinn

Whatever the outcome of this game, I love this team.  Philly with its big name lineup starting Zach Wheeler posting 1.65 ERA, they fall behind 3-0 then a big inning in the 6th sends him off the mound.   Then proceed to take the lead the next inning.

They never seem to get the memo they're not supposed to win. 

Dang, Hays crushed that one out of the park I think, it hooked foul. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Spaceman Spiff changed the title to The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles