Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anti-Vaxxer thread (New York Reports 1st Polio Case in Nearly a Decade)

China

Now the Anti-Vaccine World is Mad at ‘Died Suddenly,’ The Viral Anti-Vax Documentary

In the anti-vaccine world, some things are certain: every few months, a new, shriekingly alarmist claim about COVID vaccines will make the rounds. And while many people will pick up and spread the latest narrative, others will bitterly push back, convinced their movement is being sabotaged from within. The latest demonstration of this cannibalistic impulse comes via Died Suddenly, a viral anti-vax documentary. After a rush of traffic and attention, some anti-vaccine personalities are complaining that the film is designed to make their movement look bad. 

Died Suddenly is the project of a far-right podcaster and COVID conspiracy theorist named Stew Peters, and it’s been, as far as these things go, a genuinely viral sensation in a certain corner of the media marketplace. Among other things, Marjorie Taylor Greene has tweeted about it, and Google Trends shows a pronounced spike in searches for the term “died suddenly” around the time the film was released. The film has more than 12 million views on Rumble, the alternative video platform backed by conservative venture capitalists including Peter Thiel and J.D Vance. The film also has a verified Twitter profile.  

Briefly—really, as briefly as we can—the film’s main claim is that COVID vaccines are causing people to suddenly drop dead, and that the proof is in the type of blood clots that embalmers are seeing in the bodies they prepare for burial. (If you’re already seeing the major logical issues in this line of argument, well, you’re probably not the film’s target audience.)  Vaccines, the film insists, are also creating miscarriages and fetal abnormalities, and overall represent a “bioweapon” and a depopulation scheme by global elites. “We have to defeat it,” one of the purported experts in the film insists. “Because if we don’t, these monsters will destroy humanity.” 

But ripples soon appeared on the water. A couple of weeks after sharing a link to the film, for example, old-school conspiracist and lizard guy David Icke shared a post on Telegram, written by a lesser known anti-vaccine figure named Dr. Josh Guetzkow, who identifies himself as a professor at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. Guetzkow called the film “typical trash from Stew Peters.” 

“The film taints and tarnishes the material on clots and other important information by covering it with a lot of garbage,” the author wrote. He complained that the opening credits to the film are seeded with references to other conspiracy theories, including Bigfoot, UFOS, and “what appears to be the Loch Ness monster.”

“What was the point of interspersing the montage with all this conspiracy theory fodder?” the author wrote. “Was it to plant in the reader’s mind that what they were about to see was on par with Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster?”

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw the Hamlin stuff earlier tonight. I left Twitter because of them blaming the vaccine. A lot of people are claiming that tons of young in shape athletes are dying all over. I don’t keep up with a ton of sports, but what young athletes have died? I don’t recall anyone in particular, just people like my neighbor saying that high schooler football players on his son’s team are all dying because of the vaccine.

5 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I saw the Hamlin stuff earlier tonight. I left Twitter because of them blaming the vaccine. A lot of people are claiming that tons of young in shape athletes are dying all over. I don’t keep up with a ton of sports, but what young athletes have died? I don’t recall anyone in particular, just people like my neighbor saying that high schooler football players on his son’s team are all dying because of the vaccine.

It's all disgusting lies. We had a principal pass away last month and immediately certain horrible ****ing people blamed the vaccine. They can all **** all the way off forever. No redeeming these people. 

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, Hersh said:

It's all disgusting lies. We had a principal pass away last month and immediately certain horrible ****ing people blamed the vaccine. They can all **** all the way off forever. No redeeming these people. 

Yeah, people disgust me anymore. I have never been a big people person, but all the crap over the past several years has made me realize that people in general are all ****ing idiots. I’m sure people think I’m an idiot as well. The internet has really damaged peoples brains or maybe they have always been damaged, but now everyone has a voice and can post their mindless drivel for the next dumbass to read and repeat.

40 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Maybe he can point you to some obituaries? There must be tons if a whole team is losing a bunch of members.

Edited by Cooked Crack
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Maybe he can point you to some obituaries? There must be tons if a whole team is losing a bunch of members.

I talked about it on here before. I haven’t questioned him any further. It’s really not worth it. He’s a nice guy and a good neighbor to have. He even has two Covid shots, but has said he won’t get any more.

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

NBA HoFer John Stockton is one of those spreading the lie that thousands of athletes have died from the covid vaccine. **** him and those like him. 

“It’s thousands of athletes that have died.  Well, it might not be that many.  But I heard it was a lot.” - John Stockton, something to that effect.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

What parents need to know about measles: 'It's not a very fun disease to have'

During the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that 22.3 million infants globally missed their first dose of the measles vaccine in 2020, contributing to the largest annual increase in over 20 years of unvaccinated children in the U.S. The concern, researchers said at the time, was that it would lead to outbreaks of measles and other preventable illnesses in the future.

Now, there's a measles outbreak in central Ohio — and the majority of the children impacted are unvaccinated. According to the official city of Columbus website, there have been 85 cases of measles since the outbreak began in November 2022, and 34 people have been hospitalized with the virus. Of those affected, 78 were unvaccinated, six had only one dose of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine that works to prevent the illness, and one had an unknown vaccination status.

All of the cases were in children ages 17 and younger, and the vast majority of patients were ages 2 and younger.

Columbus Health Commissioner Mysheika Roberts said in an interview last month that the outbreak started with a small group of people who returned from an area where measles regularly occurs. The virus spread quickly in young, unvaccinated children. "The reason why so many of our young children have been impacted by this measles outbreak is because that's the greatest majority of our population that's unvaccinated," she said.

These aren't the only cases of measles in the U.S. over the past year: Data from the CDC shows that there were 118 cases of measles in 2022, up from 49 cases in 2021. (Data for 2023 is not yet available online.)

It's understandable to have questions about measles after this. Here's what you need to know.

What is measles?
Measles, which is caused by a virus, is an acute viral respiratory illness that leads to a range of uncomfortable symptoms, including a distinct rash, high fever and cough, per the CDC. But it's not your average illness. "Measles is a dangerous disease that has the capacity to cause pneumonia, brain infection and can erase aspects of one's immune system," Dr. Amesh Adalja, a senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, tells Yahoo Life. More specifically, a measles infection can damage a person's immune system by wiping out up to 73% of preexisting antibodies for other diseases, including influenza.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

Someone complained about my mask today at the hockey game in the bathroom

He later told me that vaccines are killing people

jennifer-lawrence-ok.gif

Isn't it against man law to talk to the guy next to you as you're peein'?

When that happens you're supposed to turn towards them, without missing a beat, and pee on their leg.

• Haha 8