Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Just wondering - Who's the biggest loser in Presidential history?  In terms of number of popular votes.  Is Trump in the running?  

Edit:  I checked.  He's not even close.  

Nixon's reelection was by 18M

Reagan's reelection by 17M

LBJ 16M

FDR '36 11M.  (Dang!)

Obama's first:  10M

Clinton's 2nd:  8M

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Can we make graham #3 

I tend to think that people who were elected to be partisan politicians should be given some leeway when they act like partisan politicians.  (And I assume people like him and Skippy have been crooked long enough that they've actually become competent at not leaving a slime trail.)  I think the burden of proof is higher.  

33 minutes ago, Larry said:

I tend to think that people who were elected to be partisan politicians should be given some leeway when they act like partisan politicians.  (And I assume people like him and Skippy have been crooked long enough that they've actually become competent at not leaving a slime trail.)  I think the burden of proof is higher.  

I was thinking about election interference with his shady calls. That’s egregious to me. 

otherwise i agree. 

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And I think #2 on the list of "needs to be thoroughly prosecuted" is Bill Barr.  Second biggest disparity between the duties of his office and what he actually did, in history.  

Justice, then peace.  Peace is an outcome of justice and a more just society.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I did not quote you on purpose and i said at the beginning I get the frustration. And i said I had said some things myself. So I tried real hard to keep anyone from taking it personal. Nothing was meant to be a reflection on you or anyone in particular. Just pondering some thoughts. It was meant as more a reflective comment for everyone.

I have been so frustrated with this administration and still am, I totally get where people are coming from. So for myself, I worry about getting caught up in their frenzy and responding in a way i will regret. We are supposed to be better. I know so far that had gotten us kicked in the teeth. I myself said some pages back - **** the trump supporters. And honestly i still feel that way but with a little more guilt. I just hate what we are becoming. Hoping we can do and get better. 

The fact someone like Trump got elected is bad enough.

We are lucky that Trump was so incompetent that all the damage he could've done; he didn't.  He did plenty that it will take years to do undo but a competent Trump or Trump-like candidate would be horrible.

As for things getting better.  Sorry, I disagree.   The white race is speeding towards being a majority-minority race.  Whites will still be plurality but there will be more non-whites than whites.  Those whites who supported Trump will not take kindly to that.   Things are going to get worse before anything gets better.

Biden should pick an AG based on broad macro considerations.  Whether said AG will or will not pursue charges against Trump and his cronies should have no consideration on the selection. 

Then the AG should let career prosecutors make the call on whether there is sufficient evidence of criminality to justify a charge against Trump.  No one is above the law and no one should get a pass in the name of national unity.

3 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Biden should pick an AG based on broad macro considerations.  Whether said AG will or will not pursue charges against Trump and his cronies should have no consideration on the selection. 

Then the AG should let career prosecutors make the call on whether there is sufficient evidence of criminality to justify a charge against Trump.  No one is above the law and no one should get a pass in the name of national unity.

He should pick an AG that is a career DoJ lawyer above reproach (there are a ton of them) and then step back, say he’ll have zero to do with any DoJ decision and that politics will play no role, and stick to that. 

11 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Can I at least fantasize about FBI Director Comey?  

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

How court works:

Rookie lawyer should have interrupted the judge and bleated about Hunter Biden’s laptop. That’s where you will find the truth you are looking for:

1 hour ago, Forehead said:

I saw a blurb that Donald Trump Jr. tested positive for Covid.  Was that a false headline?

It is somewhat misleading. Most reputable media sources are reporting that the COVID virus tested positive for Don Jr.

Archived