Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Majority support taking away ARs and such?  I know there is a majority support for universal background checks and stuff.

I don't think this country could handle a drastic move such as that.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiq1-_g_K3kAhWHl-AKHXERCwEQzPwBegQIARAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.usnews.com%2Fnews%2Fnational-news%2Farticles%2F2019-08-19%2Fpoll-majority-favor-gun-control&psig=AOvVaw2v95qzMQVES-vjMSS6mme-&ust=1567370635342303

According to this. Though the distinction I missed was voluntary vs a mandatory buyback so my bad. But I think it’s great to push for it with the current momentum. 

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Reading the article.  Lots of things you'd expect.  And I observe that the article mentions that the experiment didn't really change things for most people, but then spends half of the article talking about one person where it made a profound change.  

Article on how the candidates want to crackdown on hateful rhetoric on social media sites  

https://www.timesheraldonline.com/2019/09/02/white-nationalism-domestic-terrorism-social-media-presidential-candidates-beto-orourke/

Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke, an El Paso native, would go farthest of the presidential candidates in rethinking legal protections for social networks.

Currently, social media companies are insulated from lawsuits about content posted by users, under Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act — a provision that’s been called “the 26 words that created the internet.”

O’Rourke’s proposal would strip that legal immunity from large companies that don’t set policies to block content that incites violence, intimidation, harassment, threats or defamation based on traits like race, sex or religion. And all internet companies could be held liable for knowingly promoting content that incites violence.

“This is a matter of life and death, and tech executives have a moral obligation to play an active role in banning online activities that incite violence and acts of domestic terrorism,” O’Rourke spokeswoman Aleigha Cavalier said in an email.

6 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

O'Rourke couldn't beat Ted Cruz who's highly unpopular in Texas. Beto campaigned for over a year in every county.

and blew a record amount of money. :ols:

on the other hand Cruz beat Trump in Texas.

Image result for I say go for it

A lot of times people tend to favor candidates they know from their home state (or region). So, it doesn't necessarily follow that Beto losing to another Texan in Texas means he would lose to Trump there. It's lot easier to quantify home state biases in primary elections than generals, however.

Beto might be more likely to win Texas than Biden or Warren or Sanders or Harris. But to get there he has to be a guy who can pull more than 3 to 4% nationally in the Democratic primary. Beto needs to show voters he can win before they pick him, not the other way around. 

Cruz is more popular in Texas than Trump.

Even if he doesn’t win Texas, Beto would provide the biggest electoral victory of any Dem candidate imo because of the way he energizes his supporters, attracts the youth and will fight for swing/ key states. He just went to Bland county Va which is a rural backwoods wasteland that voted for trump by more than any county in VA. But it mattered to the Dems there and I’m sure they will be excited to vote in the upcoming state elections.

He is the best chance of taking the Senate back too with that enthusiasm impacting down ballot races across the country. I love warren and think she would win but she isn’t even bringing a lot of enthusiasm within her own constituents and state. It’s a little concerning 

We could easily lose Warrens or sanders senate seat if they are the president. 

15 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

O'Rourke couldn't beat Ted Cruz who's highly unpopular in Texas. Beto campaigned for over a year in every county.

Yeah, I don't get how a guy who loses an election is supposed to be a good bet to win it all, just because after blowing record amounts of money, he came close. Texas isn't turning blue, at least not for another decade.

On one hand im sad to see Harris getting farther and father out of the picture, but on the other hand I feel like Warren is getting alot of the people she is losing and as the focus becomes clearer on her, I think she is the better candidate. 

*I may not know what the **** im talking about 

Harris will do better as Biden falters.

34 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If Biden loses 2 straight it doesn't bode well for him. His campaign is built around electability. How's that going to work when you're not the most electable with Democrats?

They mean electability with the common folk, not progressive nerds :pint:

35 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

If Biden loses 2 straight it doesn't bode well for him. His campaign is built around electability. How's that going to work when you're not the most electable with Democrats?

He doesn't.  I have Warren winning Iowa and Sanders winning New Hampshire.  If one of them wins both, the will have momentum going into the Nevada caucuses & South Carolina primary.  Joe lose both as expected, I figure he pins everything on South Carolina.  If he lost there, he's done.  

The also rans really have no shot and it's unlikely they qualify for October debates.  They really need to wise up and end their runs.

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii, billionaire Tom Steyer and author Marianne Williamson could qualify for that October debate but their

campaigns are really just stroking their egos.

The 10 3rd Debate- debaters:

The real contenders:

Former Vice President Joe Biden, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren.  The real race at the moment is the moderate wing: Biden vs the progressive wing: Warren & Sanders.   Those 3 are currently the only ones with double digits.

Fading former Contenders

Mayor Pete Buttigieg, California Sen. Kamala Harris.  Both candidates have faded, to the point where they are not in the same class at the top 3.  They really need to break through again, in the debates or by winning the early contensts.

Need a breakthrough in Sept or Oct.

1. New Jersey Sen. Cory Booker, Former HUD Secretary Julián Castro, Minnesota Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Former Rep. Beto O'Rourke.   These 4 need to breakthrough in one of the next 2 debates. If their polling doesn't improve; I don't see how this group will be able to raise money to even make to the voting in 2020.  Odds are if they don't show upward movement after that October debate; the money will dry up & they will have to drop out.

Single issue vanity candidate:

1. Businessman Andrew Yang. He's really just a single issue candidate.  He obviously has enough support that he qualified for debate 3, but he's not going anywhere.

There has to be a show down between Biden and Warren/Sanders.  Their conflicting views obviously will be the debate the Dem voters have.  If Biden stumbles, his campaign will go into freefall & provide the opening for Buttigieg,Harris,Booker,Castro,Klobuchar,O'Rourke.  If Biden maintains his support, it will be hard if not impossible for those guys/gals to overcome.  

There has to be a battle at some point between Warren and Sanders.  Neither can win the nomination, if the other is in the race.  If they can knock out the other, they could have sizeable lead.  I think this nomination is Warren's to lose.

On 9/3/2019 at 10:31 AM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

We could easily lose Warrens or sanders senate seat if they are the president. 

Easily? Uhh no you'd need to work exceedingly hard to do that. Did it slip your mind which states they represent?

Archived