Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

I didnt know much about Geron looks like a Callahan special. ESPN had him rated as the 64th best prospect we got him at 74. Think he is a Morgan Moses 2.0 1+yr project and would be a T, I don’t think we intend to move him inside..I think I would’ve gone another direction ie LB or DB, but  totally get it. Ok with it. 

2 of our 3 picks are on the Lines, where the game is won, I dig it.

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I didnt know much about Geron looks like a Callahan special. ESPN had him rated as the 64th best prospect we got him at 74. Think he is a Morgan Moses 2.0 1+yr project and would be a T, I don’t think we intend to move him inside..I think I would’ve gone another direction ie LB or DB, but  totally get it. Ok with it. 

2 of our 3 picks are on the Lines, where the game is won, I dig it.

Mayock said this about him....

"He's raw," analyst Mike Mayock said of Christian on NFL Network after the pick was made, "a little bit underpowered, but when you see his length, athletic ability and feet, you go 'Wow, that's a starting left tackle in the NFL.'"

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

With Senat off the board, I wonder if Dallas are fixing to trade up for Phillips? 

And WTH is he still doing on the board BTW?

Hail. 

Stanford has had a real bad recent run with dirty needle guys, in Trent Murphy and David something-a-nother, and that cray cray Jonathan Martin. Bad pub for that University. I think scouts realize these dudes are roided out. 

Lot of upside with our class so far, but a lot of risk too.  I feel pretty confident Payne is going to work out, but Guice makes me a little uneasy.  He's got some hustler in him and I don't totally trust him.  But he could be an absolute stud if he acts like a pro.

Maybe Geron Christian gets shaped into a starting LT eventually.  Or maybe the staff isn't patient with him and he struggles to keep a roster spot because he can't back up the guard spot too and Nsehke is already pretty well entrenched on the team.

We could be hitting home runs, or could be ending up with a forgettable class.

11 minutes ago, BTBIRD 227 said:

OK ,what player would you have picked? instead of a 10 year old kid.

Eh, it was a poor joke.  Seemed a need pick when there were better players available at less needed positions.  

Edit: it’s just an opinion though.  They’re saying they had a 2nd round grade on him, so they got good value (at least in their eyes).  

I’d have gone Gallup or Rudolph, though there were several other guys I like. 

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm sitting here watching Christian cut ups and it's a pleasant reminder of how ****ing good Lamar Jackson was during the first half of 2016.  Michael Vick meets Russell Wilson.

Hes the future of the NFL. In next 10 years, teams will actually draft backups for guys like this. Imagine that. 

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah, teams aren't trusting the doctors it seems

The history of guys who have the same heart condition as him isn't good.  Lotuleilei and Fairley never lived up to the potential t hey demonstrated at the college level.  They were even more dominant players than Hurst was.  I don't think it's coincidence either.  I think the condition is debilitating.

Archived