Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

10 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

We've won 7 of 8 and dropped a game in the standings because the braves cant be bothered to lose a damn game lol

Gonna be very satisfying knocking them out of the playoffs

Making a World Series by going through the Cubs, Dodgers, then Braves would be really fun. Don’t see any NL team other than *maybe* the Dodgers having the horses to knock off the Astros or Yankees this year, but I’ll gladly take an NL pennant. 

• Like 1

Coming into this weekend, the Cubs were 44-19 at home. A .698 winning percentage, which is a 113-win pace. They had lost 1 series there all year: losing two of three to Cincinnati in a series that began May 24, ironically.

And we swept their monkey asses. Not just swept them, but beat their asses wholesale, outscoring them by 13 runs.

• Like 2

I don't put too much stock in ESPN percentages, but Philly and the Mets being pedestrian recently, combined with us sweeping the Cubs, has put us at a 97.6 percent chance of making the playoffs.

We've got 5 games on the Phillies (5.5, but 5 for arguments sake) with 32 games to go.  They'd be forced to win at a .656 pace from here on out while we only go .500 for them to catch us.  I don't see it happening.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Forehead said:

I don't put too much stock in ESPN percentages, but Philly and the Mets being pedestrian recently, combined with us sweeping the Cubs, has put us at a 97.6 percent chance of making the playoffs.

We've got 5 games on the Phillies (5.5, but 5 for arguments sake) with 32 games to go.  They'd be forced to win at a .656 pace from here on out while we only go .500 for them to catch us.  I don't see it happening.

Kinda torn on who I would want to face in the wildcard playoff

Philly with their lack of pitching, puts no fear in my heart, but I don't want Bryce to even have the chance of knocking us out. I can't go into a offseason where they rewrite that narrative based on one damn swing.

on the other hand, I don't really want to see DeGrom in a one game playoff.

just hoping one of the teams in the central gets hot and locks it down