Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

26 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

What do you do with the poor and uneducated? there's just too many of us...

I know you didn't mean it this way but it kinda reads like your calling yourself... :-)

Anyway. You're right that neither party holds exclusive rights on stupid people. The problem is that one party is actively promoting ignorance right now. You can't even start to fix it because ignoring facts and keeping people from recognizing what is real and what is fake is a goal of the GOP. It has to be because their message of "Vote for us so we can help make the really really rich people who give us money a little more rich" doesn't exactly resonate.

26 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

Or maybe we can do the yearly Purge

This is what I've been saying. A healthy dose of eugencis and purging... purging and eugenics... I don't see the harm in trying it.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

15 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I know you didn't mean it this way but it kinda reads like your calling yourself... :-)

Anyway. You're right that neither party holds exclusive rights on stupid people. The problem is that one party is actively promoting ignorance right now. You can't even start to fix it because ignoring facts and keeping people from recognizing what is real and what is fake is a goal of the GOP. It has to be because their message of "Vote for us so we can help make the really really rich people who give us money a little more rich" doesn't exactly resonate.

This is what I've been saying. A healthy dose of eugencis and purging... purging and eugenics... I don't see the harm in trying it.

well im not rich and im not a doctor....just a working guy wishing everyone could chill out. Its America  **** yeah

before ya start in on me I haven't had a president in my lifetime that I didn't appreciate. I do think the republican voters ****ed up on the "anti-politician" thing with Trump. Its seemed like a good plan, but hes not presidential

Edited by Gibbit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nobody should chill out. What’s taking place should not be normalized.

I don't think it will. Its Richard Pryor being elected after running a "none of the above" campaign.

Voters hearts were in the right place (I think) but theres a reason you elect politicians and its showing itself to the majority

Edited by Gibbit
  • Haha 1

The majority of people in this country on both sides are good people. Honestly I have no idea how any of my friends or their spouses vote....never asked them, don't care

Weird times will pass for some weirder ones...always seems the case, but its always the good old days in the rear view

HTTR (ten beers in at this point...seems like the right thing to end on)

Edited by Gibbit

6 hours ago, LD0506 said:

And that begs the question that no one wants to answer, or even consider- what do you do with them? You'll never "fix" them, rehabilitate them, teach them, reach them, and we're seeing each and every day that America herself cannot just suffer them, they are a spreading and increasingly toxic infection.

There is nothing to this arrogant "they're too stupid" nonsense that's new.  It's the way political extremes have been describing each other for a very long time.  It's the way governments have described people they've systematically harmed.  The idea that those who see things differently than us, are lesser than us and a danger to us isn't an argument that moves us forward.  Just look at how quickly it took you to "they are a spreading and increasingly toxic infection."

What does one do to spreading infections anyway? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I think conflict is inevitable at this point. When that point comes, those people become traitors and must be treated as such. That was the mistake after the Civil War that only General Sherman seemed to understand. They should be shown no mercy.

You starting your own militia? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gibbit said:

The majority of people in this country on both sides are good people

Were. The majority of people on both sides were good people. 

I dont know where where the line gets drawn to separate the good from the bad on both sides, I just know there’s a heck of a lot more bad that I ever though until the last few years. 

I suppose I was just naive 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Won’t need too

There aren’t that many of them. Our military will squash any potential conflict.

I just don’t want those people shown sympathy when they face charges of treason.

Just to be clear, you are cool with our military operating on US soil against US citizens?  Also, you are confident they will all be on the side you want?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Just to be clear, you are cool with our military operating on US soil against US citizens?  Also, you are confident they will all be on the side you want?

A) doesn’t that already happen?

2) if these people are willing to perform an act of treason and harm innocents because they believe in the Donald Trump platform that is deemed treasonous then I would hope our military would try and protect this country. That’s what we have been told they are doing  overseas.

6 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

A) doesn’t that already happen?

2) if these people are willing to perform an act of treason and harm innocents because they believe in the Donald Trump platform that is deemed treasonous then I would hope our military would try and protect this country. That’s what we have been told they are doing  overseas.

A)  not sure what you are referring to.

2) are "these people" the military or militia? I'm confused.

+) why did we go from alphabet to numerical?

?)  the military usually follows the commander in chief.  But this is a situation the country hasn't faced in recent times.

5 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can you clear up who those are?  Pretty sure national guard which is different.  But want to be sure.

ohio national guard at kent state 1970

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Can you clear up who those are?  Pretty sure national guard which is different.  But want to be sure.

Yeah ... it was National Guard at Kent State and not US Army.

But to most people they'd fall under the definition of 'our military'?

9 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Then most people would be wrong.

Two of my employees have spouses in the National Guard who have been deployed to Afghanistan for over 400 days. I'll be sure to tell them that they are not part or "our military" if they return safely. ?

• Like 2