Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2018 Schedule (Leaks)

FunBunch7

10 minutes ago, FunBunch7 said:

I'm hoping for the easiest possible opener... home vs Colts?

I'm hoping our first two games are against the Eagles and Texans so that we can face both teams when their QBs are still trying to get their legs under them again after the ACL injuries.

My guess: 

9-9: Panthers 1pm 

9-16: at Jaguars 1pm

9-20: Giants 8:30pm 

9-30: Colts 1pm 

10-7: at Eagles 1pm

10-14: at Cowboys 8:30pm 

10-21: Packers 1pm

10-29: Falcons 8:30pm

11-4: at Titans 1pm 

BYE

11-18: at Bucs 1pm

11-26: Eagles 8:30pm

12-2: at Saints 1pm 

12-9: Cowboys 4:25

12-16: at Cardinals 4:25

12-23: Texans 1pm

12-30: at Giants 1pm

2 hours ago, FunBunch7 said:

I'm hoping for the easiest possible opener... home vs Colts?

No no no..you don't want that.. definitely a divisional game..vs cowboys...at there place..or better yet against the SB champs..in there house..but not prime time..the 11 am(for me) game..outside of the home opener against Dallas in 09/10 on prime time we all know how our prime time games pan out..

Ed, please not two home MNF games. Our record at home is poor on TNF and SNF is bad but is probably more in line in what the team's overall record has been the past 20 years. Our home record on MNF at FedEx is other-worldly suck.  Haven't we only won only two MNF games there, and our losses are on average like over 10 points per game?

You thinking about hitting any road games this season?  There's really nothing extra appealing to me on the road this season (have already been to Philly multiple times and NY once) except Jerryworld. An October matchup in Dallas would be ideal in that the game would still be guaranteed to mean something. As Cooleyfan said, I doubt we get a third straight appearance on Thanksgiving.

Regardless, tomorrow night when it does come out, two sentiments, as always will prevail:

1) How did we get such a difficult schedule after going 7-9? How did the Cowboys get the Lions and we have to play the Packers (hey, Aaron Rodgers got hurt......sometimes thems the breaks)

2) I can't believe the league has boned the Redskins with the schedule for the 86th straight year with either (a) having to play 3 out of 4 games on the road in a crucial stretch; (b) giving us a short week in a crucial period; or (c) our bye week is too early or late 

As a guy who does the away thing yearly, this season looks incredible. Tampa, Nashville, New Orleans, and Phoenix...all of those look like an enjoyable trip, especially in Nov. or Dec. when it's getting cold. 

Been to Phoenix the past two away there. Great city/area, had a blast outside of the game. Tons of Skins fans there also.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Ed, please not two home MNF games. Our record at home is poor on TNF and SNF is bad but is probably more in line in what the team's overall record has been the past 20 years. Our home record on MNF at FedEx is other-worldly suck.  Haven't we only won only two MNF games there, and our losses are on average like over 10 points per game?

You thinking about hitting any road games this season?  There's really nothing extra appealing to me on the road this season (have already been to Philly multiple times and NY once) except Jerryworld. An October matchup in Dallas would be ideal in that the game would still be guaranteed to mean something. As Cooleyfan said, I doubt we get a third straight appearance on Thanksgiving.

Regardless, tomorrow night when it does come out, two sentiments, as always will prevail:

1) How did we get such a difficult schedule after going 7-9? How did the Cowboys get the Lions and we have to play the Packers (hey, Aaron Rodgers got hurt......sometimes thems the breaks)

2) I can't believe the league has boned the Redskins with the schedule for the 86th straight year with either (a) having to play 3 out of 4 games on the road in a crucial stretch; (b) giving us a short week in a crucial period; or (c) our bye week is too early or late 

I have my eye on several. I have a good friend in Nashville and we’ve had some talk of getting a bunch of our old friends back together whenever we play there. It also checks the box for me as somewhere I’ve never seen them and somewhere they won’t be again for at least 8 years. Jax is on my radar and I loved my trip to Arizona back in 2014. My goal is to always hit two games OTHER than at Dallas. That one is easy for me and I just figure out year to year if I want to do that. 

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

As a guy who does the away thing yearly, this season looks incredible. Tampa, Nashville, New Orleans, and Phoenix...all of those look like an enjoyable trip, especially in Nov. or Dec. when it's getting cold. 

Been to Phoenix the past two away there. Great city/area, had a blast outside of the game. Tons of Skins fans there also.

Yeah, those places do sound fun. NO sounds like a fun city (Ed seemed to have a great time last season) and I like Phoenix. Thing is, I'm not crazy about going to a game in a dome.  I know Jerryworld is pretty much a dome, but have heard so many good things about the place that I want to see it and take the tour.  It'll just depend on what time of the season its in.....with my luck, it'll be the last game of the season, where you don't know if it'll mean anything. But the Skins do play there every year, so its not like its necessarily a rush......but I haven't been yet and figure it might be the best option this season.

Looking ahead, I think we are scheduled to play at GB and Buffalo in 2019......both would probably be good environments to see games.  And of course LA and Vegas are debuting new stadiums in 2020.....but we might not play the Rams out there again until 2023 (unless we get an off-year game with them in the interim) and the Raiders might come to DC again in 2021, meaning we wouldn't go to Vegas until 2025. 

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Some guy posted on twitter the first week matchups, got no idea if he is credible. He had them playing for the first game, the Panthers at 1 pm at Fedex.

I think you can dismiss any “leaks” that you hear until tomorrow afternoon. Doesn’t sound like teams or media have even been given the schedule yet. NFL keeps a pretty tight wrap on it every year. Obviously at some point they have to send it out so teams can see it and media can report it. So there are always some legit leaks the afternoon of release. And yes, it is really weird that people start fake accounts and go out of their way to create fake NFL schedule leaks. 

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

@kleese they do tend to like us playing the Giants in week 3 and/or on Thursdays for some reason...

NFCE games are really “safe.” Especially if early in the season. The schedule-makers and networks have always favored our division. 

And a leak from NY Post is now suggesting Jets at Lions as the early MNF Game week 1 FYI. Not confirmed. 

11 minutes ago, kleese said:

And a leak from NY Post is now suggesting Jets at Lions as the early MNF Game week 1 FYI. Not confirmed. 

Yep, so thanksgiving game might not be correct if that’s the case 

2 minutes ago, kleese said:

First Redskins leak.... Oct 8th Monday Night at NOLA. 

Interesting. If true, at least 1 prime time game. 

Unconfirmed Falcons leak has us hosting them week 6, which if both leaks are true would be the Sunday after the MNF game at NOLA. Please note again, these are unconfirmed leaks from unconfirmed sources; but the MNF Saints leak did come from a fairly reputable source. 

Archived