Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2018 Flex Scheduling and Playoff Tracker Thread

kleese

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

It’s up... it is a little shameful how much time I’ve spent messing with this in past years. Hopefully it will be no different this year. 

Yeah in previous seasons we’d be like 3-6 or 4-5 or 2-8 by this point and I’d still be trying to come up with crazy as **** scenarios of how we could get a wildcard or win the division. I’d have the eagles/giants/cowboys losing out and is winning out ??? 

tonight i was trying to come up with ways we get a 1st round bye week. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah in previous seasons we’d be like 3-6 or 4-5 or 2-8 by this point and I’d still be trying to come up with crazy as **** scenarios of how we could get a wildcard or win the division. I’d have the eagles/giants/cowboys losing out and is winning out ??? 

There is basically one way that can happen IMO.... we finish 6-1 and end at 12-4 and the Rams struggle down the stretch and finish 11-5... it’s possible we could win a 12-4 tie-break with them if they lose the right games. 

54 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

giphy.gif

offensive rank, eagles get in and we’re out, but that# with them wining both are games. If we split we are in,

defensive rank, cowboys go 11-5 and win out, we loose out. That’s strange, i guess if you are gonna bet the over under on our upcoming games bet the under, because we are going to be playing against stronger defenses.... I didn’t know the cowboys defense was that good.

2018 NFL Playoff Scenarios for Week 11

2018 NFL PLAYOFF SCENARIOS FOR WEEK 11

NFC

LOS ANGELES RAMS (9-1) (vs. Kansas City (9-1), Monday night)

Los Angeles clinches NFC West division title with:

1) LAR win + SEA loss

Week 13 (December 2) and Week 14 (December 9) Schedule Changes

WEEK 13 (DECEMBER 2) & WEEK 14 (DECEMBER 9) SCHEDULE CHANGES

The NFL announced today the following schedule changes for Week 13 (December 2) and Week 14 (December 9).

In Week 13 (December 2), the Los Angeles Chargers at Pittsburgh Steelers game originally scheduled for 1:00 PM ET on CBS will move to 8:20 PM ET on NBC. Additionally, the San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks game will move from 8:20 PM ET on NBC to 4:25 PM ET on FOX.

In Week 14 (December 9), the Los Angeles Rams at Chicago Bears game scheduled for 1:00 PM on FOX will move to 8:20 PM ET on NBC. The Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders game originally scheduled for 8:20 PM ET on NBC will move to 4:25 PM ET on FOX.

The following is the final Week 13 NFL schedule (all times ET?

Thursday, November 29

New Orleans at Dallas

8:20 PM

FOX/NFLN/Amazon

Sunday, December 2

Baltimore at Atlanta

1:00 PM

CBS

Denver at Cincinnati

CBS

Los Angeles Rams at Detroit

FOX

Arizona at Green Bay

FOX

Cleveland at Houston

CBS

Indianapolis at Jacksonville

CBS

Buffalo at Miami

CBS

Chicago at New York Giants

FOX

Carolina at Tampa Bay

FOX

Kansas City at Oakland

4:05 PM

CBS

New York Jets at Tennessee

CBS

Minnesota at New England

4:25 PM

FOX

San Francisco at Seattle

FOX

Los Angeles Chargers at Pittsburgh

NBC

Monday, December 3

Washington at Philadelphia

8:15 PM

ESPN

The following is the final Week 14 NFL schedule (all times ET?

Thursday, December 6

Jacksonville at Tennessee

FOX/NFLN/Amazon

Sunday, December 9

New York Jets at Buffalo

CBS

Carolina at Cleveland

FOX

Atlanta at Green Bay

FOX

Indianapolis at Houston

CBS

Baltimore at Kansas City

CBS

New England at Miami

CBS

New Orleans at Tampa Bay

FOX

New York Giants at Washington

FOX

Cincinnati at Los Angeles Chargers

CBS

Denver at San Francisco

CBS

Detroit at Arizona

FOX

Philadelphia at Dallas

FOX

Pittsburgh at Oakland

FOX

Los Angeles Rams at Chicago

NBC

Monday, December 10

Minnesota at Seattle

8:15 PM

ESPN

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

i think if they win the first game vs us they probably still in it for the finale. Plus, nfce always goes down to the wire.

Yeah I’m pretty much already giving them the first matchup, just based on the fact that it’s a MNF game, which we always suck in those games ?

4 hours ago, kleese said:

It’s up... it is a little shameful how much time I’ve spent messing with this in past years. Hopefully it will be no different this year. 

I made my Week 11 playoff prediction in the paloffs thread:

I had us losing to the Panthers in the wild card round.  We win 9 games.  I picked San Diego to win it all.

The results yesterday were not great for us, but not terrible either-- especially if you are REALLY afraid Dallas might go on a big run... because in terms of wild card possibilities, we got help yesterday. Let me explain:

Obviously it would have been better for us had Dallas lost in terms of the division. But one consolation is that it did a lot of damage to the Falcons wild card hopes. The Panthers and Packers also lost this week. So did the Vikings. 

So even if Dallas beats us on Thursday and we enter into a first place tie with them with five games remaining, we'd also be AT WORST a half game back of the second wild card-- that's if we lose and Minnesota and Carolina both win. 

In other words, we aren't in a do or die situation for the division-- the wild card (both wild card spots) remain very much in play in the NFC. I will be VERY surprised if we finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs. So yes, I think 3-3 down the stretch gets it done... the only way that may not happen is if it's 3-3 with all three losses to Dallas and Philly. 

Winning Thursday would be massive because it would put us totally in the driver's seat for the division. The math becomes pretty tricky for Dallas at that point. It would be a little easier for Philly because they'd still control their destiny against us, but it also might mean they need to win all of their other remaining games too. 

If we lose Thursday, we basically will enter into a giant jumble of teams scratching for a playoff spot. 

9 minutes ago, kleese said:

Winning Thursday would be massive because it would put us totally in the driver's seat for the division. The math becomes pretty tricky for Dallas at that point. It would be a little easier for Philly because they'd still control their destiny against us, but it also might mean they need to win all of their other remaining games too. 

If we lose Thursday, we basically will enter into a giant jumble of teams scratching for a playoff spot. 

Thursday feels like a knock-out game if we win. Dallas would be 2+ games back of us with 5 to go. They still have a couple tough games coming up too, so they might simply run out of runway to catch up unless we bottom out. 

It's not desperate for us if we lose, but man would it be nice going into the MNF game off a mini-bye with a 7-4 (3-1) record and having re-established our two game lead over Dallas (and staying two up on Philly). 

11 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Thursday feels like a knock-out game if we win. Dallas would be 2+ games back of us with 5 to go. They still have a couple tough games coming up too, so they might simply run out of runway to catch up unless we bottom out. 

It's not desperate for us if we lose, but man would it be nice going into the MNF game off a mini-bye with a 7-4 (3-1) record and having re-established our two game lead over Dallas (and staying two up on Philly). 

No doubt... gonna cook up a thread looking at other opportunities we've had like this over the years.... hint, there haven't been many and the ones we've had... well they haven't gone too well. 

6 minutes ago, kleese said:

No doubt... gonna cook up a thread looking at other opportunities we've had like this over the years.... hint, there haven't been many and the ones we've had... well they haven't gone too well. 

I can't wait to see that...expecting to see a couple entries from 1999 when we just couldn't shake the Giants (albeit against good teams on the road, like the Lions and Colts). 

Not much is bright going into this game, which has me excited for some reason. We have only beaten Dallas once on Thanksgiving, we are coming off a tough loss, Dallas has gotten their sea legs a bit, etc. 

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think the cowboy game is a knockout game for us. If we don’t respond after loosing our qb and drop two in a row I think our defense will pack it it in....  me guys.

I see what you're saying, but it would only be that from a subjective or emotional perspective. We'd still be tied with the Cowboys and ahead of the Eagles (with an easier remaining schedule than both of them). I also don't think teams/players are quite that fragile to pack it in. 

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Emotions are a pretty big deal in football I think.

No, I agree. 

But I think your take above is more how fans or outsiders would view it. I don't see players like DJ Swearinger or Trent Williams being dejected suddenly just because they are only tied for first place now. This team under Gruden doesn't have a history of checking out early, even when they aren't in the playoff driver's seat. We'll see...

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

No, I agree. 

But I think your take above is more how fans or outsiders would view it. I don't see players like DJ Swearinger or Trent Williams being dejected suddenly just because they are only tied for first place now. This team under Gruden doesn't have a history of checking out early, even when they aren't in the playoff driver's seat. We'll see...

Yep, plenty of criticism to go around that is warranted, but under Jay the team hasn't ever had any effort or heart/motivation issues. Not saying we never laid an egg in a game or looked sluggish, but that happens in a vacuum to most teams at one time or another. I see no evidence that would indicate if we lose Thursday that the team would pack it in emotionally the final five games. 

On 11/14/2018 at 6:29 PM, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This coming from a guy who starts watching Dexter reruns when we go down by a field goal in a game..c'mon now lol just kidding with ya

Updated for yesterdays games:

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Tonights Rams-Chiefs game, not reflected

Team - (Overall Record, Conference Record)

Note: If Rams win tonight, they will be first in the NFC

1.  Saints (9-1, 6-1) Falcons, @Cowboys, @Bucs, @Panthers, Steelers, Panthers

2.  Rams (9-1, 6-1): Chiefs, Bye, @Lions, @Bears, Eagles, @Cards, 49ers

3.  Bears (7-3, 5-1) @Lions, @Giants, Rams, Packers, @49ers, @Vikings

4,  Skins (6-4, 6-2)  @Boys, @Eagles, Giants, @Jags, @Titans, Eagles

5.  Panthers (6-4, 4-3) Seahawks, @Bucs, @Browns, Saints, Falcons, @Saints

6.  Vikings (5-4-1, 4-3-1) Packers, @Pats, @Seahawks, Dolphins, @Lions, Bears

7.  Seahawks (5-5, 4-3) @Panthers, 49ers, Vikings, @49ers, Chiefs, Cards 

8.  Cowboys (5-5, 4-3) Skins, Saints, Eagles, @Colts, Bucs, @Giants

9.  Packers (4-5-1, 2-4-1) @Vikings, Cards, Falcons, @Bears, @Jets, Lions

12.  Eagles (4-6, 2-5) Giants, Skins, @Boys, @Rams, Texans, @Skins

I don't think the 4-6 #10-Falcons & 4-6 #11-Lions have a shot of the playoffs, so I didn't include them.  Philly, is only included, because you never know with the NFC East.

Use that playoff machine that kleese posted to see how things may play out.  I'll up date this weekly and post it here.  

This article was meant to reassure us, then went to crazytown:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25314418/dont-fret-washington-anything-possible-chaotic-nfc-east-nfl-2018

Spin it forward, it gets no clearer. Let's say Dallas and New York both win next week, then in Week 13 the Eagles beat Washington, the Giants beat the Bears and the Saints beat the Cowboys -- all possible outcomes. Your NFC East standings would look like this:

Dallas 6-6

Washington 6-6

New York 5-7

Philadelphia 5-7

Then let's say, in Week 14, Philly wins in Dallas and New York wins in Washington. Again, not insane. Then with three weeks to go the NFC East would look like this:

Dallas 6-7

Washington 6-7

New York 6-7

Philadelphia 6-7

You taking any bets on how that turns out?

We need to do everything we can to win our next three games and put this thing away, this could get nuts out of nowhere fast if we aren't careful.

4 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think the cowboy game is a knockout game for us. If we don’t respond after loosing our qb and drop two in a row I think our defense will pack it it in....  me guys.

I disagree.

Skins (6-4, 6-2)  @Boys, @Eagles, Giants, @Jags, @Titans, Eagles

Cowboys (5-5, 4-3) Skins, Saints, Eagles, @Colts, Bucs, @Giants

Panthers (6-4, 4-3) Seahawks, @Bucs, @Browns, Saints, Falcons, @Saints

Vikings (5-4-1, 4-3-1) Packers, @Pats, @Seahawks, Dolphins, @Lions, Bears

Seahawks (5-5, 4-3) @Panthers, 49ers, Vikings, @49ers, Chiefs, Cards 

I really don't think Green Bay or Philadelphia have a shot at the playoffs but you never know.

Divisional Race

Realistically, the divisional race is between Dallas and Washington.  Philadelphia isn't coming back and the Giants are going to win 6 in a row.

With Alex, I had us losing games @Boys, @Ealges and @Titans but winning the other 3 to win the division. I still think that's possible with Colt.  The knockout game for us, if we lose the next 2 games; is the Giants game. Lose that one and it's probably over for us.  If we win one or both of the next 2, the equation changes and we probably will win the NFC East.

Dallas - If they beat us, they probably finish 8-8 or 9-7.

There's also a shot of the wild card now:

Carolina- We probably need them to lose 3 games, in the NFC preferrably. They play Saints twice.

Vikings- At best they only win 3 more games. I think they miss the playoffs. 

Seahawks- They are real threat to win 10 games, we don't want that.

I won't use the Dallas game as a guide on how we could finish because it's a short week.  We could win or we could lose Thursday, I have no clue.  After the Philly game, is when I'll get better feel on this team. Will Colt be able to lead us to the playoffs or we do collaspe?

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This article was meant to reassure us, then went to crazytown:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25314418/dont-fret-washington-anything-possible-chaotic-nfc-east-nfl-2018

We need to do everything we can to win our next three games and put this thing away, this could get nuts out of nowhere fast if we aren't careful.

WOW. All 4 teams being 6-7, that would be hilarious actually. Week 17 would probably be HUGE for our division if that was to actually happen. 

17 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Skins, Giants, and Eagles were all 6-7 in 2015. I can't take another year of being embarrassed that the division winner might end up 8-8. 

Think last time Giants won the super bowl they were 9-7, so embarrassed isn't the word that comes to mind if we get into the tournament.

Archived