Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

You start Stras game 2 knowing you have Sanchez in your pocket if you need it. Scherzer would still get Game 3 on regular rest. Where it gets dicey then is if it goes to a Game 4. You'd have to go Corbin on short rest, but then you'd have Stras again for Game 5 on regular rest(along with Sanchez).

I want my best arms pitching as much as possible.

• Like 1

It's difficult to draw up a list of probable starting matchups until we know who won game 1. We only know those starters and that Rich Hill is the likely game 4 starter. If that's the case, you would think we could start Sanchez in that one, but if we win tomorrow, I think he comes out for game 2 and Strasburg faces Kershaw at Nats Park with a fully rested Scherzer getting Rich Hill. A rematch of game 1 would line up for an elimination game if need be. 

If we lose tomorrow, Strasburg gets Ryu, Scherzer faces Kershaw, Sanchez faces Hill and Corbin/Buehler repeats for game 5.

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

It should all be based on how Stras feels. He's earned that much. If he says he's good to go, he goes.

If we are to fall, i'd rather go out after emptying the clip

Damn right.  I have always defended the shutting down of Strasburg in 2012.  I defended that move because I dreamed of a series like this and him FULLY HEALTHY & on a ROLL.  Damn right empty the full clip.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, -JB- said:

Damn right.  I have always defended the shutting down of Strasburg in 2012.  I defended that move because I dreamed of a series like this and him FULLY HEALTHY & on a ROLL.  Damn right empty the full clip.

The fact that he's here, and shoving in the postseason, while comparables Kris Medlen and Matt Harvey's careers are all but over, shows they made the right decision.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

The fact that he's here, and shoving in the postseason, while comparables Kris Medlen and Matt Harvey's careers are all but over, shows they made the right decision.

I don't know.  I think I need to hear Feinstein's take on it for the two millionth time just to be sure.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, wrilbo67 said:

If the MLB league office had any empathy, they’d schedule game 3 in DC to be at the same time as the Redskins game on Sunday.

I don't think it matters. Fans are going to spend time and energy in going to the Nats game instead of both.

It is one of two bye week for us Skins fans...lol

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I don't know.  I think I need to hear Feinstein's take on it for the two millionth time just to be sure.  

SO I had to check. Literally said nothing about Nats-Brewers. All of his tweets the last 2 days have to do with his utter obsession with Dan Snyder and the Rays-A's game.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

SO I had to check. Literally said nothing about Nats-Brewers. All of his tweets the last 2 days have to do with his utter obsession with Dan Snyder and the Rays-A's game.

Still relevant. :ols: 

IIRC he called me an asshole or smart ass or something. Of course I'm blocked so I can't see his response anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

745 start for sunday!

Yup, now if only Metro will stay open late.  I just priced the parking in the area.  There is nothing available from the Nats and there is a place near Nats Park that is $50 and closes at 11:45.  I think I am going to take my chances with Metro....sigh.  SO GLAD I SOLD MY PATRIOTS TICKETS AND AM GOING TO THIS INSTEAD!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Yup, now if only Metro will stay open late.  I just priced the parking in the area.  There is nothing available from the Nats and there is a place near Nats Park that is $50 and closes at 11:45.  I think I am going to take my chances with Metro....sigh.  SO GLAD I SOLD MY PATRIOTS TICKETS AND AM GOING TO THIS INSTEAD!!!

Yeah for the WC game I was coming from out of town and had was out the door 3 minutes after I found out I got my ticket. Didn't have time to look at parking options, but I recalled that the last time I went to a playoff game I had a miserable time with driving in and parking, so I decided to metro. Luckily they'd announced metro was open late already, so that made it a much easier decision. Had an oddly pleasant experience with the metro. Got to Vienna at around 6, the parking deck was totally cleared out already. Got parked, bought my fare ticket, and onto the train in like 5 minutes flat. Really clean, new car too. Much better experience than metro used to be, not sure if I was just lucky though. 

edit- hey, here you go:

Edited by skinsfan_1215

40 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

Metro just announced it will run late

https://twitter.com/wmata/status/1179785572426104833?s=20