Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Putin's Impeachable Puppet vs The Rise of BootyWalker & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

I watched him on This Week, and while I applaud him for acknowledging the deplorable nature of his previous statements and positions, that isn't enough for me to accept him as a viable candidate. I wish Weld could beat Trump. Walsh is like trading Mussolini for Franco.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I watched him on This Week, and while I applaud him for acknowledging the deplorable nature of his previous statements and positions, that isn't enough for me to accept him as a viable candidate. I wish Weld could beat Trump. Walsh is like trading Mussolini for Franco.

 

Someone capable of recognizing their past deplorable behavior and apologizing for it is commendable and almost necessary for the American right. 

 

But it’s only a start. And post-Trump, the litmus test will have to be actions rather than words.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a person, I can accept and even admire his apology, but there simply isn't anything he could say that would make him acceptable as a candidate. We are not talking about some stupid stunt or mistake from decades ago, but rather blatantly racist statements within the last couple of years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

As a person, I can accept and even admire his apology, but there simply isn't anything he could say that would make him acceptable as a candidate. We are not talking about some stupid stunt or mistake from decades ago, but rather blatantly racist statements within the last couple of years.

 

Misogyny was high on his list too, as well as statements against homosexuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walsh is a 🤡 clown. 

 

This isn't about his beliefs changing. This is about him trying to create a new persona to make a career out of. 

 

He's the guy who talked about grabbing his musket. The same guy who would tell folks outside the state to not get involved in the Roy Moore campaign (while he was out of state). 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

 

Misogyny was high on his list too, as well as statements against homosexuals.

Yeah, there's a whole litany of scumbag hate speech about any group that doesn't fit the straight white Christian male prototype.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, there's a whole litany of scumbag hate speech about any group that doesn't fit the straight white Christian male prototype.

 

I think you mean "the only demographic in America that's discriminated against". 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Walsh is just a friendly reminder that modern Republicans pre-Trump weren't all that great either. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walsh's pitch seems to be "Republicans: vote for me instead of Trump because I'm only a little bit racist"

 

giphy.gif

 

 

(and yes, someone's saying that to Tom Cotton)

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walsh is owning up to his past bad behavior. I think we should give people like him on the right a path out of this. Realistically, this country isn’t moving forward unless we let people on the right who are ashamed of their past apologize.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ashamed of their past"?  Or "figured out that openly endorsing the extremes of our positions might be about to cost us power, so we've decided that we need to be slightly less obvious about it (While still being careful to retain those elements in our tent, cause we can't win without them.)"?

 

For example, I keep remembering after one of the Nazi rallies (DC?), one national Republican kinda-sorta disagreed with the GOP soliciting Nazis, by saying that next time, he'd prefer if they left the Nazi flags at home.  He didn't object to their presence.  To their support.  They were welcome.  Just please don't bring the actual Nazi flag.  

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Walsh is owning up to his past bad behavior. I think we should give people like him on the right a path out of this. Realistically, this country isn’t moving forward unless we let people on the right who are ashamed of their past apologize.

If one has really changed, then maybe.  I doubt this guy has really changed and you will see him spout his crap, during his campaign.  He's going to have to be even crazier than Trump to make whatever point his campaign is going to be. Noone is beating Trump.

 

As forgiving past bad behavior in general, I say no.  Every single person that supported Trump or just let him do what he wants; needs to be defeated.  There must be no future for these guys/gals.  No, Nikki Haley will never become president.  all those people need to be removed from power forever. They can never be forgiven.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way out should be the destruction of the Republican Party. We said they would do this before he was elected. They don’t get to get out free because they made it to the finish line. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Larry said:

Ashamed of their past"?  Or "figured out that openly endorsing the extremes of our positions might be about to cost us power, so we've decided that we need to be slightly less obvious about it (While still being careful to retain those elements in our tent, cause we can't win without them.)"?

 

 

Right now there is a bigger negative cost of speaking out against Trump rather than going against him. I don’t see this as opportunism. 

 

I think we will see many Rs who will try to distance themselves from Trump if he leaves office in 2020, and then it will be hard to take any of them seriously.

 

Its just my opinion but whoever is doing this right now, openly, is sincere. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe Walsh was saying crazy racist crap as recently as last year. If you want to give him a free pass because he says "sorry", you're not so much advocating for forgiveness and you are for a world with zero consequences. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Joe Walsh was saying crazy racist crap as recently as last year. If you want to give him a free pass because he says "sorry", you're not so much advocating for forgiveness and you are for a world with zero consequences. 

 

The only way out of this current cultural mess is that we let people like Walsh, who have said problematic things, come out and openly apologize. Offer them a way out and make it so that their actions match their words. 

 

If Walsh and other GOP figures are out there making life difficult for Trump and occupying space in his head, that is ultimately to the benefit of whoever is running on the Dem side. 

 

Like it or not, but Trumpism wont be a giant loser with just liberals making the case against it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he was running for the Senate, David Duke apologized for his past ties to the KKK, too. I guess we really dropped the ball not "giving him a path" to forgiveness. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.