Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I was listening to NFL live and forget who said it, might have been L.Riddick but basically was saying NYG's would be fools to let Collins go.  He is the leader and signal caller in that backfield.  We'll see but that would be a really good "offensive" move for Skins if it puts a big hole the Giants defense.

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

I was listening to NFL live and forget who said it, might have been L.Riddick but basically was saying NYG's would be fools to let Collins go.  He is the leader and signal caller in that backfield.  We'll see but that would be a really good "offensive" move for Skins if it puts a big hole the Giants defense.

Giants have until 4pm tomorrow to tag Collins.  If they don't we aught to go full bore for him.

So if we lose Jamison, would we get a 3rd round comp pick?

What about Smith, a 2nd rounder?

of course our own FA signings we do can negate these but I'm just curious the value of many of our top Free Agents in regards to future comp picks.

1 minute ago, RabidFan said:

of course our own FA signings we do can negate these but I'm just curious the value of many of our top Free Agents in regards to future comp picks.

Size of the contract is what really dictates what you get for compensation.  Use Cousin's new contract with Vikes as an example.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Got to believe Collins is #1 FA priority. :) 

3 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

No such thing as a 2nd round comp pick.  I'd guess it ends up a 3rd for Preston and a 5th for Crowder.  Depends on their contracts,

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Size of the contract is what really dictates what you get for compensation.  Use Cousin's new contract with Vikes as an example.

Got to believe Collins is #1 FA priority. :) 

I'd like it.  Based on Keim's article in FA today though it sounds like they are going to do same old same old in FA and if so I doubt they go for Collins.  I would though.  We keep hearing splash but the splash seems to be trade-draft driven.  But who knows -- will see. 

36 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Chiefs releasing Justin Houston.... Yes, we should

No. Dude wasn't willing to restructure without getting more guaranteed money. He's 30, injury-prone, already making 15 mil a season. His best years are long gone.

Curious to see what deals for the edge guys end up being. I’d like to go for Fowler and Collins hard. Throw all our $$ at them. We should have enough to get those 2. Maybe even bring Dix back on the cheap and sell him on the Bama connection with Collins. 

Collins + Dix 

Anderson + Hamilton + Foster 

Payne + Allen

maybe get Saivon Smith in the 3rd at CB and legit become Bama defense. 

Seriously. Signing Collins and keeping Dix has us at 7 starting defenders from Bama. That’s a smart direction to go haha

Collins = $11 million per year 

Fowler = $9 million per year 

Haha = $7 million per year 

Moseley = $10 million per year 

with backloaded deals we could definitely get 3 I’d those IF we wanted to. I only say that IF because I’d we trade for Rosen I think we are back to going all in and winning now and not rebuilding. 

Cuttinf Vernon Davis and Zach Brown gives you the $11 million in space to get one of the above. 

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Curious to see what deals for the edge guys end up being. I’d like to go for Fowler and Collins hard. Throw all our $$ at them. We should have enough to get those 2. Maybe even bring Dix back on the cheap and sell him on the Bama connection with Collins. 

Collins + Dix 

Anderson + Hamilton + Foster 

Payne + Allen

maybe get Saivon Smith in the 3rd at CB and legit become Bama defense. 

Seriously. Signing Collins and keeping Dix has us at 7 starting defenders from Bama. That’s a smart direction to go haha

Collins = $11 million per year 

Fowler = $9 million per year 

Haha = $7 million per year 

Moseley = $10 million per year 

with backloaded deals we could definitely get 3 I’d those IF we wanted to. I only say that IF because I’d we trade for Rosen I think we are back to going all in and winning now and not rebuilding. 

Cuttinf Vernon Davis and Zach Brown gives you the $11 million in space to get one of the above. 

Release Norman, Reed and McGee and that's another 16m or so. 

HTTR 

I made the Gettleman/Josh Norman connection yesterday. Collins is not going to get a big contract off the Giants, he's sitting out the offseason under the tag. Gettleman doesn't want the drama, hes said as much in interviews.

Would love Collins and CJ Mosley. Trade for Rosen, sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I made the Gettleman/Josh Norman connection yesterday. Collins is not going to get a big contract off the Giants, he's sitting out the offseason under the tag. Gettleman doesn't want the drama, hes said as much in interviews.

Would love Collins and CJ Mosley. Trade for Rosen, sounds good to me.

Was hoping for Mosley when I heard he wasn't being franchised, I would offer 3rd and Norman /Reed for Rosen. Then G, ILB or WR with our first round pick. 

Also Mosley wouldn't have to move houses which also helps with transition. 

HTTR 

13 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

No. Dude wasn't willing to restructure without getting more guaranteed money. He's 30, injury-prone, already making 15 mil a season. His best years are long gone.

Do not agree. Sure, he's had some injuries, but he can still play in this game at a high level. I know it won't happen but doesn't mean we shouldnt kick the tires. He'll end up with someone like the Pats.

Does not sound like the Giants will tag Collins...

https://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-looking-for-second-round-pick-in-trade-for-olb-dee-ford/

Chiefs looking for a 2nd round pick for OLB Dee Ford

3-4 OLB, 55 tackles, 13.5 sacks, 7 forced fumbles last year. 27 years old. Former #23 overall pick in 2014. They are switching to the 4-3 defense.

*note, you'd most likely need to sign him to a long term deal otherwise you're stuck with paying that 15.4 million under the tag.

37. DEE FORD, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Top 101 appearances: New entry

Dee Ford had a breakout year in his fifth season as a pro, the first season in which he earned an overall grade higher than 65.0. His overall grade of 88.6 ranked 11th among edge defenders in 2018, and his pass-rush grade of 91.0 ranked first. Ford led all edge defenders with 77 total pressures (45 hurries, 17 hits, 15 sacks).

Interesting to note that out of the top 101 ratings by PFF last year, only one Redskin made the list... Zach Brown, who was rated #3 interior LB

Archived