Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

VA Governor Ralph Northam Got Some Explaining to Do

Bozo the kKklown

5c54b387083d4.image.jpg?crop=1077,697,88

A photo from Gov. Ralph Northam’s medical school yearbook shows two men, one in blackface and one in a Ku Klux Klan robe and hood, on the same page as the governor.

The photo, which The Virginian-Pilot obtained a copy of Friday from the Eastern Virginia Medical School library, comes from the 1984 yearbook, the year Northam graduated.

On the half-page set aside for Northam, there is a headshot of him in a jacket and tie, a photo of him in a cowboy hat and boots and a third of him sitting casually on the ground, leaning against a convertible.

The fourth photo on the half-page has two people, one wearing white Ku Klux Klan robes and a hood, the other with his face painted black. The person with the black face is also wearing a white hat, black jacket, white shirt with a bow tie and plaid pants. Both are holding canned drinks.

It’s unclear who the people in costume are.

more in the link

https://pilotonline.com/news/government/politics/virginia/article_67fdd682-2662-11e9-a7d1-c7ed70e09b50.html

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Nuts that it probably is better politically if he's in the hood. Don't know if he resigns but the timing is terrible for Republicans. If Northam ran for Senate in the future this would have sunk his campaign.

He's a democrat...

When I saw the thread title I thought this thread was going to be about his extremely poorly worded abortion comments.   

That picture looks like what would have passed for a funny group Halloween costume idea long ago.  That earlier tweet claiming it looks like the 1950s is a comforting lie.  That looks exactly like the 80s, and I'd say early 90s too.  People forget that it was entirely normal for costumes to be insulting during that period.  There was a time when a zombie version of all recently deceased celebrities, or anyone whose death received national news attention, was also common.  The point was to be insulting.  Times have changed, but that's not an excuse, people back then knew they were being ****ty.  They just thought being terrible (to others) was funny.  It was a terrible idea then, and an absolute disaster by today's standards.  Bad choices have consequences. 

Yup. Resign. This can't be tolerated or what about'ed. Honestly I'm surprised that this is being discovered so late in the game. Should be paid more attention to this beforehand. The fact that it wasnt makes me think he either went to great lengths to hide this, or outright lied about it at some point.  

Not a good look at all.

44 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

It kinda looks like him in black face.....I still don't get how the editor/Ralph thought it was a good idea to include that picture of him in the yearbook....you mean to tell me those 4 pics were the only ones available?

There's no doubt Northam will resign...I'd be shocked if he didnt.

It was 1984, those people thought nothingness of this.

Archived