Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BitCoin falling like a Dotcom

joeken24

I think it's probably over. But now, I have an average cost of .65 since I was flipping between Doge and ETC so now I'm just chilling down a cool 25% or whatever. You live by the meme, you die by the meme. Gonna have to wait on that lambo.

• Haha 1

If you’re sitting on a loser you’re likely better off moving it into something that’s moving...

eth, maker, atom, comp, plenty of the defi projects are all moving and will continue to move. 

simply sitting in a meme coin cause you’re down 20% doesn’t make sense. If you had faith in the long term prospects that’d be one thing. But sitting in it hoping it has another silly, nonsensical run I’m the future? That money can be put somewhere else that’s actually growing by 5-15% a day ...

I sat on ltc when the bottom fell out after I got it waiting for it to bounce back so I wouldn’t take a “loss”. Took years. And the reality is I could have made money putting it somewhere else. Whatever perceived “win” I got by holding on is canceled out big time by all the gains I didn’t make by putting it somewhere else. 

if it’s not a long term play then get out of a loser coin while it’s in loser status and put it somewhere else. Hell out it in eth and enjoy the run up through September. Dump it in September. And you’ll have made money overall instead of sitting on ****ing doge coin hoping it comes back 

Also if you’re serious about sitting in doge coin for the foreseeable future please read up about dollar cost averaging. 

If you’re actually going to sit it in then you should be buying up more as it falls to lower your average price of your investment so when it goes up you can make money back and reduce your loss and turn it into a win. 

for example sitting at .65 average cost sucks. Buy that down by picking some up on the .40’s. Then when it moves into the .50’s you can get out with a smaller loss or even breaking even

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

Yeah, I've sold plenty at a loss to move into something that's making money. Know what happens next? That investment turns into a loser too. Sell that at a loss. Rinse repeat. I'm not a good market gambler.

I got lucky like 3 times. PLTR, AMC, CCIV. But every time, I sold on the way back down after when I could have taken more profit (cause I'm a greedy ****). Made a ton on Dog and ETC too, but then they tanked. It's a ****ing gamble.

I do bet there's still plenty of volatility left in dog coins though. 

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

If you’re sitting on a loser you’re likely better off moving it into something that’s moving...

eth, maker, atom, comp, plenty of the defi projects are all moving and will continue to move. 

I still hold big bags of a bunch of projects that I believe have potential, but now I almost exclusively only make regular buys of defi projects. Good stuff

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yeah, I've sold plenty at a loss to move into something that's making money. Know what happens next? That investment turns into a loser too. Sell that at a loss. Rinse repeat. I'm not a good market gambler.

Well... I mean you have to recognize the difference between putting money in a meme coin and quite literally banking on a huge spike in value because... Elon musk is going on SNL and expected to say something... vs banking on a *real* project with real people and real goals. 

putting your money in a meme coin with infinite supply because you think musk tweets are going to pump it is not the same as putting money in any one of the many defi projects 

and if you’re going to leave money in something you paid .65 for when it’s in the .30’s then do yourself a favor and buy a bunch in the .30’s so when it rebounds to the low .50’s your profits on your .30’s purchase cancel out to losses on your .65 purchase. 

this is called dollar cost averaging. It works great on the way up as a way to hedge against losing the bet, and works great on the way down as a way is significantly minimizing your losses. 

plus it lets you exit sooner and move that money elsewhere. 

I mean it’s your money. But your strategy sucks. Either get out or dollar cost average your losses down. Just sitting is dumb and not a strategy. 

also going forward buy the rumor sell the news. You all should dumped your **** an hour before snl started. At worst youd be wrong, musk says something sending it sky rocketing, and you buy back in to ride it up. Lower profits but that’s better than the 25-30% hair cut you took...

Btw dollar cost averaging doge coin down right now only makes sense if you’re interested in staying doge coin. 

I would gtfo. Of course I would have never gotten in. It’s a joke of a coin. But tons of **** is moving and eth looks prime to break out huge between now and October. 

so I’m not advising you dollar cost average your doge. But if your gonna sit on a .65 investment in it then please for the love of god dca that **** down so you minimize your losses or maybe even turn it into a small win

Also make a Coinbase account and launch the app and do their stupid videos. I earned 50$ Friday night spending 20 minutes watching videos on graph, compound, stellar, celo, and nuphy or whatever it’s called. And most of those have a future. 

celo looks stupid because their main selling point is you only need your mobile phone number to access your funds. Mobile phone numbers are easily hijacked. 

Edited by tshile

Oh, I got in at .12, rode it to .40, got out, got back in got out, then I started to ride ETC, got out of that, back in to Doge. Trying to flip between the two. Totally a gamble.

And yes, my strategy sucks. It's a good thing I'm not reliant on this little pittance of an "investment".

There's a saying in stock picking which likely applies just as well to crypto coin picking ... when your cab driver is talking about it, it's time to sell.

Or as Warren Buffet says ... "Be fearful when others are greedy and to be greedy only when others are fearful.”

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain James said:

Still kicking myself over doge. After it had it's very first surge, I was telling myself that I'd buy in if it drops back down to 3 cents. It left me in the dust.

Oh well, ENJ is still my top performer.

what is ENJ? Is it legit or just riding the wave of crypto?

I’ve had some good luck buying and selling eth, stellar and etc. I could’ve been up a lot if I had trusted myself more but I’m happy to be up. 

Barring some unforeseen event, I probably won’t sell Eth for a while now. 
The plan now is looking to move in and out of a few coins and take small gains with the assumption that volatility will remain. 

I don’t even know how but I have a lot of VeThor which is less than 2 cents. I don’t know if I earned it by being in something else a long time ago or what. Likely won’t ever amount to anything but I’ll stay in it 

25 minutes ago, Hersh said:

what is ENJ? Is it legit or just riding the wave of crypto?

It is intended to support making NFTs, and likely will rise and fall with the popularity of those. But aside from the HershCoin we know you're not a fan of NTFs . :ols:

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

It is intended to support making NFTs, and likely will rise and fall with the popularity of those. But aside from the HershCoin we know you're not a fan of NTFs . :ols:

One feature of HershCoin is to support NFTs that ridicule people that buy NFTs. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

Oh, I got in at .12, rode it to .40, got out, got back in got out, then I started to ride ETC, got out of that, back in to Doge. Trying to flip between the two. Totally a gamble.

And yes, my strategy sucks. It's a good thing I'm not reliant on this little pittance of an "investment".

What kind of fees are you paying to trade or sell?

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

The fee of using the ****ty ass platform known as Robinhood.

2.99% and they tended to have server issues during price drops that only affect buying.

Edited by ClaytoAli

My friends say Coinbase is basically the best for having quick deposits/withdrawals (as long as you send it to a PayPal account), and ease of use. There are coins they don’t offer so you’d have to use a different less easy/quick one but they said to use Coinbase for most stuff. They’re also giving me advice based on where I am understanding-wise so, keep that in mind. 

I was using voyager and they suck

make sure whoever you pick you look what what they’ll allow withdrawals on. Converting your alt coin into eth to then transfer and convert it back gets expensive if you’re not paying attention. Think I lost about 200$ when it was all said and done exiting voyager and I’m not even all the way out because the here not putting the final cleared status on my deposit from a week ago so I have to leave enough to back that until it clears. 

they also go down all the time. Every time doge moved it went down. Coinbase doesn’t have that issue apparently. A big run on btc? Maybe... random alt coins making noise? They seem to stay up and allow transactions. 

they have two all’s. Coinbase is what you want and has quizzes you can take (watching g marketing material) and you get free coins and they’re legit coins like compound and graph. 

Coinbase pro is for someone that likes candle wicks and if you don’t know what that means then stick with regular Coinbase until you do. 

Edited by tshile