Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins vs. Bengals

TSO

15 minutes ago, SWFLSkins said:

Always a reason for failure, always an excuse for piss poor play. Sorry, but I don't buy how sloppy this team looks. You are what you practice. This team is undisciplined in nature, energy plateaus, slow start. I do think they'll improve, but how much? how far can they go before the hurt themselves in games? 

Just now, Birdlives said:

Please let me know how it is! I've wanted to go there for a long time, like since I was born; in Bogota.

Hit me up on the side, I'll be glad to help you out...I think I might be moving to Miami to support Latin America and eventually to Bogota. But in a nutshell it's absolutely amazing at least for me... Back to Football

3 minutes ago, SkinssRvA said:

That's fair.  Let me rephrase.  I'm not seeing him win.  If he's hesitant that's fine and correctable.  But the two main people I've been watching and hoping show flashes (because their impact on the team will determine a lot about how well the skins do this season) are not impressing me: Pryor and allen.  

Pryor doesn't surprise me.

I expected him and Cousins to have timing issues. I've told folks who thought about getting Pryor in fantasy football to get him later and stash him away on your team because I think he will be better later in the season than early.

3 minutes ago, RedBeast said:

Well I do have to admit the second quarter definitely look better than the ****ty first quarter

but these slow 1st quarter starts will definitely burn us once the season starts. I wish we came out aggressive and executing from the first whistle. not once we getting our teeth kicked in

Half time analysis put up on the blog: 

Alright. So, terrible first quarter, better second quarter.

It was really nice to see us finally get our running game going for the first time this preseason. Kelley and Perine both looked sharp once the offense got going a bit in the 2nd quarter. Roullier has looked really good out there. Sherff started out looking terrible again, but then really picked it up in the 2nd quarter. Can say that about the entire Oline, really. It's been frustrating to watch Pryor have as many drops as he's had, but fortunately he also picked it up with a great catch. Kirk has been inaccurate, consistently pressured, and just generally looking out of sync with his receivers, but again, he picked it up. The pick six was just woeful, though it seemed to light a fire since after that the offense started moving the ball.

Defensively, they looked good after that pathetic first drive. Our Dline hasn't looked good, but hasn't looked bad, either. Seeing Taylor go down was depressing, especially since he's been having the best preseason on the line. Hood is still an issue, but he had some good plays. Allen looks like he has looked... flashing potential but definitely not really impactful yet. A rookie, basically. Ioannidis didn't look as good as he has in the previous two games, but not bad. McGee had a nice rush, and McClain was just okay. Both Francis and Mbu looked good. The secondary is a little scary right now. That first drive was just horrendous, everyone off, no tight coverage, easy completions galore. Frustrating crap. But they picked up a bit, as well, and it was great seeing Norman make some impact plays. 

Alright, be back after the game with our usual locker room interviews and awesome pics from Spaceman Spiff, see you then!   

Btw, during the half there was this Father-Daughter dance thingy they had going on. Tony Wyllie and Doug Williams were dancing with their daughters, it was pretty funny.  

Francis, McClain and McGee in. 

Archived