Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game of Thrones Season 8

Voice_of_Reason

• 1 month later...

Game of Thrones won best drama, Peter Dinklage won best supporting actor, along with 7 other wine in the creative arts categories.

I do find it odd that this season was not exactly consistent, but won anyway.  It also wasn’t Dinklage’s best season, but he won. 

In in other news, Emilia has 3 dragons tattooed on her arm.  

They’re all good. Arya is probably the most badass but I hate the location. I like that they each got something significant to their character 

22 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Game of Thrones won best drama, Peter Dinklage won best supporting actor, along with 7 other wine in the creative arts categories.

I do find it odd that this season was not exactly consistent, but won anyway.  It also wasn’t Dinklage’s best season, but he won. 

In in other news, Emilia has 3 dragons tattooed on her arm.  

Yeah I was surprised it won best drama but people were down on Westworld and Handmaids Tale season 2, while great, is not an easy watch. GOT still had some really high marks in season 7 and the production value is thru the roof. 

Dinklage didn’t get a lot of good material this season. That win is a bigger surprise. 

——-

Unrelated but i had some season 8 stuff spoiled for me. Usually Reddit does a good job of hiding spoilers and marking those threads but man just kinda casually stumbled into that sub the other day and there are like 20 posts about “RIP to X” I couldn’t believe it 

about to crawl into a hole until April...

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

• 1 month later...

Double post due to stupid internet connection.

68B4AD14-131F-4B5F-A3BC-BA9650A1C5C8.jpeg.d6659dcdf96b6ea05209442dcbee3d5e.jpeg

Btw, this image has a better ... view .... of Sophie.  

I still think these two are headed in the True Hollywood Story direction...

Other GOT news: apparently Naomi Watts has been cast in a leading role in the GOT prequel.

And the Mountain got married

210383AC-C2C6-421A-9AB2-168851A5D653.jpeg.dfe677a3ac7d065f41f6edd3d23afdf1.jpegAFE6BC87-A56E-402B-9ABB-9CD35166EB2E.thumb.jpeg.da18a18322d2c3e6cded3fb43474c223.jpeg

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

My mistake then - on Imgur it was posted as Maisie.

I'm typically not much into the look, but Sophie looks much sexier in goth...damn.

Sophie would look sexy in a potato sack.

i agree, it’s not my thing, but damn she’s got it down.  I think part of it is that she’s really in character for the pics. 

I wonder if she and Joe stayed in character for after party “festivities...”

As an aside, They really casted the younger stark kids well.  Both Masie and Sophie have turned out to be pretty good actresses, which nobody could have known 10 years ago.  It was not as apparent then based on what we knew about the character arcs by the books which were released at the time, at least for Sansa (as she really was just a stupid girl doing stupid things for the first several seasons), but they REALLY had to nail those actor choices or else the entire Stark plot line could be really “meh”

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Which book is that, please? I need to put it on my list.

It's called Fire and Blood. It's a book chronicling the history of the Targaryens from Aegon and his conquest through the Mad King I believe. 

I'm hoping this was something GRRM had to get out in order to kick his writers block or get in a rhythm or align the pieces in his head, whatver it takes so he can finish the books. I would like to read the complete series some day. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The night is bright and full of wonders:kickcan:

Gonna be a long 4 months

I've been putting it off long enough but I already told the wife once we move into the new house this month, we are plowing through the series before season 8. She's never seen it.

I just watched episode 1 the other day for fun. Trying to prepare my pop-up videoesque comments to help clue her in so she doesn't go cross-eyed trying to keep up with all the names and locations and plots. I didn't do this for LOTR and I'm pretty sure the poor thing went comatose somewhere in the middle of The Two Towers. I remember something about "why does everybody have a longhair and a beard and look the same?"

Episode 1 is so good though. They lay so much groundwork for the characters and world. It's impressive. Can't wait for another binge. 

• Like 2