Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 - 19 Stanley Cup Champion Washington Capitals Thread

I saw the Giants win like 49 - 21 (and that 21 was only because of Johnson) and that might be the only thing worse than this. This is just so inept offensively. Terrible effort. 

You can't have 2 shots on goal in 2 periods.

2 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I saw the Giants win like 49 - 21 (and that 21 was only because of Johnson) and that might be the only thing worse than this. This is just so inept offensively. Terrible effort. 

You can't have 2 shots on goal in 2 periods.

One bad game in a playoff series is nothing. Especially when the team is still up 2 games to one. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Canes came out hyped and desperate, while the Refs got a call from the NHL head office to make sure the Canes win, and it looks like the Caps know of both of these things and are just getting this out of their system.

Refs played no role in this game. Canes dominated 5 on 5. 

3 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Canes came out hyped and desperate, while the Refs got a call from the NHL head office to make sure the Canes win, and it looks like the Caps know of both of these things and are just getting this out of their system.

The refs were terrible tonight, but the Caps were worse. Carolina dominated and deserved to win.  The refs just made the loss much more painful to watch. 

• Like 1

This is why people talking about potential round 2 or CF teams are getting way ahead of themselves. Carolina finished the season 31-12 or so after a bad start to the season. They could easily be up in this series. Caps need to bring it or this series is going at least 6 if not 7. 

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

Worse playoff performance I can remember..  Oh well, game 3 coming up! 

I remember a 10-4 spanking in New Jersey back in 87-88. Long time Caps fans can remember lots of games like tonight. Well, maybe not exactly tonight, but games where they they thought they would win and were completely dominated. It happens. If they can rebound and win in game 4, they will be heading back home with a chance to clinch. 

Edited by Redskin4ever
2 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I remember a 10-4 spanking in New Jersey back in 87-88. Long time Caps fans can remember lots of games like tonight. Well, maybe not exactly tonight, but games where they they thought they would win and were completely dominated. It happens. If they can rebound and win in game 4, they will be heading back home with a chance to sweep. 

I was thinking about a couple of elimination games in which the Caps got thrashed. 

2 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I remember a 10-4 spanking in New Jersey back in 87-88. Long time Caps fans can remember lots of games like tonight. Well, maybe not exactly tonight, but games where they they thought they would win and were completely dominated. It happens. If they can rebound and win in game 4, they will be heading back home with a chance to sweep. 

:unsure:

• Haha 1

Here's the thing, we were losing this game, and got outplayed badly, but usually you see a surge late, some sort of fire.  Come out strong at the top of the 3rd when down 3-0 and if you get a goal or two suddenly the last 10 minutes are a whole different hockey game.

Caps just seemed flat throughout.

So I wonder if they just phoned it in after being down 3-0 and seeing the 3rd or 4th botched call by the refs and said 

The alternative is they phoned it in just to phone it in, and that's not a good thing at all.