Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: Skins/Eagles Monday Night Football

KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I strongly disagree with this sentiment. We did that week one and it didn’t help. We NEED the run game. It doesn’t have to be killer, but it needs to be legit.

now there are different ways to accomplish that. Early passing to open the run up and running to open the pass, along with balanced ratios with an unbalanced tendency towards situations are all possibilities. But if we go one dimensional... that’s where Philly wants us. Cousins will be under heavy pressure.

I totally side with this and may take it a step further.  While I'd like a 300-yard run game tonight, I think it's important to keep it up, especially in the first half, regardless of whether or not we're getting 3+ YPC.  Just like Desean was that fly route threat you ALWAYS had to prepare for, if we show that we're willing to not run the ball, then they'll be in nickel and dime all day.  Stick to the running game just so they have to respect it and allow for play action.

Running PA is good for us, and you can't do that without handing the ball off a reasonable number of times.  I also wouldn't mind seeing a fake screen that turns into a QB draw to the opposite side.  We run the screen so often that it would be something that could work  on second and manageable.

11 minutes ago, LavarArringtonMachine said:

My bad.

Just FYI, you can go back and edit your posts.  In the bottom left of your post above the signature you'll see "Edit", just click on that and delete the pics

2 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

I totally side with this and may take it a step further.  While I'd like a 300-yard run game tonight, I think it's important to keep it up, especially in the first half, regardless of whether or not we're getting 3+ YPC.  Just like Desean was that fly route threat you ALWAYS had to prepare for, if we show that we're willing to not run the ball, then they'll be in nickel and dime all day.  Stick to the running game just so they have to respect it and allow for play action.

Also, this OL has had a few spectacular run blocking plays this season, particularly with traps. If we keep coming at the Iggles DL and they let up, I expect to see one of our RBs sprung for a big gain. THAT will make them bite on PA.

On another note:

Eagles fan co-worker passing me in the hallway: "E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!"

Me: "Oh, you can spell... Congratulations!"

He had to laugh. Ha ha ha.

3 minutes ago, MassSkinsFan said:

Also, this OL has had a few spectacular run blocking plays this season, particularly with traps. If we keep coming at the Iggles DL and they let up, I expect to see one of our RBs sprung for a big gain. THAT will make them bite on PA.

On another note:

Eagles fan co-worker passing me in the hallway: "E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!"

Me: "Oh, you can spell... Congratulations!"

He had to laugh. Ha ha ha.

I live near Philly.  With that education system, I'm surprised they can even do that.

7 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

You know the bird brains are high on themselves. It's time for Kirk to put them back into their place.

@KDawgThanks much for the early GDT.

All good brother! 

About to do another video update. It’s short but we’re going to try a new game day concept with these threads AND TK does something UNBELIEVABLE in the middle of my video! You’ll have to watch to find out. 

Is that how salesmen do it? Did I do it right? Well, if not, watch the video anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok, after watching the second video update, I imagined TK a lot differently before this...not sure why, or what I was expecting, but...yeah :P 

TK just said something about knowing your Dad and he said you’re grounded. 

Good. Now we can separate the "We suck", "**** this team" and "Game over, man" posts into threads by quarter, lol. 

In all seriousness, I think our defense comes out on fire. I just don't think we have the horse power to keep the early intensity up for four quarters. Too many injuries. The offense needs to take advantage of any early opportunities, and I don't want to see Nick Rose out there unless he's kicking off or kicking an XP. Eagles will begin to get into a groove as the game wears on, and what we're able to do on offense early will ultimately be the difference in a W or an L. I do think emotion and intensity will be a big underrated factor in this game. 27-23 Skins. 

FYI this thread will stop operate as the “hub”. So I’ll be checking throughout. But it’ll be pregame and overarching narrative conversation mostly. Work with us on this. Trying to see if separate threads help or make it harder.

9 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Eagles will begin to get into a groove as the game wears on, and what we're able to do on offense early will ultimately be the difference in a W or an L. I do think emotion and intensity will be a big underrated factor in this game. 27-23 Skins. 

Piggybacking on that point, I do think this game might be one of the rare occasions where how the 'Skins start the game (say...1st Quarter or perhaps first full half) will be more important then how they finish the game.  The Eagles are the healthier team going into the game so it figures that they will get stronger as the game goes on.  In the opener the 'Skins put themselves in a 13-0 hole and it took a Kerrigan Pick 6 to really get the team back into it and as soon as they took their first lead they allowed Philly to march right into FG range to close the half. 

If the 'Skins get into another 0-13 hole early on I have my doubts whether the defense has the horses to hold court for the remainder of the game.  This game is going to be on the offense scoring touchdowns. Finishing drives.  We will need to see production from guys who haven't shown much this season so far.  You can bet on Thompson being game-planned for. 

I prefer Chris Thompson starting in the backfield with Smudge as the change of pace. Running at Fletcher Cox to start the game is a bit risky in my opinion. If Jay decides to attack Cox with the running game and the Eagles defense neutralizes it...we are in trouble. I like the idea of attacking the perimeter and with sweeps, jets and screens. Then counter with runs on the inside. Maybe Crowder will receive handoffs out of the Jet sweep and keep the Eagles defense off balance. Doing so will set up the bootleg and double moves to beat the Eagles overrated secondary.

Man @Redskins Reparations I couldn’t disagree with your take more. Obviously that’s cool. Gives us some material to talk about. 

Typically, running at a strength of a defense pays off in the long run. A) you weaken that key cog with repeated physicality, B ) defenses are aware you want to avoid him, so they focus their attack elsewhere.

By running at him, you show that you aren’t afraid of him and that you will attack at any and all places on the field. 

If the Eagles stuff it, you adjust. That’s what Football is. Maybe you don’t start that way. Maybe you start with PA and short passes. But you establish that you will attack them and make them defend the entire field. 

I do agree with attacking all angles though. The attack must be across the board. Don’t let them hone in on anything. And keeping punching Cox in the mouth (metaphorically speaking. I am not condoning literally punching him.)

Archived