Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Wait why do you guys want Corbin pitching a meaningless 9th? Last time he did that he sucked the next couple starts

Because baseball is supposed to be fun and great achievements like a complete game shutout add to team rapport. 

1 minute ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Wait why do you guys want Corbin pitching a meaningless 9th? Last time he did that he sucked the next couple starts

he's cruising, still had some room before he got to 100 pitches. 105 was the reasonable cap for him giving the way he was going. save an arm in the pen

7 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Hard pass but ok

For me, I just wanted to see if he could get a Maddux.  In case you don't know what it is, it's a complete game shutout in less than 100 pitches. Not trying to be condescending, some people haven't heard of it.

He was at 93 pitches.  I would have liked to see if he could have gotten three quick outs and pulled it off.  If he had walked someone or given up a hit, I'd have had no problem with him being pulled at that point.  But to not even let the attempt happen, especially the way he was cruising, bothered me.

31 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So which are you watching live tonight?   Max's return against the Pirates or the Skins' third preseason game, the one where starters play most?

Since Keenum is getting starter reps I don't really feel any need to watch... I've watched a little preseason just to see how Haskins looked but have zero interest otherwise. I'll keep an eye on twitter and maybe flip over to the Skins to see a Haskins possession, but that's about it. 

44 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll probably need some runs today. Scherz will be on a pitch count and will need to shake off some rust.

Forecast in Western PA looks not go great tonight. Surprised this isn't a 1pm getaway day game.

Also don't know much about Steven Brault. Seems he's been improving over the season but their bats haven't helped him.

Oh, and the choice between the Skins preseason and Scherzday? No question for me anymore. Scherz all the way. I can go back and watch the Skins off the DVR to see something that's mentioned online.