Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Parenting Thread II - Advice, Tips, Etc

PleaseBlitz

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you google ‘awesome science projects” the results are bull****. I specifically used the term awesome, as in inspiring awe. I’m not looking for making a battery out of a potato or doing the avocado pit bull****. I’m talking about **** will get us cited by my HOA and hopefully the fire department. Something that will leave a permanent mark or possibly a crater in my yard. 

You can do it!!  We just need to hear from your mouth “just a second, hold my whiskey!!”  

• Haha 1

If you google ‘awesome science projects” the results are bull****. I specifically used the term awesome, as in inspiring awe. I’m not looking for making a battery out of a potato or doing the avocado pit bull****. I’m talking about **** will get us cited by my HOA and hopefully the fire department. Something that will leave a permanent mark or possibly a crater in my yard. 

Did you select one? 

2 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Cited by the HOA? Do an experiment what will kill your lawn the fastest: rock salt, table salt, sea salt .

Homemade fireworks made out of very large quantities of matches can be fun. Plus you get to work with a hot glue gun.

Or get some 30% hydrogen peroxide online and make a really dramatic explosive foam fountain.

Alcohol and fire are involved. 😁

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Or get some 30% hydrogen peroxide online and make a really dramatic explosive foam fountain.

Tell me more about the explosive part. 

8 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Cited by the HOA? Do an experiment what will kill your lawn the fastest: rock salt, table salt, sea salt .

The answer is fire. 

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

@Corcaigh

That’s what I’m talkin’ bout. Where can I find instructions?

The Steve Spangler website (he's in the video) has tons of great stuff. Here are variations on that experiment with different strengths of hydrogen peroxide.

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/elephants-toothpaste/

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/exploding-toothpaste-elephants-toothpaste/

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

The Steve Spangler website (he's in the video) has tons of great stuff. Here are variations on that experiment with different strengths of hydrogen peroxide.

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/elephants-toothpaste/

https://www.stevespanglerscience.com/lab/experiments/exploding-toothpaste-elephants-toothpaste/

@PleaseBlitz you may want to consult a lawyer or responsible parent which variations of the experiment the kid gets to do.

• Haha 1

@MrsPleaseBlitz ... I’m truly sorry for any physical harm or trouble with law enforcement that is in your future.

Fast forward 40 years when Pleaseblitz Junior is arrested as chief scientist of a massive meth lab operation ...

“so tell me, where did you develop your early interest in chemistry?”

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, dchogs said:

what could go wrong?  PB, please do this like most parents these days, and don't let your kid anywhere near the science fair project.  let him watch from next door.

I plan on quadrupling the recipe and adding some gunpowder and moonshine. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I plan on quadrupling the recipe and adding some gunpowder and moonshine. 

At times like this, I wish I was a homeowner's insurance agent.  

Could I interest you in our platinum policy?  Or will it be the "You're gonna do what?!?!?" policy?

• Haha 3

Definitely ordered a zip line off Amazon’s for prime day

it only comes with a 100’ cable but I’m gonna fix that with a significantly longer cable.

should this be a successful endeavor then we will be purchasing an adult/drinking sized version 

• Haha 3

On 10/15/2020 at 7:15 PM, tshile said:

How do you get all of the dumb **** your wife puts in your daughters hair out of your daughters hair without ripping her hair out?

at first it was funny now I legit feel bad for her 

If you do it with scissors you probably won’t ever have to do it again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3