Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: NFL confirms Justin Timberlake as Super Bowl halftime performer

RemoveSnyder

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/10/22/nfl-confirms-justin-timberlake-as-super-bowl-halftime-performer/?tid=pm_sports_pop&utm_term=.f0649009ca79

Personally I'm hoping for "Dick in a Box" as the lead song.

Special surprise guest Janet Jackson ... I can only hope. 

When, oh when, am I going to get a digital holographic ODB? Somebody tell JT to make it happen. 

7 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Special surprise guest Janet Jackson ... I can only hope. 

Janet Jackson did a show here in Phoenix a few weeks ago. My wife bought tickets and dragged me there. On a Thursday night. 4000 menopausal women, 1,000 gay men and about 300 husbands trying to stream the Thursday night game on the venue wifi. 

As for Justin Timberlake doing the halftime show ... I will take the dog for a walk.

7 hours ago, MartinC said:

Janet Jackson did a show here in Phoenix a few weeks ago. My wife bought tickets and dragged me there. On a Thursday night. 4000 menopausal women, 1,000 gay men and about 300 husbands trying to stream the Thursday night game on the venue wifi. 

As for Justin Timberlake doing the halftime show ... I will take the dog for a walk.

So, what you're saaaaaaying is ... you'll be front-row center with your wife ... and dog. Right?

Enjoy the show! 

10 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

So, what you're saaaaaaying is ... you'll be front-row center with your wife ... and dog. Right?

Enjoy the show! 

I’m good. She has no interest in football or Justin Timberlake for that matter!

I mean, it's an understandable pick. For better or worse, he's one of those generational pop stars that will be remembered long after his career is over. Mind you, the latest time he took the Super Bowl Halftime Stage, it nearly destroyed said career but he sells records and will get eyes on the TV that don't usually watch football games. 

The halftime show isn't for football fans. If it were, they'd still have the Michigan or Grambling State bands playing (though the latter would be pretty bad ass since they can put on a damn good show). 

Now that I think about it - it's been 20 years since Grambling's band has taken the field on halftime! What the hell is up with that?! Is the audience so milquetoast and middle-of-the-road that they can't handle an HBCU Marching Band blowin' it up on national television? 

• 1 month later...

Prince stole the show back in 2007, in what was probably (and easily) the best SB Halftime Show I've seen. Real instruments. Real music. I was practically born with a guitar in my hand, so I'm a little biased, but I still give him the MVP. That game between the Colts and Bears.....good lord.

Anyway, as I hear it, the Timberlake performance will offer homage to Prince. I'll take that.

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2018 at 9:15 PM, skinsmarydu said:

You can check it out on YouTube. Awesome show. 

I wouldn't know about him being THAT kind of pro. ?

You'd have to ask Jessica Biel

Or Olivia Wilde

Or Olivia Munn

Or Lindsay Lohan

Or Rihanna

Or Scarlett Johanson

Or Cameron Diaz

Or Alyssa Milano

Or Britney Spears

You know Janet Jackson will be there.  You know they will tease a booble coming out. It will be hilarious.

At least that's how I would book it.  

But really, he's a guy a went 180 on since his goofy pop days.  Dude's super talented.

Archived