Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Guice has no character issues imo. He's had some idiotic nitpicky red flags pointed out because he dared speak up about part of the draft process and scouts got salty. He's a future stud RB I think

He might just fall to us at 44 because of that though :) Him or Jones would leave me giddy tomorrow night. Although the scotch has me giddy as hell tonight....But I bet it's a different story tomorrow morning.

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is Lamar Jackson really gonna fall right into NE's lap, without having to trade up, leaving them with another 1st to still use? Unbelievable. BAL is only conceivable threat I can see remaining in the 1st round, and I doubt anyone wants to trade all the way back into round 2. 

Lamar Jackson is garbage. Hope NE takes him. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I wanted Fitz or Payne, so I'm happy with my second choice. 

that sums it up for me, We got one of the two I wanted, I thought it should be Fitz but he was gone, and reading more, seeing James fall....this is the best pick. 

Just now, Master Blaster said:

Lamar Jackson is garbage. Hope NE takes him. 

He has his issues just like he has places where he wins in ways most NFL QB's don't. You really wanna gamble that of all teams, the Patriots, who operate multiple steps ahead of the rest of the league, won't figure out how to make it work? He'd be deadly there, especially with a couple years to learn. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Run on OL coming now. Leave those RB's on the board.

Yes please. Weird not rooting for OL to fall to us but we're mostly past that now I think, despite still technically having needs there. We've invested a lot in the OL. 

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So are you arguing for Payne or against James???  I will take both. Making some top 10 analogy makes no sense since the issue is he was there for us at 13. So he dropped 4 spots after and one of those was Edmunds and another was Davenport - all 3 much better athletes and can help our team more. 

And you made my point for me about Payne. We do rotate DL out. You can get a 2 dn guy in the 2nd rd - especially this year. There are several other DTs that will be there at 44 that are just as good as Payne. So we passed exceptional talent that can help the defense play better on all 3 dns for a guy that is only going to help us on 1st and maybe 2nd dn. 

no they could not have helped us on all three downs because we ask seven people to play all three downs at most.  Our starting 4 DB, our starting two OLB, and out best pass defending ILB.  Davenport would not be asked to play all three downs and Edmunds might, but only if he replaced Foster, because Brown isn't going to be the backup.  So you're replacing one three down guy with another

9 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Guice has no character issues imo. He's had some idiotic nitpicky red flags pointed out because he dared speak up about part of the draft process and scouts got salty. He's a future stud RB I think

I dunno about that, you just gonna call out the process, not specify what team, then NFL to clear it. You cause your potential employer to have to launch an investigation then they find your full of ****, yeah red flags for me...

1 minute ago, dcdiscokid said:

I dunno about that, you just gonna call out the process, not specify what team, then NFL to clear it. You cause your potential employer to have to launch an investigation then they find your full of ****, yeah red flags for me...

You find it curious that when the league investigated itself, with no oversight, they found no wrongdoing, on behalf of themselves? Guice had no reason to make that up, and it would be far from the first time in recent years that similar stuff went down in the interviews at the combine. And the scouts hate anyone intruding into their bubble and stepping on their all-important pompous "process", and they lashed out in the media. Either way its not a red flag to me. Dumb thing to worry about imo, especially given how talented he is

1 minute ago, carex said:

no they could not have helped us on all three downs because we ask seven people to play all three downs at most.  Our starting 4 DB, our starting two OLB, and out best pass defending OLB.  Davenport would not be asked to play all three downs and Edmunds might, but only if he replaced Foster, because Brown isn't going to be the backup.  So you're replacing one three down guy with another

It's about them being better players and therefore helping the team more. If you replace one player with a much better player it's better than replacing a player with a player that is just a little better.

Was Payne a horrible pick? Probably not. But there were guys that can help the team a lot more because they are just much better players. And again the thing you keep ignoring is that you can get a guy that is just as good at 44. Why not get a much better talent player at 13 then get your NT at 44? Much better use of your picks. 

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's about them being better players and therefore helping the team more. If you replace one player with a much better player it's better than replacing a player with a player that is just a little better.

Was Payne a horrible pick? Probably not. But there were guys that can help the team a lot more because they are just much better players. And again the thing you keep ignoring is that you can get a guy that is just as good at 44. Why not get a much better talent player at 13 then get your NT at 44? Much better use of your picks. 

because the guy at 44 might not be a big upgrade.  Plus it's on less pick to get guys at positions you do need

1 minute ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You find it curious that when the league investigated itself, with no oversight, they found no wrongdoing, on behalf of themselves? Guice had no reason to make that up, and it would be far from the first time in recent years that similar stuff went down in the interviews at the combine. And the scouts hate anyone intruding into their bubble and stepping on their all-important pompous "process", and they lashed out in the media. Either way its not a red flag to me. Dumb thing to worry about imo, especially given how talented he is

sure he does is his name not out there, and im not backing the nfl, just sounds very iffy to me, so red flags for me, whats his motivation. fame or fottball.

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Lining up nicely for us to snag a talented RB in round 2, but I thought the same thing last year and there was a run on the guys I wanted before we ended up taking Ryan Anderson so who knows. 

Thats what worries me 44 might be too deep to get one of the best rbs

Archived