Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

We have 7 more games against the Braves. If we dominate them, I'll let myself get upset over what the Braves are doing. Until then, I'm more interested in getting a seat at the table any way we can. 

On account of the Cubs/Cardinals battle for the Central almost certainly yielding a wild card spot (but only one), the Mets losing further entrenches our position. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

The black/white unis were interesting for about 2 innings. I'm over it now. Hats look cool.

Strong win after what shouldn't be allowed by MLB with traveling and then a day game. Etc etc.

Getting 1 of the next 2 would be good. 2 of 2 would be amazing. 0 would be sucky. Philly and NY losing did help us a little there.

My concern now is Zimmerman. If/when he tries to come back again. He's going to end up starting taking one of the guys who has been hitting now off the field. That isn't cool. I'd much rather him be a bench player the rest of the way. Let him PH and maybe come in to play 1st if a game is out of hand one way or another. But don't mess with whatever is going right with this team right now.

9 hours ago, skinswillwin06 said:

So we're giving up on the division?

Making up 6 games in 34 is tough to do. Its not like the braves are showing any signs of slowing down. Its the price we pay for that horrid stretch of play earlier in the year. 

16 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

My concern now is Zimmerman. If/when he tries to come back again. He's going to end up starting taking one of the guys who has been hitting now off the field. That isn't cool. I'd much rather him be a bench player the rest of the way. Let him PH and maybe come in to play 1st if a game is out of hand one way or another. But don't mess with whatever is going right with this team right now.

Zimm has to be a bench player/spot starter. Sucks that its ending this way for him, but we all know its just a matter of when he gets hurt again anyway. Martinez has to know this, not a time to protect feelings

Edited by StillUnknown

Its crazy we've been so hot yet haven't really made any headway at all on the Braves. I was hoping to get to within 3 going into September but even that's not super likely.

Wild Card game it is, but if we're at home with Mad Max I'm liking our chances of going on a 2014 Giants like run.