Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me name my puppy (if you are into that sort of thing)

Llevron

I always had a plan that one day I'd get two dogs and name them:

Diesel (for obvious reasons)

Nyquist (jointly after the Detroit Red Wings player Gustav Nyquist and Bell Labs scientist Harry Nyquist)

This was before the famous horse named Nyquist came along and won the Kentucky Derby.

23 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Hey, no judgement here.  He's a fellow Fairfax High School Alumnus. I played hockey with his younger brother very briefly before he blew out his knee.

Although you do have to deal with this:

I remember being very vocal about wanting us to draft him. One of the most insane college football players i can ever remember. That backfield with him, Slaton and Pat White still gives me nightmares.

And awesome dog @Llevron. Im terrible with pet names, though. Probably would've named him something generic like Buster or Sparky :kickcan:

Although my wife gave them different names, I taught my big dogs to answer to Dickhead and Meathead, and her annoying dachshund genuinely thinks her real name is dumbass...which is why I had to make sure she wasn't around when Haslett was running the defense so she wouldn't her me screaming her name... True story!

7 minutes ago, Llevron said:

He has the embattled look if a Redskins fan in his eyes too lol. 

What breed of pup is that? I love his ears and what look to be eyebrows lol

6 year old female husky, Margot.  Runt of the litter, she's topped out at around 55 lbs.  And for that we're thankful.

Those are the "daddy took me for a 4 miler this morning" eyes.

1 hour ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Border collie for the win!  Had 3 growing up.  It was basically like playing Quarterback with Art Monk, Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders as your receivers.

We definitely need a "talk about your pets" thread.

I think it got archived...spark it up!  I could talk about my kitties and all the dogs I worked with ad nauseum.  :cheers:

11 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Border collie for the win!  Had 3 growing up.  It was basically like playing Quarterback with Art Monk, Gary Clark and Ricky Sanders as your receivers.

We definitely need a "talk about your pets" thread.

Border collies are brilliant! My parents have one called Jake and he's ace.  Jasper is a bit different though, he's a half border half springer spaniel, also known as a sprollie!

if you want to brighten up your day (not that you need to after that win!) Google 'sprollie puppies' you won't regret it!

I tried to bump the old pet thread but j couldn't find it. I can change the name to this one if y'all want. I'm totally cool with that. 

Also - He only made it to halftime. I have never watched a game so quietly in my damn life. Mistake was letting him sleep cause he was up, literally, all night crying. 

Still love him tho

20170924_215837.thumb.jpg.56ec3777bc83f7e3f8dabd5e11ee3ad9.jpg

3 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Dancer was so small as a puppy, her bladder must have been the size of a pea! I was up every 2 hours taking her out. Housebreaking ritual. It lasted months!

So....tell me if I did this wrong. 

I assumed the crying was because he wanted to be out of the crate or sleep with us in the bed. The foster told us thats what she did. He cried and she let him out of the crate and he slept with her. 

So I didnt take him out. I ignored him completely to get across the point that crying doesnt provide results. He didnt pee or poop in the crate at all. 

Was that not the right move? We walk him first thing in the morning and last at night so i think he did a good job holding it. 

We crate trained Jasper but got lucky because he literally never cried or barked once!

Defiantly a good move getting him used to the crate though I think it helps them be a little less needy.  My parents gave in to the cries when Jake was younger and now he gets the worst separation anxiety and can not be left alone! He's still a beauty though

IMG_2966.JPG

On 9/25/2017 at 6:01 AM, BantamSkin said:

Border collies are brilliant! My parents have one called Jake and he's ace.  Jasper is a bit different though, he's a half border half springer spaniel, also known as a sprollie!

if you want to brighten up your day (not that you need to after that win!) Google 'sprollie puppies' you won't regret it!

Googled it, cute as buttons.  Looking like border collies with fluffier ears and rounder noggins.

We have a poodle/Bolognese mix that comes in for dayboarding every day.  (I work at an animal hospital)....I have a maltese, and thought keeping him well-groomed was a task.  Them Bolognese dogs get the "just came off a meth bender" look faster than ass.  Never heard of 'em 'til I met this dog.  He's a scared, back-of-the-cage dweller.  Trying my best to break it out of him.  Owner loves to talk my head off for 20 minutes a day about him.  It's all good, I'm definitely client-friendly, but your dog is scared of AIR, man.  I can only reiterate how you should go about socializing him in so many different ways.

Anyway....

On 9/25/2017 at 3:21 PM, Llevron said:

I tried to bump the old pet thread but j couldn't find it. I can change the name to this one if y'all want. I'm totally cool with that.

Was thinking about making one, "Let's Talk About Pets".  The last one I think was titled something like, "Show your pets."  I think that made it more about posting pics, than firing up discussion.  I tend to overthink things.

No matter what it's titled, we're going to post pics.

Adorable pics yall.  Great looking dogs.

Archived