Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2019 Comprehensive Draft Thread

Going Commando

4 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I would offer Trent to the Houston Texans for a second rounder.

No way in the world would I do that trade.  Give up an All-Pro player for a 2nd rounder that will produce an average player at best.

Trent will retire a Redskin and when he starts to go down hill I hope we move him to guard.  I hope Trent will end up 

4 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

I agree that Allen won't make this move, nor would he trade Norman or kerrigan or Reed.  It's been discussed how Allen and jay have sold Dan on the point that the Redskins aren't that far away, that they haven't made the playoffs only due to poor injury luck.  They won't say that then turn around and start trading off players that can help us win now for draft picks, even though these are the moves that would be best for us long-term.  

As far as Norman, I would trade him in a heartbeat.  Norman has lost a step and if we could get a third for him I would expect they would make that deal.  Reed is just too talented to deal even though he's just not very reliable; he gets separation, he's great after the catch, he's great after the catch and he's outstanding with the jump ball. 

Kerrigan is the decision that would be hard to make but makes football sense.  Kerrigan is a true Redskin similar to Trent Williams.  Only difference is Trent will play at a high level until he's 36.  Kerrigan probably has 2 years of very productive football left before he falls off the cliff.

Another thing I learned about New England's approach is they like the transition positions: TE, LB, full back.  They truly value versatility because they like to be able to change their approach every week and they use their TEs and LBers and their FB to do it.  It's pretty cool how seamless they are about changing play styles/philosophy based on opponents.  It's cool how they're able to make adjustments day of, and during the game itself.  A lot of that comes from having such a great quarterback, but a lot of i also comes from having tight ends and linebackers who can handle so much.

I think the performance of their defense is the most impressive bit of scheme/coaching work they pulled off this season.  They have a crap defensive line full of bargain bin players that they rotate intensively--giving guys who were inactive the week before heavy use if they're a little better suited to the match up.  They were awful against the run.  They weren't much better against the pass on a yards per attempt basis, and they were actually one spot behind us on yards per play.

And yet they had the fourth best defense as judged by the percentage that opponent's drives ended in scores.  They were in Baltimore's, Chicago's, Houston's, and Jacksonville's neighborhood in this one regard.  And they managed to do it with significantly less talent and investment than them.  You can put it entirely down to the fact that they don't get penalized often and almost never give up first downs from penalties, and they turn the ball over a lot.  They played extremely effective bend don't break defense and won situational football.

The only player in their front seven that they spend significant money on is Dont'a Hightower.  All of the rest of their front seven guys were in a 2-4 million dollar range.  Hightower was a second round pick who has been a key cog on three championship teams.  He can play inside and outside, and is probably their second best defensive player.  Malcolm Brown was a first round pick whom they probably wish had panned out better.  Other than that, I'm not seeing a ton of investment in the front.  Van Noy was a former second round pick, but they got him from Detroit for nothing, and did so while he was still young.  Trey Flowers was a fourth round pick, and he's kind of their version of Ioannidis.

It feels a little like their defense is a house of cards.  They lose their match ups but win the situation.  Tough to expect the turnover train to keep rolling since these are often lucky bounce scenarios.  But their high ranking in scoring D is a testament to the talent of their coaching, if not their players.

13 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

2 - It's relatively easy to scheme in a six man protection that gives your LT help against a wide aligned speed rusher if you have a good tight end.  All you have to do is have the TE throw a chip on his way out to the flat and it buys your LT time to get into his pass set even when he's a lumberer. 

The Patriots use Gronk's blocking ability to protect Trent Brown, who can win after getting into his set with his length and power.

They also use a proper FB quite a lot as well, as opposed to a temporarily converted LB in on short situations. I would love it if we picked up a big, blocking TE (is Sprinkle getting it done?) and a real FB.

<Edit> I've just seen your last post where you mention the FB position as well. I think that there really could be a resurgence in the position. 

11 hours ago, MartinC said:

Hopefully I can get a date with Katy Perry. But here we are.

When she wakes up, I'll let her know that you're interested.

36 minutes ago, London Kev said:

They also use a proper FB quite a lot as well, as opposed to a temporarily converted LB in on short situations. I would love it if we picked up a big, blocking TE (is Sprinkle getting it done?) and a real FB.

I am curious about Matt Flanagan. Cooley was high on him. And he was heralded as a blocking TE. I wonder if he is in the plans moving forward. I would be shocked if Vernon Davis is back. And Jordan Reed is more of a slot receiver than a TE. I think that is a position they need to take a long hard look at and decide which direction they want to head. I've joined those that wouldn't mind seeing us draft Hockenson 15th. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think the performance of their defense is the most impressive bit of scheme/coaching work they pulled off this season.  They have a crap defensive line full of bargain bin players 

And yet of their last 6 1st round picks, they've spent 3 on DL. Only one of those is even on the team now. It is hard impossible to look at the Patriots and try to emulate what they do. 

Just looked at McShay's mock today, only care about mocks because some say they based it on buzz they are hearing.

Rashan Gary #3.  I am seeing him lately in the top 10 a lot in mocks.  There was a phase were he was in the late first in a bunch.

Jeffrey Simmons:  #7.  That's another dude like Gary whose been up and down in the first in mocks, lately he's been top 15

Jawaan Taylor:  #9,  that's a dude who seems to be rising in mocks of late.

I notice him and Kiper like D. Baker more than most

Cody Ford #11, he's been top 15 in give or take half of the mocks I see.

K. Murray goes to the Dolphins at #13.

E. Oliver falls all the way to 14.

We take M. Brown.

C. Ferrell is at 16.  Ferrell is typically top 10 in mocks I've seen but some do have him drop to slightly past our pick

TJ Hockenson at 19.  Hockenson is probably my favorite pick for 15 right now unless K. Murray falls there.  He mostly makes it to 15 in mocks but on occasion he goes before that.

PFF just did one

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-bosa-goes-first-renners-second-2019-mock

9. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (VIA BUFFALO) – KYLER MURRAY, QB, OKLAHOMA

With Alex Smith out in 2019 and his career at this point in jeopardy, the future of the Redskins quarterback position has to be addressed. It’s time to think about a rebuild in Washington.

9 hours ago, Poindexter said:

As far as Norman, I would trade him in a heartbeat.  Norman has lost a step and if we could get a third for him I would expect they would make that deal.  Reed is just too talented to deal even though he's just not very reliable; he gets separation, he's great after the catch, he's great after the catch and he's outstanding with the jump ball.

Norman is not going to get you anything more than a 6th. His salary, age, and recent performance is not a tradeable commodity.

Regarding FB - we also have Wellman and Holtz.  

I think Hockenson makes a lot of sense at 15, I’m just not sure the FO is that forward looking.  Of course, you could argue this is an immediate need (ie not ‘forward looking’) given the situation with Reed/Davis, but I could also see them thinking those two can carry through another year.  I also imagine they look at LG and a replacement for Preston Smith (along with a qb) as their priorities.  Wouldn’t be surprised if those are their first 3 picks, followed by a wr with their 3rd round comp pick.  They just seem so... linear in their thinking.  Perhaps my thinking is colored by last year - trading for Smith, signing Richardson, Payne, Guice, Christian, Apke.  Like they had their boxes to check off - QB, NT, WR, RB, backups at S/T...

20 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think Hockenson makes a lot of sense at 15, I’m just not sure the FO is that forward looking.  Of course, you could argue this is an immediate need (ie not ‘forward looking’) given the situation with Reed/Davis.

This only really makes sense if we are either steadfast on Stidham/Finley type in the 3rd or are 100% in on Colt-JJ 2019. One I think is likely, the other is not.

But you save $5 million in cap space by cutting Vernon Davis. Take that $5 million and take another $5 million in your cap space and sign a stud impact defender, and I think you can open yourself up to Hockenson in the 1st to replace Davis.

Also, Hockenson does appear to be getting a lot of buzz as a "next Gronk" type TE, which are dominant and awesome to have ... but that being said, TE is a position that you can routinely find quality starters in the 2nd-4th rounds. Cooley and Reed were both 3rds. And I believe George Kittle was a 4th. While it seems like this year's crop of TEs is superior to past years at the top, I don't think you have to draft Hockenson Smith or Fant in the 1st round to get an impact player.

29 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I think Hockenson makes a lot of sense at 15, I’m just not sure the FO is that forward looking.  Of course, you could argue this is an immediate need (ie not ‘forward looking’) given the situation with Reed/Davis, but I could also see them thinking those two can carry through another year.  I also imagine they look at LG and a replacement for Preston Smith (along with a qb) as their priorities.  Wouldn’t be surprised if those are their first 3 picks, followed by a wr with their 3rd round comp pick.  They just seem so... linear in their thinking.  Perhaps my thinking is colored by last year - trading for Smith, signing Richardson, Payne, Guice, Christian, Apke.  Like they had their boxes to check off - QB, NT, WR, RB, backups at S/T...

Yeah they seem to give lip service to BPA but Doug (who unlike Bruce, doesn't seem to do subterfuge) showed his cards some in the last draft.  He flat out said they are going DT and RB early.  If I recall RB in particular he was very specific saying in one interview its likely in the first two rounds.

Some of that I'll give is the draft was stacked at RB so you can presume it goes down that way -- but some of it comes off that need heavily weighs on their minds in the draft.  So I can see QB, WR, LG. Edge might be higher on their list than TE. 

The thing about pass rushers is that they cost a fortune in FA so there is a an extra value to finding one in the draft.  And I like some of them especially Polite.  But I've really fallen hard for Hockenson.  I can't think of this team in my lifetime having a TE who is both potentially a very good to elite blocker AND a force in the passing game, too.  It's like having a jacked up Chris Cooley and a jacked up Don Warren all in one player.  

Jay admitted in an interview that he liked OJ Howard a lot and he was in consideration.  So a TE who can do it all might be on their radar.  Hockenson isn't the athlete that Howard is but he might be a better YAC guy and a better blocker. 

4 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Rashan Gary #3.  I am seeing him lately in the top 10 a lot in mocks.  There was a phase were he was in the late first in a bunch.

I think he's one of the most overvalued players in the class.  I'm surprised by the lack of self-reflection that goes on in the recruit ranking and draftnik world.  This is Nkemdiche 2.0.

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

This only really makes sense if we are either steadfast on Stidham/Finley type in the 3rd or are 100% in on Colt-JJ 2019. One I think is likely, the other is not.

But you save $5 million in cap space by cutting Vernon Davis. Take that $5 million and take another $5 million in your cap space and sign a stud impact defender, and I think you can open yourself up to Hockenson in the 1st to replace Davis.

Also, Hockenson does appear to be getting a lot of buzz as a "next Gronk" type TE, which are dominant and awesome to have ... but that being said, TE is a position that you can routinely find quality starters in the 2nd-4th rounds. Cooley and Reed were both 3rds. And I believe George Kittle was a 4th. While it seems like this year's crop of TEs is superior to past years at the top, I don't think you have to draft Hockenson Smith or Fant in the 1st round to get an impact player.

I think though for this team specifically Hockenson is the perfect storm.  Jay is big on inside-duo runs which usually demand that the TE blocks the DE.  As Cooley likes to say he's amazed how many times that's what foils their duo runs is that the TE can't hold their end of the bargain and the edge players crash in on the run. 

Also while on the aggregate I like Jay as a play caller, I charted his plays in a thread months back showing that he more than most telegraphs his plays via his formations and lineups.  Part of Kyle and Sean McVay's drill as play callers is its hard to hone in as to plays being runs or passes based on formation or personnel.  

The Redskins when you bring in Reed and take out Jeremy Sprinkle or vice versa or bring in 12 personnel -- with this group its not that hard to hone in on if they are passing or running.   Hockenson would bring some needed confusion on that front -- versus this team's TE tipping off way too often if a pass or run is coming. 

It's a deep draft for TE.  But Hockenson is arguably unique in that mix.  Typically, you hear about how nice it is to have TEs who can block, too -- because its becoming more unique.   Noah Fant arguably is that kind of player.  He can catch and is a decent albeit not a great blocker.   Hockenson is unique, he's potentially elite as a blocker and can catch.  

http://www.espn.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/38124/breaking-down-the-redskins-qb-options-as-alex-smith-recovers

They’d enhance the run game. If they’re not going to take a quarterback in the first round, then they’d better invest a bit more to enhance the run game. That means finding a solid left guard. They can’t pay a lot for one anyway, not with big deals already at both tackle spots -- and with right guard Brandon Scherff engaged in talks about an extension.

It also means adding a consistent blocker at tight end...

on another note

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

on another note

I think this is an indication that he hasn't gotten a first round promise from a team yet.

I wish he wouldn't go though, because I think it'll cause him to move out of our range.  He's going to kill it throwing the ball around in shorts, showing off the arm.  And if he runs the 40, he's going to burn it up.

If I were the GM of the Redskins, I would find a way to get word to his people that I'll pick him if he's there at 15 and he doesn't need to go to the combine.  Or just go and do the medical stuff and the interviews.  Wish he'd hire an agent.

from the perspective of the NY Giants reporter

Ralph Vacchiano | Facebook | Twitter | Archive

The Giants appear to be poised to take a quarterback early in this year's NFL draft, now that they're finally getting serious about finding Eli Manning's successor. Taking one with the sixth overall pick is definitely in play. They could draft one early in the second round, too.

Here's a look at some of their possible choices:

Dwayne Haskins, Ohio State

Pros: He had a monster season for the Buckeyes (70 percent completion rate, 4,831 yards, 50 touchdowns, only eight interceptions). He's got good size (6-foot-3, 220 pounds) and a big arm. Rated by many to be the top quarterback in this draft.

Cons: He was only a one-year starter, and despite the gaudy stats, was inconsistent at times. Historically, quarterbacks from Urban Meyer's offensive system struggle in the NFL.

Early projection: Possible Top 10 pick

Drew Lock, Missouri

Pros: He's been compared to Patrick Mahomes for his athletic ability, strong arm, and ability to make every throw. Good size (6-foot-3, 226 pounds) and accuracy. Also known for his quiet leadership - somewhat like Manning, according to one scout.

Cons: He's been compared to Jay Cutler for having a big arm, but making some questionable decisions. He's had some trouble with forcing throws into coverage.

Early projection: Possible Top 10 pick.

Daniel Jones, Duke

Pros: He's a big (6-foot-5, 220 pounds), lanky guy and strong pocket passer with a decent ability to run. He's smart and well-prepared for the NFL thanks to Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe, who also coached both the Manning brothers. He ended his career with a huge game in the Independence Bowl, and then was the MVP of the Senior Bowl.

Cons: He did not have great numbers at Duke. His sophomore season (2017) was especially shaky. He's had fumble and injury issues that can be concerning. Giants also have a history with big Duke quarterbacks (Dave Brown) that their fans would like to forget.

Early projection: Likely first-rounder, possibly in the top half.

Kyler Murray, Oklahoma

Pros: A tremendous athlete with a strong arm who can really throw on the run. He was brilliant during his Heisman Trophy-winning season, completing 69 percent of his passes for 4,361 yards with 42 touchdowns and only seven interceptions. He also ran for over 1,000 yards and 12 touchdowns, making him the dual-threat quarterback everyone seems to want.

Cons: He's listed at 5-foot-10, 195 pounds, and some think he's really around 5-foot-8. He's not the prototypical pocket passer, which means some teams will have to change their entire offense to fit his style. Also, he's got a first-round contract waiting for him in baseball. Will he fully commit to football? Will he promise to do that before the draft?

Early projection: A bit of a wild-card. Could go in the first-round. Some think he'll slip to the second.

Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Kyler Murray looks on prior to the 2018 Orange Bowl at Hard Rock Stadium. (Jasen Vinlove/USA TODAY Sports)

Will Grier, West Virginia

Pros: He had a good season for the Mountaineers and has a good, accurate arm. His size is right (6-foot-2, 221 pounds), gets rid of the ball quickly, and generally makes good decisions.

Cons: His arm is average, at best. He also did not have a good performance at all during Senior Bowl week. And he has some baggage. His college career started at Florida, but he was suspended there for testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug (he claimed it was an over-the-counter supplement). One scout labelled him "high maintenance."

Early projection: A Day 2 pick. How high will depend on his combine and Pro Day performances.

Ryan Finley, NC State

Pros: A very accurate passer throughout his career, Finley makes smart, quick decisions and has good touch. Has enough mobility to avoid a pass rush. Good size (6-foot-4, 208 pounds ).

Cons: More solid than spectacular - not a dazzling play-maker. Not a dual-threat quarterback at all. Would rather stay in the pocket. His arm strength is OK, not great.

Early projection: More of a third-round pick. If he sneaks into the second round, it won't be at the top.

Jarett Stidham, Auburn

Pros: He's got an accurate arm and he put up big numbers for Baylor in 2015 as well as his first season at Auburn in 2017. Many think he's the smartest quarterback in the draft. He's considered a very good leader and incredibly tough player. Makes generally good decisions to protect the football.

Cons: An underwhelming season for the Tigers dropped his numbers from the year before and his stock took a hit, too. Doesn't have a particularly strong arm. His performance at the Senior Bowl was as underwhelming as his season.

Early projection: Late Day 2, unless some GM falls in love with his potential and takes him in the second round.

Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

Pros: He's a tough quarterback who started 53 straight games. At 6-foot-4, 227 pounds, he's big enough and he's got the ability to run, though the stats didn't really show it. He's generally accurate. He also performed despite some terrible surrounding casts.

Cons: He's one year removed from a torn ACL, and he missed the Senior Bowl due to a high ankle sprain. He is streaky and has had some very disappointing games in big spots.

Early projection: Probably a third-rounder due in part to the recent injuries, but a good combine and Pro Day could vault him up.

https://www.sny.tv/giants/news/weighing-pros-and-cons-of-potential-giants-qb-targets-in-nfl-draft/303611030

TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa

This crop of tight ends is outstanding, but the one at the top is special. Every NFL team wants to have a quality tight end but very few of them are actual difference makers. Hockenson has the upside to become a game changer.

What’s unique about Hockenson is that he offers all the qualities of a classic, throwback tight end combined with the traits needed to excel as a modern day flex weapon. A team can line Hockenson up in-line and ask him to block and win as a receiver, and Hockenson offers top traits. He can be used in the slot and asked to stretch the field and Hockenson has the ability to be dynamic. He’s a three-level receiving option that can line up anywhere in the formation while also providing dominant blocking ability.

I believe Hockenson can be a star in the NFL along the lines of what Kansas City has in Travis Kelce and the 49ers feature in George Kittle.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/2019/02/07/6-pack-thursday-lets-talk-nfl-draft-prospects-6-0/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001017284/article/ask-5-which-draft-prospect-will-generate-most-buzz-at-combine

Ask 5: Which draft prospect will generate most buzz at combine?

Print
  • 2012_Jeremiah-65x90.jpg
  • By Daniel Jeremiah
  • NFL Media analyst

Executive 1: Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray

"Murray will be the big story. Will he or won't he play football? How does he interview with teams? (His) Super Bowlmedia interviews were a mess. Overall, I think the QB field is wide open. Will one of them separate from the pack? That's what I'll be following."

Executive 2: LSU LB Devin White

"I would say (Mississippi State DE) Montez Sweat, but he already generated enough buzz when he walked across the stage at the Senior Bowl. I'll go with Devin White. I've been told he's consistently running (the 40-yard dash) in the 4.4s and that will create some attention. Also, I wouldn't sleep on (Iowa TE T.J.) Hockenson. He's more athletic than people think."

Executive 3: Murray

"It's a QB league and Murray is an outside the box prospect. Teams are anxious to get to know him. The Dan Patrick interview (last week) confused me. Teams want to find out where he is with baseball. Those conversations will generate a lot of buzz. Also, if he runs and tests, it'll be quite the show. He can fly!"

Executive 4: Murray

"It's got to be Murray. We've all been told what he'll measure and run but I want to see it for myself. Also, it will be interesting to see if he's still so wishy washy when asked about baseball."

Executive 5: Michigan DL Rashan Gary

"I'll take Rashan Gary. It feels like it's been a little quiet about him for how gifted he is. If he runs (the 40) in the high 4.5s at 280 pounds, that will change right away."

Summary: That's three votes for Kyler Murray and one apiece for Devin White and Rashan Gary.

Conclusion: It's not a surprise to see Murray's name pop up several times. There is an infatuation with him in the personnel community right now. White and Gary are both athletic freaks and it'll be fun to watch them run and jump during the workouts. I believe they'll both be selected very early in the first round.

I didn't even just spend much time on this.  Looking at some plays in the Eagles game and Dallas.  Clip #1, the play is blocked well except for Sprinkle on the edge, Johnson had to scramble to the right because he ended up chased out of the pocket.    Clip 2:  Lawrence handled Davis and grabbed Peterson for hardly any gain.  Clip #3 near the goal line, Vernon Davis flat out whiffs his block and Peterson gets stopping in his tracks.

Cooley who knows a thing or two about TE blocking has hit for years that its a mega problem with the running game.  And he's not blown away by Sprinkle on that front and thinks both Reed and Davis are below average blockers.  Heck we are lucky at times to have the TEs just hold their ground at the point of attack.  Imagine having a guy like Hockenson who can maul guys out of the way and get to and do it at the 2nd level?  Hockenson would likely line up to the right (which is the typical strong side) so he'd be coming at you along side Scherff.  That would be a fun watch. 

teblock.png

teblock2.png

teblock3.png

Trevon Wesco is not in the same class as Hock, but I think he is a darn good TE prospect. He has the size and rep to be an NFL blocker, and surprisingly may be a better receiver than WV used him for.  I'd be happy with him if he makes it to round 3.

Ignore the car saleman presenting the highlight show.

We're probably all in agreement, but the fastest way to improve the offense as a whole, is to get some TE's who can do everything.

Helps the run game with consistent blocking.  Helps the pass game by forcing teams into respecting the personnel.  Look at the Patriots when they go Gronk + a FB.  Defenses have to respect the run, so they use heavier personnel and bring a safety into the box.  From there Brady can motion the FB or Gronk out and immediately know what the defense is doing.

I don't think that happens with us as defenses aren't scared of Reed and Davis blocking against their Front 7.

Some of Adrian Peterson's biggest runs this season came when defenses got aggressive or desperate enough to make a big stop.  So they stacked the box, leaving one fewer defender in the second level.

Rumor has it we're re-signing AP.  Guice is a legit talent.  We have Trent and Scherff who are maulers.  It makes sense to improve the offense in a way that would have an equal impact to both run and pass.

My fear in going Hockenson at 15, is it probably means to get a true step-in sure-fire impact LG we need to go there in R2. Which is fine. But that does oidgeon hole you into WR-QB in the 3rd ... which also means Defense isn’t addressed until R5. 

Im somewhat okay with that approach. But only if we use FA to secure a safety and pass rusher! 

I did a mock off season yesterday that I really liked. I’ll have to try to emulate it today and post it here. It did include going Kyler Murray at 15 though. So no Hockenson, though I did address TE later. 

For those looking at TE ... this being such a deep draft there ... who are some guys who could do both that are intriguing as later round prospect? I know Moreau and Wesco have drawn some attention here because the team met with them at the senior bowl. But outside of the Hock/Fant/Smith tier who sticks out as a dual threat?

2nd-3rd round TE, if we go there.  Maybe Kaden Smith?  I love Irv Smith but not sure he's there in the 2nd.

8 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Second meeting with Lodge I believe, which sort of reaffirms my guess we’ll look at receiver in the 3rd.  

Keim talked about receiver in an article he wrote the other day.  Yeah it feels like last year when we heard a lot about RB and it came true.  I'd bet the same about receiver this time.  Bruce typically isn't a big player in FA -- making the draft more of a need quest.  And like I said yesterday Doug sort of spilled the beans on that front last year.

They haven't according to Keim even started any negotiations with Preston.   I recall hearing the same about Garcon and others the years around this same juncture when they bolted for other teams in FA.  My point is if Preston leaves, I'd guess its WR, OG, Pass Rush. 

Personally I am a BPA guy.

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Clip 2:  Lawrence handled Davis and grabbed Peterson for hardly any gain

Cooley who knows a thing or two about TE blocking has hit for years that its a mega problem with the running game.  And he's not blown away by Sprinkle on that front and thinks both Reed and Davis are below average blockers.  Heck we are lucky at times to have the TEs just hold their ground at the point of attack.  Imagine having a guy like Hockenson who can maul guys out of the way and get to and do it at the 2nd level?  Hockenson would likely line up to the right (which is the typical strong side) so he'd be coming at you along side Scherff.  That would be a fun watch. teblock2.png

Why in gods name are we running right behind a WR and 2 TEs (I THINK that' Sprinkle engaged with no. 55) and our entire offensive line is 8 yards left almost all outside the hashmarks?  What kind of play design is that?  

Archived