Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sports Wagering thread

Bang

8 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

Bills moneyline was the bet of the day. Who saw that coming? 

When I first looked at this game, I thought it was in Buffalo and had this feeling they could be one pissed off team, that could nasty their way into victory.  Once I noticed it was in MN, I just couldn’t wrap my head around them winning on the road and eventually convinced myself they’d win by double digit easily.  

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

ALRIGHTY!
Week 4.

I had my worst week in years last week and didn't win a single game. Current season record 4-5

THIS week i get to try out a nugget i learned over the summer. When a team tavels more than 1100 miles and crosses 2 time zones to play on Thursday, the home team has covered all but once since 1994 (13 games met criteria)

SO..  tonight, the Vikings travel 1400+ miles, cross Mountain and Pacific zones..    even though it's a steep line, I am taking

Rams -7½

Eagles -4½ over the Titans. I don't really understand this line.. sometimes the books know something and floats out lines that seem to good to be true,, like this one. I guess the main reason would be the Titans managed to not get blown out by the Jags last week after they came off a monster win over NE.  Still,  Philly seems to me to be a lock here.

Saints -3 over the Giants..  again, a line that seems to good to be true..  maybe they are thinking the saints of week 1 and 2 are more likely than the Saints that rolled up the points last week... not sure, but the Giants are trash, and that's that. Somehow, this is a home-team line that usually happens when the books can't give any other edge to one team or the other. Home team -3 seems to be the standard. 
In this case, I am going with the notion that the Saints are finally out of the torpor that their loss in the playoffs last year left them in. They should blow the Giants out.

I also like the Dolphins +7 vs new england, but not enough to lay down any cash. Still not sure what the Phins OR the Pats are yet... but Brady losing 3 games in a row? Not so sure on that.

~Bang

Edited by Bang

44 minutes ago, Bang said:

I also like the Dolphins +7 vs new england, but not enough to lay down any cash. Still not sure what the Phins OR the Pats are yet... but Brady losing 3 games in a row? Not so sure on that.

~Bang

I read some interesting theorizing about Belichick and the Lions game. For the life of me, I can't remember where I read it or who wrote it, but the gist was Belichick sometimes likes to view some games against non-conference teams as less important, and tries to get a jump on planning/preparing for the following week's game if it's against a conference, and especially a division opponent. In essence, he sacrifices some prep for a game he views as an acceptable loss, to make sure they're as ready as they can be for the more important game for playoff seeding, etc. No idea if it was just made up  BS, but I thought it seemed like something that could totally be in his wheelhouse. They did look like ass against Detroit, and it seems like they have no serious threats in the passing game, outside of Gronk. I'm interested to see that game this week. No way I'd put money on it though.

• Like 1

I’m also very attracted to the that Saints line.

I love the Rams tonight but 7.5 just seems a bit too high.

One more thing cause @Bang likes trends...the Houston Texans are 2-14 at Indy and have never defeated Andrew Luck there.  They are currently 0-3 and a 1.5 point underdog.  Easy money?

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Like 2

I DO like the Colts ..  but eventually the Texans have to get one,, and ONE trend i think is a fact is that there are times these books KNOW something, and float out lines like this knowing everyone will jump all over it.

I am shying away..  and this week there seems to be several of them like that ( Saints and eagles, too.)

that trend i posted up before is just something I heard on a podcast over the summer, and thought it was interesting,, so I am going to chance it.

~Bang

Surprised to see the dolphins as 7 point dogs. I guess everyone is thinking like me that the dolphins are the most overrated team in football and that there is no way that Brady and Bellicheck fall to 1-3

that said, 7 points?  It’s not that I think the dolphins are that great, it’s just that the patriots look good xceedingly average this year. I might take the dolphins if I gambled :)

On 9/27/2018 at 9:50 AM, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m also very attracted to the that Saints line.

I love the Rams tonight but 7.5 just seems a bit too high.

One more thing cause @Bang likes trends...the Houston Texans are 2-14 at Indy and have never defeated Andrew Luck there.  They are currently 0-3 and a 1.5 point underdog.  Easy money?

Wow that is the definition of “market inefficiencies”. The Colts are extremely underrated. I would take them in a heartbeat. I saw where si had them at #28 in their power rankings. Talk about no respect, they almost beat Philly and lost to Cincy in a fluke play

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zoony said:

that is the definition of “market inefficiencies”. The Colts are extremely underrated. I would take them in a heartbeat. I saw where si had them at #28 in their power rankings. Talk about no respect, they almost beat Philly and lost to Cincy in a fluke play

This is why I don’t bet

• Like 2
  • Haha 1