Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

6 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Dogecoin is proof-of-work based and relies on mining, therefore it does use significant  compute power.  However since the block time is 1 minute compared to Bitcoins 10 it stands to reason it uses 1/10th the power of Bitcoin

Really I was joking cause doge is a joke but thanks for the actual answer and it stands to reason that Musk might wanna transition to doge coin.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

I took profits on everything that was still up and now sitting mostly cash with two small holdings in Stellar and ETC. 

good moves 

I think long term better than small holdings make sense but that’s quibbling and that’s dumb in the face of otherwise great moves. Kudos

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

Reading that full post, looks like Musk is gonna create his own crytocurrency that has to be mined using green certified method (i.e. - controlled and approved by Tesla, probably using their solar).

yeah whatever. 

proof of stake is the answer to proof of work, eth is already set to make the cutover and its part of why it was pumping

Buy the rumor sell the news. 

im not saying things won’t tank further but while watching a very volition market in play I’ve adjusted to being a contrarian to big swings. It usually works out well. 

im holding onto my hat cause it’s gonna be bumpy but I think this tweet is much to do about nothing. Musk started with doge coin. It’s a joke of a play on a joke of a coin. 

so he can talk about a green coin all he wants. But that problem is already solved and in the works. 

I do enjoy the crypto nerds raging against the fiat USD because of the fed control element, raving about their precious proof of work Bitcoin, seamlessly transitioning into supporting a proof of stake concept (because these people are empty environmentalist much like they’re empty economists) which is basically the ****ing opposite of proof of work and puts the control in whatever hands it takes to own a certain % of the market

i kind of wish the fed would troll the crypto nerds by waiting for eth to switch over to proof of stake, then just buy 51% of the market and say “hey we control etherium now”

Twitter would melt down 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, tshile said:

*sigh*

hey, uh, buying opportunity everyone 

🤪

It bounced big time after that. 

17 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

what are your thoughts on something like xrp?

Are any sites in the US permitting the trading of it these days? It's under investigation by the SEC now. 

This could go in the Tesla thread too. 

19 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

what are your thoughts on something like xrp?

No **** I loved xrp in 2017 but knew nothing about anything and was talked into ltc which promptly lost 50% and I got mad and am just back into everything like 3 weeks ago

(don’t take my advice on anything)

my current understanding is they’re still under sec investigation but last week there were some interesting moves in the sec that signals the sec is about to drop their case, and the xrp people make a solid case asking why they’re the only ones being held to this scrutiny, and so there’s a theory it’s about to get dropped? Yet currently most exachanges have blocked the transfers to/from xrp citing the ongoing sec investigation?

am I correct? Missing something?

6 minutes ago, Hersh said:

BUY THE DIPS

10K HERE WE GO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, tshile said:

No **** I loved xrp in 2017 but knew nothing about anything and was talked into ltc which promptly lost 50% and I got mad and am just back into everything like 3 weeks ago

(don’t take my advice on anything)

my current understanding is they’re still under sec investigation but last week there were some interesting moves in the sec that signals the sec is about to drop their case, and the xrp people make a solid case asking why they’re the only ones being held to this scrutiny, and so there’s a theory it’s about to get dropped? Yet currently most exachanges have blocked the transfers to/from xrp citing the ongoing sec investigation?

appreciate the info. it makes the most sense to me (especially after today since there's no mining, etc). guess i should pounce as soon as its up on exchanges again

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Are any sites in the US permitting the trading of it these days? It's under investigation by the SEC now. 

Should be available on Coinbase.  I think those guys under investigation will get off with a fine. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Should be available on Coinbase.  I think those guys under investigation will get off with a fine. 

One is currently not permitted to buy or sell on ripple on Coinbase. Only hold whatever you have. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dumb question but these original buyers of things like Dogecoin that iwn multi multi multi millions of it...can they not sell it? I guess I don't understand why the big ones haven't cashed out and tanked it...

You have to find someone who will buy it ... for larger amounts its harder - just like stock. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Dumb question but these original buyers of things like Dogecoin that iwn multi multi multi millions of it...can they not sell it? I guess I don't understand why the big ones haven't cashed out and tanked it...

They are cashing out. There is massive volume being traded all the time 

• Thanks 1