Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

I would point out, as Jay quite accurately has, that Moses seemed to get hit with a lot of BS holding calls last year.  I think this is one of those situations where a narrative has been created that he holds a lot and so officials are looking for it all the time and tossing the flag at any hint of holding.  Player reputations can be a major driver of flags and it was clear that he was being held to a different standard on a number of occasions last year.

7 hours ago, TheShredder said:

You have a point...I've officially joined the cheerleaders! 9:1 ratio

Does he get paid if he doesn't make the 53?  Usually not.  In that case, he gets a couple hundred grand and hits the street.

He got a $500,00 guaranteed salary and a $1million signing bonus.

4 hours ago, goskins10 said:

You are right. I was looking at the guarantee salary but not including the signing bonus. But what I also missed - and so did others, his total contract is $3.25M not $4M.

Still not a lot of money in NFL standards, especially when you see the total is $3.25 not $4M. I stand by my position. This is a low risk high reward option. 

There are about $800,000 in bonuses on top of that and frankly I hope he gets them as that would indicate he played well.

40 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Ok, you can stop with the homer bull****. It's a lazy argument. Proves you have no real point.

PFF is OK but not perfect or anywhere close. You have to take their grades with a grain if salt as in the end it's still mostly just opinion, I do not have the time to point out the many many crazy grades they give to people. Suffice it to say that does not really help your argument. 

No one is saying the Oline is great. I was more referring to your individual evaluation. But i see its not really your evaluation you just copied PFF. 

you can take every subjective grade ever made with a grain of salt since all grades are opinions... is there a point you're trying to make anywhere in there?

so you basically dont backup your opinion in any way.. but just tell me i am wrong. I actually looked at pff grades as an independent system after my initial post as a way to back up my opinion (a concept your obviously not familiar with). If you have another commonly known grade system that you can show me as a way to show me different level of performance, i welcome it. otherwise you're just talking out of your ass

whether right or not.. Moses does get hit with a lot of holding calls which make him a liability. I am sure he got that reputation because he does a lot of holding 

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Moses is awful, out of shape and has terrible balance, I wish we would come to our sense on him and look for another option at RT.

I think a lot of those issues are caused by his knees. I saw him walk out to the family section after the Tampa game, and dude looked like he could barely walk. I think he often plays injured 

8 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's this about tyreek hill was on the trading block at the start of free agency?

Yea, but he's being accused of child abuse and could serve jail time if found guilty.

Also, I don't think we should take any more of A. Reid players off his hands.  LOL

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Yea, but he's being accused of child abuse and could serve jail time if found guilty.

He should do jail time if guilty...just wondering if the skins were in on anything/the big splash?..idk...shame on hill if guilty..I'm leaving it at that.

17 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I think a lot of those issues are caused by his knees. I saw him walk out to the family section after the Tampa game, and dude looked like he could barely walk. I think he often plays injured 

I know he's tough and I respect the fact he plays injured but the last 2 years it seems he's injured from game 1 through the season, I question whether he takes care of himself.

I notice he gets lazy/tired during games and leans on defenders which gets him in bad situations.

He's a good guy no doubt, I just hope he realizes he has to take some extra measures during the off season to strengthen those ankles and knees.

6 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I know he's tough and I respect the fact he plays injured but the last 2 years it seems he's injured from game 1 through the season, I question whether he takes care of himself.

I notice he gets lazy/tired during games and leans on defenders which gets him in bad situations.

He's a good guy no doubt, I just hope he realizes he has to take some extra measures during the off season to strengthen those ankles and knees.

You’re probably right. I wonder if anyone at Redskins Park can see the same thing?

1 hour ago, oraphus said:

you can take every subjective grade ever made with a grain of salt since all grades are opinions... is there a point you're trying to make anywhere in there?

so you basically dont backup your opinion in any way.. but just tell me i am wrong. I actually looked at pff grades as an independent system after my initial post as a way to back up my opinion (a concept your obviously not familiar with). If you have another commonly known grade system that you can show me as a way to show me different level of performance, i welcome it. otherwise you're just talking out of your ass

whether right or not.. Moses does get hit with a lot of holding calls which make him a liability. I am sure he got that reputation because he does a lot of holding 

The point is I form my open opinion based on what I see along with the grades from other, not just what something PFF tells me i should see - or using it as th only defense for a preconceived notion.  I use the PFF grades some also, but unlike you i actually watch the games critically. I saw Lauvao get trucked so many times he was like a turnstile. I saw with my own eyes TW keep our QB upright. Does he let a few more through? Yes, but he is still a top 5 LT. Moses is a above average, especially in pass blocking. He struggles getting to the next level sometimes but in pass blocked he does a very good job keeping his guy in front of him. Roullier i actually agreed with you although you ignored that. I just said it's not a very big sample size. Scherff at this point is a the best Oline we have both run and pass but is a victim of the revolving door at C. He gets to the next level better than anyone we have and has a huge nasty streak in run blocking and is a wall in pass blocking. Sometimes he tries to help the person next to him too much and gets out of position. This would be fixed with someone solid at C. 

Last but not least, taking anything from the final grades from last yr is not much value added. The line was decimated by injury. The argument that is fair, is why do we keep Oline that are always injured? I like Moses but I would hace moved him due to injury, not poor play. Same with TW. He is getting older and again, even though you ignored it because you would rather call names, I stated I would have traded him before last year. 

Last response here. I can see you are more about personal attacks than actual discussion. So enjoy. 

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

There are about $800,000 in bonuses on top of that and frankly I hope he gets them as that would indicate he played well.

Fair enough on the last part. I think all hope he produces. And to be fair, I have no idea and can see the argument against. Just for me I do not see it as a huge risk compared to the reward.

Can you show me the bonuses part? Here is what Overthecap.com has. They show $250k in game bonuses but include that in the potential. Are they missing something? Would not be the first time. So if you have better information I am honestly interested in seeing it. 

image.png.6eeb6532b956e6db8ecccc21230b6c5f.png

image.png.9ca37afcdd562089c8e3c89ea9d14c54.png

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

He should do jail time if guilty...just wondering if the skins were in on anything/the big splash?..idk...shame on hill if guilty..I'm leaving it at that.

Tyreek hill is a great player, but he also had a domestic in college.  Now child abuse.  and now that he is nearing free agency, he will command big bucks, but is a ticking time bomb.  Never mind the high draft pick it would cost to get him.  Hard pass.

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Fair enough on the last part. I think all hope he produces. And to be fair, I have no idea and can see the argument against. Just for me I do not see it as a huge risk compared to the reward.

Can you show me the bonuses part? Here is what Overthecap.com has. They show $250k in game bonuses but include that in the potential. Are they missing something? Would not be the first time. So if you have better information I am honestly interested in seeing it. 

He only counts $3.203m as his $750k in incentives are NLTBE which is probably tied to something like playing all 16 games and with missing 3 games in 2018 only 13 games worth of per game roster bonuses are initially charged against the cap. Will get to 4mil based on those being achieved.:cheers:

Justin Houston to colts. 2 yrs, 24 mil.  Makes sense for a team on the rise like the colts, he can be the difference that takes them to the top, and colts didn't have to give him a long term deal into his mid thirties.  Wouldn't have made sense for a team like the skins who are much further away.  He would've carried them all the way to an 8-8 record.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023797/article/colts-agree-to-terms-with-exchief-justin-houston%3fnetworkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url%3Dstory&zoneKeys=s1%3Dstory&env&pageKeyValues=prtnr%3Daround-the-league%3bteam%3Dind%3bconf%3Dafc%3bdvsn%3Dacs%3bplyr%3Djustin_houston&p.ct=Around%2bthe%2bNFL&p.adsm=true&p.tcm=%23fff&p.bgc1m=%230964bf&p.bgc2m=%23053a74&sr=amp

3 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Moses is awful, out of shape and has terrible balance, I wish we would come to our sense on him and look for another option at RT.

I think they tried in last years draft with Christian. It turned out he is worse than Moses right now. Who knows what he develops into. But I was a little surprised by the pick in all honesty.

2 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What's this about tyreek hill was on the trading block at the start of free agency?

the most explosive offensive player int he league and he was on the trading block. That should tell you what you need to know about having him in your locker room.

2 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Tyreek hill is a great player, but he also had a domestic in college.  Now child abuse.  and now that he is nearing free agency, he will command big bucks, but is a ticking time bomb.  Never mind the high draft pick it would cost to get him.  Hard pass.

If he gets charged with breaking his kids arm, there is a good chance he will be going to jail.  In college he choked his pregnant girlfriend and punched her repeatedly in the stomach (he was literally beating his kids before they were born).  If he is found to have broken the arm of his little kid, I don't know if he will be allowed to play again.  So, there wouldn't be a cost in $ or draft picks, the cost will be a loss of respect in the team that signs him.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I saw Lauvao get trucked so many times he was like a turnstile. I saw with my own eyes TW keep our QB upright. Does he let a few more through? Yes, but he is still a top 5 LT. Moses is a above average, especially in pass blocking. He struggles getting to the next level sometimes but in pass blocked he does a very good job keeping his guy in front of him. Roullier i actually agreed with you although you ignored that. I just said it's not a very big sample size. Scherff at this point is a the best Oline we have both run and pass but is a victim of the revolving door at C. He gets to the next level better than anyone we have and has a huge nasty streak in run blocking and is a wall in pass blocking. Sometimes he tries to help the person next to him too much and gets out of position. This would be fixed with someone solid at C. 

I mostly agree with your assessments and would just like to add that although the sample size for Roullier is fairly small; he was the only player on the whole team to play 100% of snaps last year. I actually thought that he played fairly well.

Also, rather surprisingly, the often injured Moses was second on offense (forth on whole team) with a 94.6% snap count. I really hope that we get to see what a healthy Moses can do, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 minute ago, London Kev said:

I mostly agree with your assessments and would just like to add that although the sample size for Roullier is fairly small; he was the only player on the whole team to play 100% of snaps last year. I actually thought that he played fairly well.

Also, rather surprisingly, the often injured Moses was second on offense (forth on whole team) with a 94.6% snap count. I really hope that we get to see what a healthy Moses can do, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yea, I have no problem with Roullier I would just like to see him repeat before i say too much. But I thought he was decent.

I know Moses played a lot of snaps but there is an argument that he probably should have missed more due to being banged up. I think if they were no not so banged up he would have likely sat more. One thing that cannot be argued is Moses dedication. He plays through a lot of pain. 

Archived