Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

Redskins go 3-0 = 9-7

Bears go 0-3 = 9-7 

Redskins win tie-breaker with Bears 

So at that point it wouldn’t matter what the Vikings did. They’d either finish second to Bears and we’d be wild card or they would win division and we’d be wild card. 

44 minutes ago, kleese said:

Redskins go 3-0 = 9-7

Bears go 0-3 = 9-7 

So at that point it wouldn’t matter what the Vikings did. They’d either finish second to Bears and we’d be wild card or they would win division and we’d be wild card. 

Curious, how do the Redskins win tie-breaker with Bears?

Anyways, I'd forget the Bears. They play the 49ers, ergo 10 wins. There IS a chance even if we win only 2 more.

Eagles play the Rams and Texans = 2 losses at 7-9

Vikings play the Seahawks, Bears, and I'm hoping a loss to the Dolphins = 3 losses at 7-8-1

Forget the Panthers... they play the Saints twice.

Hopefully we beat the Jags and Titans = 1 loss at 8-8

7 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

Curious, how do the Redskins win tie-breaker with Bears?

Anyways, I'd forget the Bears. They play the 49ers, ergo 10 wins. There IS a chance even if we win only 2 more.

Eagles play the Rams and Texans = 2 losses at 7-9

Vikings play the Seahawks, Bears, and I'm hoping a loss to the Dolphins = 3 losses at 7-8-1

Forget the Panthers... they play the Saints twice.

Hopefully we beat the Jags and Titans = 1 loss at 8-8

If we win out and Bears lose out, we would have same NFC record, it then goes to common opponents (I believe). We would win there. Bears would be 0-3 against Packers and Giants and we were 2-1 against those teams. 

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

I can't believe people are talking about the paloffs when the Giants hung 40 on us before taking their foot off the gas, and we're on our 4th QB.

You guys are cute.

Math man, math. Every year this is a very difficult concept to explain. 

9 hours ago, kleese said:

Redskins go 3-0 = 9-7

Bears go 0-3 = 9-7 

You said "one of the following" has to happen, one of which was the Bears going 0-3.  That puts them at 9-7, a record they can still win the division at right now. Thus, for any tiebreakers against the Bears to come into consideration, doesn't that mean that they fall into the wildcard.....which means the Vikings would have to go on a roll?

Look none of us really expect us to honestly go 3-0 and make the Playoffs but for me I like to atleast think the games mean something which technically! They still do. Again, we know the odds are against us, and it most likely won’t happen, but some of us like to know the math to know it’s still a possibility. If you dont care about our playoff chances  I can understand that but don’t **** on fans who do. 🤷‍♂️ There’s plenty of other threads for that.

1 hour ago, Morneblade said:

Have fun with that.

The point of this thread has been transparent and stated since day 1. And, this isn't the first year it's existed. So, to come in here and **** on it is pretty stupid. Of course no one is expecting the Redskins to break a 4-game losing streak and win the next 3...the only premise of this thread is that, while they are still mathematically in the hunt, kleese is nice enough to update the "what if" for us. 

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing you to read these posts. 

1 hour ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The point of this thread has been transparent and stated since day 1. And, this isn't the first year it's existed. So, to come in here and **** on it is pretty stupid. Of course no one is expecting the Redskins to break a 4-game losing streak and win the next 3...the only premise of this thread is that, while they are still mathematically in the hunt, kleese is nice enough to update the "what if" for us. 

No one is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing you to read these posts. 

It's actually like an annual tradition at this point, not only the thread, but the back and forth with those who either don't understand the premise or are so annoyed/angered by the premise. 

Like you said, I don't think there is ANY Redskins fan in America that truly believes we are about to finish 3-0. Heck, there probably aren't very many that think we have much of a chance to finish  1-2. But for me, as a fan, as long as we have reasonable control over our fate, that is enough motivation for me to watch on gameday. And if I watch, I like to at least know that what if's.... so this Sunday I'll go ahead and fire up the TV's on the deck, thrown some Skins gear on, get some food and drink and have our game on at Jax while watching the Vikings and Cowboys on the other TV. It is entirely possible by 3pm central (or potentially much earlier) that it will be clear we have lost and at that point my motivation for doing all of that will almost certainly be gone for the 2018 season. It's something I look forward to ever year so I'll squeeze the juice on the lemon as much as I can before finally throwing it in the trash. For me this week is all about one thing... will it end Sunday or will they extend it so that I have interest in the Titans game? 

@kleese

I agree...these Redskin Sundays are rare and fleeting. We get about 30% of our year to enjoy 16 games and, despite the ****show of the front office, it's still my team running around in burgundy and gold. I do the same thing while we are still alive and even find reasons to watch when we're eliminated (maybe Doctson will have a big game or Allen will have 3 sacks). 

Also, it seems impossible to think we'll do anything to stay in the conversation past this Sunday, but we've had seasons that seemed nearly as hopeless. The 2007 team may have been better, but the trajectory was similar. From 5-3 to 5-7 on a four-game losing streak and dejection with all the off-the-field context (Taylor tragedy, starting QB injured early in the game on a short-week, etc.). I probably thought the odds were just as long in that moment as I do now...that felt nothing like 2005 to me at the time. 

Granted, it's easier to retroactively understand how it happened. Gibbs is great with that (Gruden, probably not) and the team used Taylor's tragedy as a galvanizing event. This team seems different...

16 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@kleese

I agree...these Redskin Sundays are rare and fleeting. We get about 30% of our year to enjoy 16 games and, despite the ****show of the front office, it's still my team running around in burgundy and gold. I do the same thing while we are still alive and even find reasons to watch when we're eliminated (maybe Doctson will have a big game or Allen will have 3 sacks). 

Also, it seems impossible to think we'll do anything to stay in the conversation past this Sunday, but we've had seasons that seemed nearly as hopeless. The 2007 team may have been better, but the trajectory was similar. From 5-3 to 5-7 on a four-game losing streak and dejection with all the off-the-field context (Taylor tragedy, starting QB injured early in the game on a short-week, etc.). I probably thought the odds were just as long in that moment as I do now...that felt nothing like 2005 to me at the time. 

Granted, it's easier to retroactively understand how it happened. Gibbs is great with that (Gruden, probably not) and the team used Taylor's tragedy as a galvanizing event. This team seems different...

I agree about 2007 in that the first of those four wins... at home on Thursday against the Bears, I was barely invested in that game. I wasn’t even pondering playoffs at all. The Bills loss right after ST death totally zapped me. I watched that Bears game in a zombie-like state. I think it was after that weekend that I finally realized we still had a decent chance. And I started to get kind of excited for Giants game. I think the same thing would happen this week. Most people will be very meh about this Jags game. But if we win it and especially if we get help from somewhere else on Sunday, you’ll see a LITTLE chatter about the Titans game and the possibilities. 

10 hours ago, kleese said:

If we win out and Bears lose out, we would have same NFC record, it then goes to common opponents (I believe). We would win there. Bears would be 0-3 against Packers and Giants and we were 2-1 against those teams. 

I see, and we both beat the Cards and Bucs... Thanks!

So with the Vikings pooping their pants in Seattle, here is the update.

Redskins make the playoffs at 9-7 if ONE of the following this happens:

—Bears lose 3

–Cowboys lose 3

–Seahawks lose 3

–Vikings lose 1

And I REALLY didn’t want to do

this, but what the heck...Redskins make the playoffs at 8-8 if ALL of the following happen: 

—Vikings lose 2

–Eagles lose 1 of 2 before us 

—Packers lose 1 

So believe it or not, the Redskins CAN’T be eliminated this week. Even if they lose to the Jags they are guaranteed to take the field against the Titans still mathematically alive. And if they beat the Jags? Well, then they will be REALLY alive. 

dunno guys, for all the disaster this season has been, we are still very alive in the playoff hunt mid december, and look, at least it’s not as depressing as a team like the panthers, who has most of their starters but lost 5-6 in a row anyway and is out. They got no excuses. I think our players will play a little harder for johnson than they did for sanchez. Sanchez is the butt of jokes, no one takes him seriously.

7 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

IF and that's a big IF, we beat the Jags and Miami beats the Vikes it's going to get very comical around here.

I am SO rooting for that if for nothing else then for the comedic purposes you mentioned. I can't imagine what it will be like if we win, the Vikings lose and the Eagles lose.... even though the Eagles losing doesn't matter to us in the big picture because we control our destiny against them--- if they lost this week, we won, and the Vikings lost... then at the end of Sunday we'd be the current 6 seed. Not one of the teams "in the hunt," we'd be IN. It would honestly be hilarious around here-- like "let's burn it down, this has been a miserable season.... oh and let's try to clinch a playoff berth in Nashville this week." 

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Just heard on the 9'ers Seahawks game that we control our own destiny again. Can anyone confirm if this is true? If we win out we are in?

We don't control our own destiny just yet. If the Cowboys, Seahawks and Vikes win their last two they'd all get in ahead of us. We need the Vikings to lose one or the Seahawks to lose at least one(maybe two, not sure about the tiebreakers). Cowboys would have to lose both of their last two since we wouldn't have the tiebreaker on them(division record, we can't be better then 3-3 there and they can't be worse than 4-2).

Archived