Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

Yeah, but it will take 2 years. And after that, they will try to refile and appeal again. Angelos has zero intention of ever paying, and MASN will declare bankruptcy before he cuts that check...

MASN declaring bankruptcy is the ideal outcome.  It would be forced to liquidate its assets, which include the rights to Nats television.  

I'm not expert on appellate law, but I'd imagine there are rules in place to prevent frivolous appeals from dragging on forever.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

MASN declaring bankruptcy is the ideal outcome.  It would be forced to liquidate its assets, which include the rights to Nats television.  

I'm not expert on appellate law, but I'd imagine there are rules in place to prevent frivolous appeals from dragging on forever.  

Also, at this point they need a stay from either the trial judge or the appellate court to avoid the appeals bond (pretty unlikely), which you have to put up to lodge an appeal in the first place (MASN would probably need put up about 5-10% of the bond amount depending on their commercial credit).  

I think we're headed towards an eventual ugly bankruptcy liquidation.  But yeah, I think buying back the broadcast rights with Masn dismantling would be best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

The way Selig and MLB structured MASN, it was doomed to fail. I would be just fine with a bankruptcy liquidation--I'd even forgo that $100m for our freedom to sign a real TV deal with NBS Sports, Fox, or whomever.

I'm pretty sure that's where this is heading. MASN and Angelos aren't sitting on our $100m. Whenever he's eventually forced to pay it, the network goes under and he has to sell the O's. 

32 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I'm pretty sure that's where this is heading. MASN and Angelos aren't sitting on our $100m. Whenever he's eventually forced to pay it, the network goes under and he has to sell the O's. 

Bmore would throw a parade if that's how they get out of the Angelos business. Too bad they can't repay us with a Skins sale. 

28 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm sorry, I'm new to this baseball thing.  Is 8-0 on the road with our 4th starter against a division leader after less than 24 hour turnaround following a 4 game series considered good?  

giphy.gif

Edited by Forehead