Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is this the most talented yet misused defensive front we've had in years?

Vanguard

7 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Wagner has been only slightly less healthy than prime London Fletcher. I’m the last 4 years he’s started 15, 16, 16 and 15 games. If we signed him to a long term contract that is essentially a 3 year deal, we’d have a chance to get out of the contract just as we were needing to resign our DL and Haskins. I would expect Wagner to still be super productive at age 30, 31, and 32, and if anything, he should be playing behind a better DL in washington than he did in Seattle. Who ever expected we could say something like that?

Wagner

giphy.gif

Jhc is an interesting guy, not many start at DE & move to S.

2 hours ago, volsmet said:

Wagner

Just for fun, try to imagine signing Wagner, drafting Grant Delpit, and then Reuben Foster returning healthy ala Jaylon Smith. We'd ideally still really need a CB1, but we have so much DL talent at this point that there are a multiple scenarios that you can imagine making this one of the top defenses of this century. 

44 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Just for fun, try to imagine signing Wagner, drafting Grant Delpit, and then Reuben Foster returning healthy ala Jaylon Smith. We'd ideally still really need a CB1, but we have so much DL talent at this point that there are a multiple scenarios that you can imagine making this one of the top defenses of this century. 

If we had Wagner, Delpit & Foster in the middle every team would need a bye week after playing the Skins.... they’d probably have a legitimate legal case against the league if they tried  to force those teams back onto the field before they could recover fully.

8 hours ago, volsmet said:

If we had Wagner, Delpit & Foster in the middle every team would need a bye week after playing the Skins.... they’d probably have a legitimate legal case against the league if they tried  to force those teams back onto the field before they could recover fully.

And Collins, he's a thumper too.

21 hours ago, volsmet said:

A man can dream... I'd rather have Chase Young than Delpit though. 

12 hours ago, volsmet said:

When Jonathan Allen calls someone an “alpha”, it certainly carries weight. 

Jonathan Allen is our most influential pick in recent history. I love having him as the alpha on our defense. 

In any case, back to this front 7, I'm not actually sure they are going to be very good. Our LB core is terrible without Foster. Or, at best, terribly average. Something has to be done there. I don't know if their are 10 teams in the league with a worse ILB situation. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

A man can dream... I'd rather have Chase Young than Delpit though. 

Jonathan Allen is our most influential pick in recent history. I love having him as the alpha on our defense. 

In any case, back to this front 7, I'm not actually sure they are going to be very good. Our LB core is terrible without Foster. Or, at best, terribly average. Something has to be done there. I don't know if their are 10 teams in the league with a worse ILB situation. 

You think Bostic is that bad?  Mason is a vet.  And there is talent on the line to back them up.  Plus, who knows how good Sweat will be.

Those Payne highlights are beast. Payne is super strong, but is at his best penetrating. I hope we can figure out a way to make that happen more. 

On 5/1/2019 at 10:22 AM, Anselmheifer said:

It looks like Darron Lee could be cut or available via trade. Drafted in the first round of 2016. He was 6'1" and 232 pounds and ran a 4.47 with a vertical and a 133" long jump. Is a solid coverage linebacker. Would look good in our nickel package. I'd make a phone call and see if we could get him for a mid round pick. Darron Lee for a 5th would be a steal. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79796/darron-lee-a-goner-jets-should-think-twice-before-trading-2016-first-rounder

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322

I wish we had grabbed Lee for a 6th and held onto Brown. Our ILB depth was never that good. Brown was decent in his first year. Now we have no speed at that spot and Brown is on the Eagles. 

Also, I noticed that Swearinger is going to be a FA in 2020. And, our FS situation still doesn't look good. Just sayin...

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Also, I noticed that Swearinger is going to be a FA in 2020. And, our FS situation still doesn't look good. Just sayin...

We would enjoy 14 games of Swearinger before he accuses Dan Snyder of being a facist slave owner with microscopic genitalia and gets his contract thrown in an incinerator.

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Those Payne highlights are beast. Payne is super strong, but is at his best penetrating. I hope we can figure out a way to make that happen more. 

I wish we had grabbed Lee for a 6th and held onto Brown. Our ILB depth was never that good. Brown was decent in his first year. Now we have no speed at that spot and Brown is on the Eagles. 

This post deteriorated quickly.  :ols:

I remember wanting to draft Lee. 

Swearinger is a decent SS but his mouth ruins everything. Terrible FS.

11 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

ZDKZ8hiISoEy4.gif

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

^

Check out Quinton Dunbar in the background on the right of the screen at 7:32.

Doin agility drills, his footwork looks amazing.

Love me some Dunbar

Archived