Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Amari Cooper

Thirtyfive2seven

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Correct, they got a 2020 first and third from the Bears in the Mack trade.  They get another first for Carr........whether its a 2019 or 2020, they could wind up having 6 first round picks over back to back drafts.  Has any team ever done that before?  I think it would make more sense trying to get a 2020 1st round pick for Carr, so they can spread it out evenly. 

Would also allow them to trade back for more picks and still have two impact players/immediate starters with the remaining two first round picks in both 2019 and 2020.

If they hit on all of those picks, watch out.  Especially if they use the majority of them on offense.  There is no way I don't see Chucky not loading up on the offensive side of the ball.  He's just got to hit on the picks.

He’ll package whatever it takes to bring Tua to Vegas.

And why wouldn’t he?

4 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

He’ll package whatever it takes to bring Tua to Vegas.

And why wouldn’t he?

Doesn't Tua have one more year?

Giants could be trying to load up on draft picks to make a move for Carr. Jacksonville makes a lot of sense too but they already ****ed up way too bad by resigning Bortles

Cooper is only 24 and has all pro tools, but I think that pick was pretty high.  With that said they have a average at best receiving corp.  First round picks are very important but it's not a guarantee, as we all know too well by spending multiple first round picks on probably the biggest bust in NFL history.

If anything, they probably should have went after Gordon, but then again he'd rather get high than to be an all pro.  While I'm glad that Dallas gambled such a high round pick, I see why alot of analysts said this could be a decent move for them.  If they used that pick on a wr coming out of college, they don't know pro football like Cooper does.  Cooper is already proven in this league whereas a rookie is a gamble from the first round to the last round.

I would have been pissed if WE made that trade, but I see where some analysts are coming from in a way.  Hopefully Cooper stays in his slump and the change of scenery don't spark him to return to all pro status again.

I’d really like that move as a Cowboys fan. 

High price admittedly as of now but the payoff if its a success WELL negates that. 

In the immediate, they instantly upgrade a putrid O with Cooper becoming the best WR on the team by default already. And now they have a legit outside threat they get to find out the second half the year if Dak is gonna’ be their guy going forward or not. Two birds with one stone and all that.

When the opportunity arises to help your football team in the current season like that you don’t turn it down.

And long term, if he pays off, they’ve a young, 24-year-old 4 year experienced vet. Converse that to them needing a WR the draft who wouldn’t be that much younger. And starting from scratch. They’re real high on Gallop going forward who Cooper should help out massively. And the payoff if he develops as he should to have two top young recievers if Cooper works out is MORE than worth giving up a first IMHO.

People are tallking like this is Roy Williams or Joey Galloway. When its nothing like those trades. They were 27 and 31 years-old respectively. REAL bad moves ar a bigger cost. Armari’s a Hell of a lot younger at 24 and a proven difference maker in this league. 

In view of myself always drafting for Dallas in the ES mock, to all intents and purposes I should be P at not having a first rounder next year. Bur as of now, I’m the complete opposite and real interested to see if he fixes one of the Cowboys biggest needs and answers the QB question once and for all. 

For all the mocking right now, Jerruh could well have played a blinder on this one. 

Hail.

Gibbs, maybe you're right. However, rarely does a guy who starts out well, struggles for a couple of years, ever turn it around later. In my mind, I'm thinking of Cooper like Rod Gardner. Couple of good years to start, but then flame out. There's been rumblings of Cooper last year having a bad camp, didn't have a great season last year, and a bit of a slow start this season. Just can't seem to justify the cost, but who knows, Cooper may be the exception to the rule. 

45 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Gibbs, maybe you're right. However, rarely does a guy who starts out well, struggles for a couple of years, ever turn it around later. In my mind, I'm thinking of Cooper like Rod Gardner. Couple of good years to start, but then flame out. There's been rumblings of Cooper last year having a bad camp, didn't have a great season last year, and a bit of a slow start this season. Just can't seem to justify the cost, but who knows, Cooper may be the exception to the rule. 

From what I've been hearing on sports shows, Cooper wanted out awhile ago.  He's 24.  Struggling a couple years would mean more if he was like 30, but this guy has great intangibles.  I wanted us to kick the tires on him but not with a 1st.  It was a smart move by them, but we'll see if it works out.

Desperate move.

Stretch right now to say he's anything close to a true number one receiver.

He is young though.

But not putting conditions on the first rounder of it all is bonkers. What if the Cowboys go in the crapper? Like if Dak got hurt? They'd be giving the Raiders a top five pick.

42 minutes ago, Hooper said:

But not putting conditions on the first rounder of it all is bonkers. What if the Cowboys go in the crapper? Like if Dak got hurt? They'd be giving the Raiders a top five pick.

Not only are they sacrificing a 1st round pick, but, correct me if I'm wrong, they are saddled with his massive 15 million dollar price tag next year.  And then he's a UFA afterward.  That's a HUGE cap hit, so they better get a ton of production out of him.  I'm glad the Skins were more prudent with their decision to not make a play for him.

I think the 1st was too much to give up for Cooper.  I wouldn't have made the trade if I was Dallas.  However, it has been reported that Philly offered a 2nd, so you would have to beat that if you want the guy.  He does become their best WR right off the bat.  I am skeptical that he will become a difference maker, as I think the passing game will always be a problem due to Prescott.  But, I have been wrong before.  As a Cowboys fan, I don't like this trade, but I will cross my fingers and hope that he can be a player that can make other teams have to think twice about stacking the box to stop Zeke.  

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Roger.Staubach said:

I wasn't a fan of the price we paid at the time (knowing that a future contract is on the horizon).  However, I have now changed my mind.  Our offense has improved significantly.

It was the right and smart move.

It just makes Jerry look much more smart after last night. The first round pick gets lower with every win and Cooper is proving to be a number one.

Whats great is if Dallas continues winning, that pick falls in the 18-23 range. This is not a great year for top tier receivers. 

Its quite amazing what he’s done stat wise himself. Not to mention, what he’s done for Dak and Zeke. We had our way last night missing three starters (two of which are all pro), to a team that dominated the trenches a few weeks ago 

On October 25, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Hooper said:

Desperate move.

Stretch right now to say he's anything close to a true number one receiver.

He is young though.

Desperate move or not, I was worried when they made that move.  Their offense is much better with him in there.  It's a lot of folks around here eating crow sandwiches now after laughing and clowning them for the trade.  He straight owned our "best corner" Norman out the gate and made the rest of our secondary look like the three stooges.

On October 27, 2018 at 12:23 PM, TheGreatBuzz said:

Being the smartest kid on the short bus isn't something to be happy about.

Im still not sure that giving up a first will be worth it in the long run, but he was a dramatic improvement from the other WRs right off the bat.  Even before the Thanksgiving game, he had become 2nd on the Cowboys in first down receptions.  Not bad after three games compared to the others in ten games.  His yards per game was also way better then the other WRs.  Following the Thanksgiving game, he now averages more yards per game than the next three  Cowboys WRs per game average combined.

Unfortunately for Dallas, I don't think even 280 yards from him against the Saints would be enough.  I read that the in the combined four losses that the Rams, Saints, and Chiefs have, these teams have still scored at least 35 points in each game.  There just seems like so little hope for teams that don't have the ability to rack up 40 points per game on a regular basis.

• 3 weeks later...
On October 30, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Zazzaro703 said:

Cowboys look kind of like dopes now, 1st for Cooper looks even worse after all the trades today.

Their actually calling this the best trade this season along with the Bears K. Mack.  So when are WE going to start looking like the kinda dopes the Cowboys look like?  We brought in Ha Ha....  Who looks like the real dopes now?

Cowboys rolled the dice, everyone knew the talent was there with Cooper but wasn't sure if the player lost his passion or would get back to the form he had a couple years ago.

Those questions have been answered and he's well worth the 1st round pick.

You gotta take chances to be successful, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose, Jerry won big time on this move.

Yeah I was against us trading for him because I just didn't know what kind of funk he was in. 

But wow he broke out of it immediately and has been a stud. I didn't see that coming. Dallas has a great thing going for it in Elliot and Cooper. It sucks that they will have to lock up Dak to a big deal because I don't think he is special, good yet inconsistent but not special. 

Still, with that defense and those play-makers now on the other side of the ball, they're in good shape. 

39 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Yeah I was against us trading for him because I just didn't know what kind of funk he was in. 

But wow he broke out of it immediately and has been a stud. I didn't see that coming. Dallas has a great thing going for it in Elliot and Cooper. It sucks that they will have to lock up Dak to a big deal because I don't think he is special, good yet inconsistent but not special. 

Still, with that defense and those play-makers now on the other side of the ball, they're in good shape. 

It didn't matter what kind of funk he was in while at Oakland, he would have come here and been immediately sucked into the black hole that is this team and would have sucked, and would not have been worth a 1st round pick.

Dallas for all their faults at least has a stable FO and doesn't seem to have to drama that the redskins FO does. Yes Jerry is a dolt and so is Garrett, but I don't read a whole lot about infighting and backstabbing and everything else you read about here.

Everything about this organization is toxic. The owner, front office, the coaching staff, the players and fans, and especially the media.

A change of scenery would probably be a good thing for this team/players/fans.

However even if there were some mystical team swap I'm sure the fans and media here would treat the incoming team as bad as the current one.

****holes like NY and PHI media/fans treat their teams better than we seem to here.

Archived