Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

2 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

The Packers have been ripped off by the refs all more than ANY team.  I don't hear their fans crying about conspiracy, bias, favoritism, they hate us, the media is against us, the league hates us and all the other loser talk.

The Pack has REALLY gotten cheated, even against us.

They're probably on a bit of a bad run, but that's more bad luck. Weren't they also the recipient of some questionable calls in their SB, as well as a Dez Bryant call in the playoffs?

It certainly seems the league tilts calls to help certain teams (Cowboys and Patriots being the obvious), but I really don't believe the NFL is going to go to out of their way to screw over a specific team systematically. That's just conspiracy nonsense. If the Pack fans are smart enough to avoid such claims, more power to them.

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They're probably on a bit of a bad run, but that's more bad luck. Weren't they also the recipient of some questionable calls in their SB, as well as a Dez Bryant call in the playoffs?

It certainly seems the league tilts calls to help certain teams (Cowboys and Patriots being the obvious), but I really don't believe the NFL is going to go to out of their way to screw over a specific team systematically. That's just conspiracy nonsense. If the Pack fans are smart enough to avoid such claims, more power to them.

Doesn't that contradict your point?  You brought up the Dez catch where Dallas got robbed but then said the league tilts calls to help them out?  I honestly don't believe the league favors teams per say, but I do believe they are quick to throw a flag for the more recognizable winning qbs.  

2 minutes ago, NikeRedskin7 said:

Doesn't that contradict your point?  You brought up the Dez catch where Dallas got robbed but then said the league tilts calls to help them out?  I honestly don't believe the league favors teams per say, but I do believe they are quick to throw a flag for the more recognizable winning qbs.  

It would contradict my pint is I said the league called everything in favor of the Cowboys, which I certainly never did.

If I remember correctly, they made the Dez call as part of a consistent enforcement of the ridiculous catch rules, which followed a pretty terrible call the week before that got the Cowboys that far In the first place. 

3 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m pretty sure if you go back to the beginning of this thread, you’ll find posts about how the Pats were crumbling.  If you check last years around the same time period you will probably see the same.  Yet, they never crumble.  It never ends.

It will end, as soon as Brady is done.  He's not done yet.

Until the Pats are knocked off, you just assume they are the AFC Champs.  This year Kansas City and San Diego will probably get that chance in the playoffs.  Maybe, Pittsburgh again?  The Superbowl champion is coming from the NFC though.

This is why it sucks that the Redskins save their worst performances for prime time games.  You'd think the Cowboys were some kind of contender the way the announcers are covering them.  Looking good on primetime, regardless of how good the team is and/or caliber of opponent always seems to add all this fake value to a team's aesthetic.

Oh, Dak just Dak'd.   Amari Cooper sure is "transforming the offense" 

Archived