Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Shoot the puck. This is absurd.  

Yeah, I can't figure out why they won't shoot the puck. Obviously, they aren't going to score if they don't shoot. But the other thing is they aren't forcing Carolina to have to block shots. They are blocking the ones the Caps do take, but blocking shots takes a toll over a series. The Caps aren't forcing them to have to make those choices and block those shots. All around, it's just a terrible game through 2 periods. 

2 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

Yeah, I can't figure out why they won't shoot the puck. Obviously, they aren't going to score if they don't shoot. But the other thing is they aren't forcing Carolina to have to block shots. They are blocking the ones the Caps do take, but blocking shots takes a toll over a series. The Caps aren't forcing them to have to make those choices and block those shots. All around, it's just a terrible game through 2 periods. 

Even if the Canes goalie makes a save, you get offensive zone draws out of it if the goalie holds the puck. All they've gotten on goalie in the last 27 game minutes is a weak backhand. 

Question for any one: Did the Caps have a game like this last playoff run where they just got crushed?

Just now, PokerPacker said:

It's easy to say "just shoot the puck", but I haven't seen much in the way of opportunities to just throw it at the net.

A couple times getting across the blue line they are trying to weave instead of firing on goal or at the point. Not a lot which makes passing up the opportunities look even worse. 

3 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Question for any one: Did the Caps have a game like this last playoff run where they just got crushed?

Maybe one of the Tampa games? I think all the games vs "lesser" (CBJ) were nail biters until we lost. 

But to answer your question, hell no. We never looked that bad..

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Carolina's had one good period.  They got a fluky goal (that should've been called for holding the stick in front of the net) in the first period and some fortunate stops.

I hate to disagree, but they have dominated this game. 

3 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Carolina's had one good period.  They got a fluky goal (that should've been called for holding the stick in front of the net) in the first period and some fortunate stops.

There are homers and there are HOMERS. The Caps played 10 good minutes this game. The same first 10 minutes of the game in game 2. Carolina has a fluky goal or two but they are stomping the Caps this game and they have been playing well against the Caps this series. 

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I like the optimism and the glass half full outlook, but the Canes are dominating through 2 periods. 

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm not saying Carolina hasn't been better, but the first and second periods were completely different games.  They completely dominated the second period, but the first was a game.

The Caps had one shot on goal the last 10 minutes of the first period. 

Archived