Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Randy Knorr is coaching at Fresno.  Bring him up.  I don't see what value Davey brings right now.  That's what i usually look at a coach.  I thought he would be the leadership being under the Cubs manager i forget his name but this has been total garbage so far. 

List of Nationals managers since their inception:

Frank Robinson

• Manny Acta
  • Jim Riggleman
  • Davey Johnson
  • Matt Williams
  • Dusty Baker
  • Davey Martinez

If I had to rank them in order of best to worst, I'd go like this:

Davey Johnson

Dusty Baker

Frank Robinson

Jim Riggleman

Matt Williams

Manny Acta/Davey Martinez - tied currently for worst manager

Edited by Barry.Randolphe
  • Like 1

I’d put Matt Williams in the bottom tier category before Davey. Davey, while he clearly inspires zero confidence with fans and results have been sub-par, has had a rough hand dealt with both bullpen and injuries.

Matt Williams had a veteran player screaming at him in the clubhouse. If that happens to Davey I will amend my rankings. 

• Like 2

Davey is going to get time now because his 3B, SS, and 1B are all out. I don't know if it matters. There is nothing we can point to and say he's an excellent manager when it comes to X. He's not even average yet.

I'd let Lilliquist go. Been saying that for weeks now. That would send a message that everyone is being held responsible. If things don't improve from there, then Davey would be next. 

The best thing for this team would be to be 10 game back well ahead of the trade deadline so you can make an informed decision about the future of the team with plenty of time to mull it over. I'd rather not watch bad baseball for a decade and raise my kids watching losers play, so I'm a big fan of the blow-it-up strategy right now. 

27 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not quite to blow it up territory, i want to see what the roster does with an actual manager of men first.

That said, Rizzo has yet to get that part correct

We saw this show for 162 games last year. With a $200m roster, this team should not be this bad. It's time.

And--give me Giraridi, give me Showalter. Give me someone that commands a room. Give me Beltran as the bench coach.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

We saw this show for 162 games last year. With a $200m roster, this team should not be this bad. It's time.

And--give me Giraridi, give me Showalter. Give me someone that commands a room. Give me Beltran as the bench coach.

Was your "it's time" comment in regarding to blowing it up or new manager?

If we're gonna be big time deadline sellers, no point in ditching Davey yet. Let him coach out his contract and find someone new when we are ready to compete again. 

45 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I'm not quite to blow it up territory, i want to see what the roster does with an actual manager of men first.

That said, Rizzo has yet to get that part correct

Rizzo tried to hire Bud Black. Later, he tried to bring Dusty back. There are only so many proven MLB managers your GM can try to hire... the manager situation is absolutely NOT on him. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215

19 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Yeah I'm with you. Normally I'm okay with giving young up and comers a chance but the last two times we've gone that route, its backfired. Meanwhile proven leaders of men like Baker and Johnson get results.

• Like 1