Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Wagering thread

Bang

I like to bet football games. Not a lot, i am not some high roller.. but i like to bet 3 NFL games per week minimum (almost always i pick 3, and only 3. I can USUALLY go 2-1.. and if i can do that.. it's a nice Christmas.) . i set myself a budget to start the year and when i run out i am done.  ( a few hundred bucks. this year I put 400 bucks in, which the booking site doubled.. i use mybookie.ag... so I have 800 bucks to play with for the year.

Luckily, i don't lose very often. 
So I figured I am not the only one, and this thread is to either talk about bets or post the bets we've made.

This week I took 3 games, even though i really don't like many of the lines this week.

Chargers +7½ vs Rams.
the Rams will likely win, but this isn't the Cardinals.. and wining by 8 over the Chargers is a tall order. Show me.

Bengals +3 vs Panthers
I like 'em. Dalton has done this before, Green is rampaging, and Bernard is a decent back even while Mixon is down. They have a good defensive front. Carolina MAY be better than i think, but right now i can't really get a handle on them. The one thing i see is they are not scoring many points. This is a hometown line, and that means nothing the experts see sets the Panthers above the Bengals... so give me the hot hand in Dalton.

Cowboys pick-em vs Seattle

This i have the least faith in, betting against seattle at home is almost a guaranteed way to lose your money. But that OL is garbage. Just garbage.

Dallas' defensive front is explosive.. and they should shred that OL like paper. Wilson hasn't got any help, and I think the cowboys win a low scoring game with about 6 or 7 sacks.

And now a tip. I heard this on a podcast over the summer, and I have been waiting to try it.

When a visiting team travels more than 1100 miles and crosses two time zones for a Thursday night game, the home team is 12-1 vs the spread since 1994.

The Vikings will be going to LA next week to play the Rams.. 1442 miles, 2 time zones. (Mountain, Pacific)

~Bang

30 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I'm waiting for this to come to the DMV area.  How do you guys do it right now? Or should we not talk about that on here.

The MGM National Harbor has a sports book. A number of companies are gearing up to let people bet via app. 

Here is an article i helped write on this topic:  https://buckleysandler.com/sites/default/files/Buckley-Sandler-Article-Improving-your-odds-on-the-gambling-frontier.pdf

Edited by PleaseBlitz

20 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The MGM National Harbor has a sports book. A number of companies are gearing up to let people bet via app. 

Here is an article i helped write on this topic:  https://buckleysandler.com/sites/default/files/Buckley-Sandler-Article-Improving-your-odds-on-the-gambling-frontier.pdf

MGM has a sports book? I thought we couldn't use it yet there.  

53 minutes ago, zoony said:

I actually disagree with 2 of your picks.  I like the Rams to cover and I like Seattle at home.  

I don't know that the rams have been really tested yet..  two wins over Oakland and Arizona..  not exactly high caliber. The Chargers are a bit different.

And as i said, normally i'd be nuts to go against seattle at home,, but that OL..  oh man, it is awful. Wilson may not survive the month.

I've used mybookie.ag for a few years, no problems, 

(Sign up now and use promo code BANG and they will double your deposit

~Plug

Edited by Bang

10 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

They always have had a sports book, primarily used for horse racing.  Delaware has a nice sports book.  I usually go there

Incorrect.  Charles Town offered on and off track pari-mutuel wagering.  In accordance with the change in federal law, they opened their sports book on September 1 with a full range of SPORTS wagering.

Two completely different things.

29 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Incorrect.  Charles Town offered on and off track pari-mutuel wagering.  In accordance with the change in federal law, they opened their sports book on September 1 with a full range of SPORTS wagering.

Two completely different things.

Sorry thats what i meant.  

i bet on the super bowl once about ten years ago and won about 50 dollars. I got the check in the mail deposited it, and had three over draft fees by the following week because canadian checks take three months to process. Ended up costing me 150 dollars, and i won.

**** that.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, zoony said:

I will be in Vegas next Sunday.  I might get crazy and put down $5 on whoever is playing the redskins

I dont really like gambling.  Mostly because even when I win Im kind of like "meh" 

I guess Im lucky I think that way

Then you need to bet more than $5.  :ols:

In the mid 2000's, I used an off-short book to bet on sports, mainly college football, quite a bit.  This was when MD and Michigan were both garbage, and it was easy to take advantage of the degenerates who did not follow college sports all that closely but HAD to bet (because, again, degenerates) and though "well, ND and Michigan are always good."  So i turned a few hundred bucks into close to $10,000.  

One day, the book just closed and kept all the money.  

Edited by PleaseBlitz

Sports betting is about discipline. I typically bet three games a week also. Your budget is a little different then mine. It doesn't matter though. 

Bet $100 bucks on the first game and win, then take the $200 bucks and place your third bet the same way. If you win all three you're sitting at $800 bucks from a $100 investment.  Good Luck. You can always do a teaser 3 way bet and win almost all the time. The winnings are less though. 

• Like 1

Bears at -6 sounds like free money to me with as awful as the Cardinals have been playing, but it's way too early in the season to make assumptions. It's probably for the best that I don't bet on these things. 

Edited by Bacon

10 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I saw an ad for it on the Metro last week. It may not be open yet, but if not, it’s coming. 

Maryland is not going to get sports betting until 2020 probably. It will probably get passed by the state legislature next year and then be implemented in 2020.

Charles Town is the only game in town for our area until then. I was there yesterday. There was an hour line to place bets before the 12PM College games. After that, it was typically about a 5-10 minute wait to place bets/cash tickets, but they had all types of betting available and a good number of TVs.

I forgot that DC is trying to legalize sports betting, so that may be an option sooner than 2020.

Edited by skinswillwin06