Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

Just now, UKskins said:

Not if they lose to us.

Eagles currently 8-7. Minnesota currently 8-6-1 so if both lose eagles would be .500 and Minny would be 8-7-1

ohh ok gotcha. that makes sense. 

now, say the eagles do beat us...(i'm expecting them to, honestly)...a vkings win would then eliminate them, right? so we should hope that either we beat them, or the vkings win, to keep them out of the playoffs? 

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

ohh ok gotcha. that makes sense. 

now, say the eagles do beat us...(i'm expecting them to, honestly)...a vkings win would then eliminate them, right? so we should hope that either we beat them, or the vkings win, to keep them out of the playoffs? 

Yep. Pretty much exactly that my man. The only other thing in play is Seattle, if Seattle lose both their two games (or lose one, tie one) then Eagles get in with Minny if they beat us. Either way - if we win, Eagles are going home. If Seattle win tonight then Minny is the only other game that matters next weekend for the Eagles.

Itll be interesting to see how the league schedules next week's games to cluster the ones with playoff implications together. I guess it'll depend on the results of the Seattle game tonight. The Seattle game in week 17 will be at 4 pm regardless but is there a chance they switch the Eagles and Vikings games to 4 pm as well?

In any event, the Sunday night game next week will be Indy at Tenn, right?

Always kind of a sad day for me mixed with relief- when the competitive part of the season ends. I’m not “happy” we got eliminated today, but I’m also not upset. Bummed knowing that football season more or less ended and it’s a long wait until the next one; but I’m already deep into basketball and in another week or so (once dust settles on our season) I’ll tune the Redskins out until about mid July— after that respite I’ll have enough juice back in tank and will be ready for football/Redskins again. 

So this thread can die now... I guess we can still update when kickoff time is announced— the only thing we know for sure is it will coincide with the Vikings kickoff. If Seattle is also in that mix you can bet it will be 4:25. 

Thread was fun as always. 

8 minutes ago, kleese said:

Bummed knowing that football season more or less ended and it’s a long wait until the next one

Yes about the death of this thread, but I always still look forward to watching the playoffs in January and early February.

Someone on Twitter posted something to highlight the Patriots winning 10+ games for each of the past 16 seasons, with the number of 10-win seasons for every other team during that stretch. The Redskins were one of five teams with two or less 10+ win seasons or less from 2003-2018. And we only had one 10-win season between 1993-2002. SMDH...………...

@kleese definitely thank you for all that you do to keep us updated in this thread throughout the season! It's always fun to discuss all the scenarios, as impossible and unlikely as they almost always are :P 

as of right now, our game and Vikings/bears are at 1 PM (12 PM for Vikings/bears). if seattle loses tonight, what would you put the chances at that our game gets moved to 4:25 (as well as the Vikings/bears game)? 

59 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

By the way, ESPN has our game against Philly at 4:25 now. Chicago vs Vikings still at 1 pm for now

Unless the NFL has changed it, they have the Bears vs Vikings game at 4:25PM. This is weird though... Chicago may want to play a lot of backups against the Vikes. There is no way there are going to get into the second seed with the Rams playing the 49ers next week. So if they beat the Vikes, they'll be playing the Eagles. I'd rather give it another shot against the Vikes at home than take a chance on the way Foles has been playing lately.

The Eagles offense has looked good with Foles in there, but the flip side is that I think Minnesota's defense has looked somewhat better than Philly's.

I'm sure the Bears are confident enough in their ability to beat either team at Soldier that they'll take their chances in case SF improbably beats LA and Chicago can get the #2 seed. They could always scoreboard watch as well and if it seems that LA has the game well in hand, they can pull their starters. 

Archived