Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pre season redo- what do we do

gooseneck

One of Jackson and Garcon should have been extended for an extra year back in like 2015.  Just so we don't lose them both in the same year and end up with trash at WR, as has happened this year.

Drafting a RB in the second round is a waste of a pick.

This is all hindsight.  Let's just keep getting better and move forward.

Sure it would have been nice to sign Brown long term.

DeSean and Pierre have been beaten to death.

Taking a running back in the 2nd round is a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction don't you think?

The only thing I would have done is......oh never mind, this particular guy and his contract situation has been beaten to death too.

1. You don't **** up negotiations with Cousins and lock him up long term

2. You keep Garcon,  and ignore Pryor.

3. You don't **** up negotiations with Cousins and lock him up long term

4. Give Brown a 3 year deal minimum.

5. You don't **** up negotiations with Cousins and lock him up long term

6. Pratcice playing football in camp so we don't use the first two weeks of the season getting into game shape.

7. You don't **** up negotiations with Cousins and lock him up long term

8. Use preseason games to practice playing football so we don't use the first two weeks of the season getting into game shape.

9. You don't **** up negotiations with Cousins and lock him up long term

~Bang

30 minutes ago, Bang said:

2. You keep Garcon,  and ignore Pryor.

4. Give Brown a 3 year deal minimum.

6. Pratcice playing football in camp so we don't use the first two weeks of the season getting into game shape.

8. Use preseason games to practice playing football so we don't use the first two weeks of the season getting into game shape.

~Bang

But do you have any input on what they should have done with Cousins?

I'd have signed a veteran professional WR. Garcon and Jackson were too expensive but I'm sure we could have gotten a vet for cheap.

Extend Cousins of course.

I'd have traded up for Dalvin Cook in the 2nd round. I know he tore his ACL, but no guarantee that would have happened here.

But then we surely would have drafted Rodgers, not Rogers AKA "Stonehands" in the 2005 first round. We would have also landed JJ Watt, Patrick Willis, Matt Forte, Desean Jackson and Calais Campbell.

Kirk Cousins could currently be Rodgers clean up man who would likely be standing in for a few weeks while Rodgers heals up from his hand injury due to the weight of a dozen Super Bowl rings since we've always made the ?% perfect decision.

Archived