Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

The thing about this is that the whole thing could have been predicted from the start of the controversy.

Say nothing for a little while, send henchmen out onto Sunday morning political talk shows to differentiate the difference between admitting said issue and rumors, send Kellyanne to do a cable news network (typically CNN) later that week to say something bat **** crazy, let the crazy talk digest for a day or two while conferring with Kellyanne and Bannon, check some polling after the bat **** comments were said, verify "true conservatives" agree, and then have Trump regurgitate Kellyanne's talking point. This has been the playbook all along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I'm not sure you hold the entitled crown anymore.  The new guys have decided languages need to change to satisfy their political beliefs, and sadly not just there own damn language.  English makes no sense anyway so changing a few things might improve it overall, but I now have to deal with "latinx" because Americans decided my Spanish was sexist.  That's next level entitlement. 

hey which one of us is the grumpy old man here?  sheesh.  I'll get off your lawn, ok?

You really think that compares to the real issues we are talking about in this thread?  

34 minutes ago, Predicto said:

You really think that compares to the real issues we are talking about in this thread? 

That was about entitled attitudes and at least partially made as a joke.  The issues we are talking about in this thread, sexual harassment and assault, transcend generational boundaries.  Sexual assault and harassment is more a male problem, and a power problem, than an old person problem. 

16 hours ago, Dan T. said:

I am certain you believe so.

I didnt know there was a marginalization of hte Baby Boomer generation in America. My apologies. Please tell me more.

Gene-Wilder-Dead-Rip-Willy-Wonka.jpg

10 hours ago, visionary said:

if they elect this man to the senate, considering all that Trump is POTUS and the Republican Party are endorsing this and have the power in this country, it may be time for a lot of us to obtain VISAs and find somewhere else to live. This country is washed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Next you'll be telling me Dems were the party of the Klan.

Don't know what to tell you if you don't see time can change opinions.

Republicans were the party of Lincoln. (even tho many Republicans including Roy Moore believe the south were right during the Civil War.)

Edited by BenningRoadSkin

21 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If you are saying the Dems wish ;) the Clintons were ancient history ya might have a point.

54 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I doubt it's as much changing opinions as it is political opportunism. 

(For both parties) 

Brzezinski also went after New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, one of the elected Democrats who have abruptly decided -- years after the fact, and long after she needed to feel "honored" by his support -- that Bill Clinton's multiple accusers deserve to be believed: "One of the reasons why we, and I mean me and Kirsten Gillibrand, Democrats, lost is because Bill Clinton’s behavior was accepted. It was pushed under the rug and even women defended him...I know but he continues to flourish today and his wife ran for president even though these women who accused him were attacked in the media, were maligned or settled. That’s a different standard than we’re holding other people who were accused of the same behavior or less today. And this is why we have Trump. It’s all connected."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2017/11/21/msnbcs-mika-you-know-why-we-have-trump-bill-clinton-n2412048

Edited by grego

1 minute ago, twa said:

If you are saying the Dems wish ;) the Clintons were ancient history ya might have a point.

Cool story. Call me when they start voting for an exposed child molester or sexual abuser after all these revelations.

1 minute ago, grego said:

I doubt it's as much changing opinions as it is political opportunism. 

(For both parties) 

You're tripping if you think the current change is about politics. Kind of ignoring what is currently happening in society. Not everything is about politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Cool story. Call me when they start voting for an exposed child molester or sexual abuser after all these revelations.

You're tripping if you think the current change is about politics. Kind of ignoring what is currently happening in society. Not everything is about politics.

i dont disagree that theres currently more of an emphasis on the subject of sexual assault, but i dont agree that thats the reason its been downplayed or overlooked in the past. its human nature to do this when its 'our' guy. 

• Like 1