Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

52 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

I fell asleep too. Do the Ravens view Lamar Jackson as just a gadget player?  He won't finish this season healthy if they keep using him as a RB.

Am I the only one not impressed with their usage of him?  Seems like it bogs down an offense that isn’t all that explosive to begin with.  Flacco looks befuddled when he’s lined up at receiver like ‘Really?’.

17 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

After seeing the Dallas vs Detroit highlights, I'm not impressed with the Cowboys.

That was the first game that they had any offense at all and it helped that Detriot has one of the worse run defenses in the league. Elliot running down their throat opened up the passing game.

3 minutes ago, beachboy757 said:

That was the first game that they had any offense at all and it helped that Detriot has one of the worse run defenses in the league. Elliot running down their throat opened up the passing game.

From what I saw, Elliot was their passing game.

Mahomes on those last two drives looks like a hero of destiny.  Like he was happy on a farm until a wizard showed up and told him that the world needed him to play football.  How many penalties did he overcome?  He’s out there laughing at 2nd and 30 and throwing left handed passes while in the grasp of Von Miller.  

So I have been thinking about the new "Hits on the QB" rule.  To me, if you want to protect the QB at all costs the only real way to do that but not penalize defenders in the process is just go all the way with the thing and say that once a defender has two hands on the QB the play is whistled dead.

Here is my reasoning, with all the new rules continually benefiting the QB, you are seeing specific QB's more able to escape on coming defenders who are letting up or trying to go for different types of tackles.  If the only change brought on by the new rules were that QB's were no longer getting crushed, then fine I'd go along with it, but it feels like it is also giving the QB more opportunity to hold onto the ball until the last second, and escape from would-be sacks.  

So you almost have to do something to take away the advantage that these new rules give them.

Archived