Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

9 minutes ago, redskins59 said:

I am reading on twitter that 8chan is very radical. Just today, they have posts there about how to create chemical weapons.  All I know is, 8chan is an offshoot of 4chan, and was created because 4chan wasn't radical enough. Think about that for a second.

It seems to be similar to Isis or Al Qaeda websites, but catering to White extremists. So why has it not been labeled a terrorist website yet?   All these White terrorists have been using these websites for a while now.  From what I recall, the Synagogue terrorist from last year was also another 8chan guy.

First of all, let me say it’s almost certain the NSA has been watching 8chan and 4chan (and others) for years now.  Reading your description however, paints a picture of 8chan as some sort of organized evil organization.  A place displaying some measure of competence and general direction.  The reality is much less impressive, and much more depressing.  

Do you know what an internet troll is?  Picture the worst one you’ve ever seen, someone willing to say absolutely anything at all to make people angry.  Now imagine a thousand of them on one forum where they’re allowed to post anything they want.  That’s 8 Chan.  

I’m not sure it would be fair to say that forum is a terrorist forum, that’s much too specific.  It probably attracts the mentally unwell of all kinds.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I wouldn’t say that. I mean, not in the sense that they were the end goal. A predictable and acceptable consequence, yes.

There is a long history of US politicians celebrating, aiding and abetting white terrorists and their acts of violence. In the past the support was more overt, in its current form it's done tacitly, although Trump is more overt than his recent predecessors.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Focusing on domestic terror cells will mean that we actually have to address the underlying cause of their growth, which is the political agenda of a mainstream party and the role that its propaganda outlets play in spreading hate and fear.

The shooters manifesto, which everyone should read, could have been the opening monologue of Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham's nightly show on Fox.

Just pointing out that the kind of violent divisive provocation is also the kind of thing that Russia has been promoting in our society, too.  

Who knows, maybe we would be allowed to do something about that?  Since it doesn't necessarily directly point out that Russia's actions are also supporting out of our political parties?  

(OK.  Yeah, right.  In Fantasyland.)  

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It it is irrelevant because the GOP is in the pocket of the NRA. So yes, technically they could have done something. It’s irrelevant because the GOP will not do it.

You're using that word improperly.  Saying it's irrelevant insinuates that it doesnt matter, it absolutely matters.  I'm really not sure what you are getting at with this, like GOP doesnt bare any responsibility for this because we should expect them to get bought off by the gun lobby?  Is what it is? Really?

48 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Scary thing ink is knowing which side has more guns and are more proficient with them.

If you do, learn how to use it.  Go to the range ALOT!!!  Romberg it’s 10% having the gun and 90% being good at using it.

I’d like to reign in the 1st amendment the way many want to with the 2nd.  Websites like 4chan and what not should be shut down.  Crazy conspiracy bull**** driving hate needs to be squashed.  And well **** like Trump says sometimes should be illegal.

No kidding. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You're using that word improperly.  Saying it's irrelevant insinuates that it doesnt matter,

? The fact that the GOP had control of both houses of Congress and the presidency is irrelevant (doesn’t matter) because they were never ever going to act on any form of gun control. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

? The fact that the GOP had control of both houses of Congress and the presidency is irrelevant (doesn’t matter) because they were never ever going to act on any form of gun control. 

That's like saying "boys will be boys" when they out here raping people.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I wouldn't say it's irrelevant.  It definitely something that should be brought up, even more because of this.  

It makes more sense to say that we shouldn''t expect anything from the GOP, but we should keep pushing them and bringing it up anyway, either to force change or to get them voted out.  

Edited by visionary

Of course video games are not the problem but I’m OK with making it illegal to own a military style weapon or more than one gun or a gun that holds more than a few rounds AND a video game.

The only time I wanted to kill someone after playing a video game was ET on the Atari. 😂

4 hours ago, RansomthePasserby said:

In the FBI’s (and law enforcement in general) defense, I don’t think they can know who is really posting what on websites where people can hide behind anonymity. Also, I’m sure there’s millions of disgusting, but ultimately harmless things being posted on the web every day, so sifting through everything to find the real threats to focus resources on in time to actually stop something before it happens is not an easy task.

Ding ding ding.  

No, there is no way to reliably detect one individual person who's going to decide this afternoon to go kill a bunch of people.  

It's at least theoretically possible to intervene in somebody's planning for a terrorist action.  His buying of specialized supplies or equipment.  Recruiting of a team.  Seeking specialized training or knowledge.  Steps taken to get ready for a spree.  

But as long as society insists on handing people the tool they need to become a mass murderer, and creating a situation in which the only thing between said person and a mass murderer is his own decision not to do it, then it's going to happen.  

In effect, we have made a conscious decision to give every person in America an app for their phone, which gives every person in America the ability to kill five random people by pushing a button.  And then act surprised when occasionally, one person, somewhere, decides to push the button.  

Only way to stop it, is to get rid of the app.