Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offense. (Every Snap broken down: Raiders)

FFODC

On 11/9/2017 at 2:52 PM, Jumbo said:

2. Well, I don't know how to tell you this mr. fancy education east coast elitist guy, but the prime minister of japan is not on the five. it's an american on the five becuase that's how each country does its money. you always put your own people on it. you should get a refund from your school.

Umm, Pretty dang sure the Queen ain't Canadian... there Mr. Fancy Pants

For those of you scoring at home:

East Coast Elitists 0

Jumbo Guy 0

Tobacco Chewers 1

• TK unpinned this topic
1 hour ago, MCnDaHouse said:

Great analysis as usual!

Could Hall's poor play be due in part to not being fully healthy? He seemed to play better against Seattle and Minnesota until he got injured and left the game. Or is my memory faulty on those 2 games?

Its probably injury related but this goes back to 2016.  Since he’s been out the coverage busts have gone down.  

Almost everytime that guy makes a pre-snap check, I see another guy throw his hands in the air like “wtf, why?” and then sure enough, there is a gap exposed or area of the field left uncovered.

He did do good against Seattle, you’re right, but I’m not sure what that even proves.  At some point I don’t see how bringing in a younger guy off the PS isn’t the better option.  We could use the speed and what are we even afraid of: the kid not knowing the calls?  coverage busts?  Well...

1 hour ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wonderful job as always.

Could you shed a little more light on what the hell is going on with Norman?  It just seems like he's playing way worse than your grade is giving him, and I want to know what your thoughts are on him in particular.

After I compiled all the clips and added the scores I didn’t have much on him good or bad.  I’m struggling right now trying to remember how he did.   I know on some plays the secondary as a whole did their job and the play charted as “coverage +1” and on other plays his only job was to stay underneath in Cover 2 and stand in a spot.

Last week I had a section on him, but I guess he flew under the radar in this one ?‍♂️

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

D Hall is completely finished. We might as well play 10 guys out there when he's in.

Sadly yeah...

That's a pity because the guy has been great since coming here. But we're witnessing him going down right now and he deserves better.

Hopefully he'll get it by the end of the season and retire as he should already have. Don't want him to look any worst next year or cut or whatever. 

Just retires with class and that's it.

Easier said than done in his position though.

1 hour ago, FFODC said:

Its probably injury related but this goes back to 2016.  Since he’s been out the coverage busts have gone down.  

Almost everytime that guy makes a pre-snap check, I see another guy throw his hands in the air like “wtf, why?” and then sure enough, there is a gap exposed or area of the field left uncovered.

He did do good against Seattle, you’re right, but I’m not sure what that even proves.  At some point I don’t see how bringing in a younger guy off the PS isn’t the better option.  We could use the speed and what are we even afraid of: the kid not knowing the calls?  coverage busts?  Well...

Our DL and pressure on the QB was way more competent against that crappy Seattle OL than against the Vikings or Saints that have good OLs.

This is probably why.

1 hour ago, MCnDaHouse said:

Good points. If you're playing injured you are likely to play further back to avoid getting run by. However it also causes you to not have the closing speed to recover. So I'm with you. If he's not healthy take him off the field. Can't do much worse.

I would think Norman is not as smooth as he'd like in his moves and less quick to react due to ribs still hurting a bit or not completly healed.

8 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I would think Norman is not as smooth as he'd like in his moves and less quick to react due to ribs still hurting a bit or not completly healed.

I wanna say Rob Henson mentioned that Norman is probably playing hurt and that was why he couldn’t flip around to handle Diggs on that ‘Out and Up’ route.

• Jumbo pinned this topic
58 minutes ago, William Barbour said:

Zach Brown overall was really bad in coverage Sunday. Seems lost on Zone Concepts. Exceptional everywhere else

Everyone loves Brown because he makes tackles and is super fast so it seems like he is everywhere. Cooley seems to suggest he sucks badly in coverage on a weekly basis. Not saying he hasn't made a good impact, overall a great signing but he has some weaknesses that have been exposed as well. 

10 hours ago, Suffolk_Skins said:

Everyone loves Brown because he makes tackles and is super fast so it seems like he is everywhere. Cooley seems to suggest he sucks badly in coverage on a weekly basis. Not saying he hasn't made a good impact, overall a great signing but he has some weaknesses that have been exposed as well. 

Agree with this.

I don't trust his instincts is what it comes down to it. He's just a bit late to react, not just in the passing game. He's made a many tackles in the secondary on players he was not covering, but there has been too much success against the ILBs in the passing game.

The NFL's leading tackler last season spent over three weeks on the open market and had interest from four other teams that ultimately looked elsewhere...

45 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s a solid LB with speed.  I would think he’s going to get better in coverage with experience and coaching in this scheme.  

At this point, I think you take talent and the. try and teach them rather than try-hard guys who have a lower ceilings.

I agree with this, Brown def struggles in coverage but not nearly as bad as Compton. 

He's been amazing against the run and gives us a huge advantage against mobile QBs that most teams don't have.  If Harvey-Clemons can get coached up, we would have such an adaptable ILB corps.

• TK unpinned this topic

Archived