Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, MONKBusiness said:

Hello Board😀

What does the Board think of Kemp trying to play Both sides? (certifying but wants signature recount)

And "Consider" sounds weak, can he order?

Thanking the Board in advance.

....Kemp said the audit only looked at ballots, not the signatures on the absentee applications or the signatures on the ballot envelopes. He called for Raffensperger to "consider addressing these concerns" and conduct a "sample of audit of signatures on absentee ballot envelopes and compare those to the signatures on applications and on file that the secretary of state's office."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/georgia-recount-brian-kemp-audit-certified-election-results/

Kemp is a ****ing chucklehead who's completely and utterly incompetent. This is the same guy who tried to claim in April that they "didn't know until the last 24 hours" that COVID-19 was transmittable by people who were asymptomatic. Even though the CDC and several other agencies had been saying so (loudly) for well over a month at that point.

And he can ask Raffensperger to "consider" that the Earth is flat, for all the good it would do him. Kemp has no say in the process.

Kemp is caught between political opponents and howling conspiracy theorists.  This is not your grandpa’s GOP anymore.  Trumpers will rewrite their political fan fiction on the spot when faced with any push back.  Reality doesn’t matter.  If Kemp fails to appease the loons, he’ll end up cast as a sinister globalist working to further Hugo Chavez’s vast international vote switching plot.  

2 hours ago, MONKBusiness said:

Hello Board😀

What does the Board think of Kemp trying to play Both sides? (certifying but wants signature recount)

And "Consider" sounds weak, can he order?

Thanking the Board in advance.

I believe that mail in ballot envelope signatures are checked before the ballots are opened so that the actual ballots are then counted without a name attached confirming secret ballots. So conducting the audit of signatures on envelopes that are now separate from ballots is a moot point.

So Kemp's request is more voter suppression. Does that sound fair, to supress voters ballots when they can't be tied to a specific ballot? 

Incidentally this is one reason why I didn't fill out and mail in my ballot because I couldn't remember how signed my name. So I showed up in person with all of my IDs to vote early. Republicans use too many ways to supress voters' right to cast their ballots. That's SHAMEFUL.

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You seem suspicious 

whaaaa?

guy just joins within 24 hours and goes right to the tailgate and you get suspicions? :806:

guess it's a good thing a cynic like you didn't know that a certain persecuted oppressed (per him) keyboard operative, suffering from many issues with the tailgate and the stadium/team and me in particular (at least we can all agree there),  was working towards, and earlier succeeded in, having his account closed yet likely feels he has left several vital causes dangling in the wind in this land of the lost that make him an immediate fave for a dupe

but i haven't done a dive on it, just noting your cynicism....you should welcome newcomers to the thunderdome on the off chance they're innocent :ols:

20 minutes ago, Destino said:

Kemp is caught between political opponents and howling conspiracy theorists.  This is not your grandpa’s GOP anymore.  Trumpers will rewrite their political fan fiction on the spot when faced with any push back.  Reality doesn’t matter.  If Kemp fails to appease the loons, he’ll end up cast as a sinister globalist working to further Hugo Chavez’s vast international vote switching plot.  

Exactly. Cancel culture. Bend to our collective will immediately and without conditions, or we will destroy (cancel) you. Total intolerance.

Black or white.

It’s extremism. And it’ll be interesting to see how America wants to deal with it.

14 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

What does it takes for Trump to get legally to the SC?

The way they are getting they asses kick in any justice court right now, this doesn't look like they deseerve to go there in any way.

If someone could explain me, that would be graceful.

@PleaseBlitz @DogofWar1

im also curious about this. 
On the one hand it’s the presidential election which is important

on the other the side pursuing this has failed to meet the basic bar of: do you have any evidence? Like any? Any one thing you can actually present in court?

I know you can’t just continue to appeal for the sake of appeal but that’s about all I know 

5 hours ago, MONKBusiness said:

Hello Board😀

What does the Board think.......

Who is this Person? (nice name by the way!)

5 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

You seem suspicious 

Hmmmmm....seems like questions are legit .......person seems nice......Maybe he likes politics?....or couldn't find his old ID?

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

He's a businessman named Monk. How can that be bad? 

Or do you hate business?

ARE YOU A COMMUNIST?

Right!

No

No

5 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

Welcome, we're not as upset as we seem.  Sometimes. 

Hail. 

Thank You

HTTWFT 

2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

whaaaa?

guy just joins within 24 hours and goes right to the tailgate and you get suspicions? :806:

guess it's a good thing a cynic like you didn't know that a certain persecuted oppressed (per him) keyboard operative, suffering from many issues with the tailgate and the stadium/team and me in particular (at least we can all agree there),  was working towards, and earlier succeeded in, having his account closed yet likely feels he has left several vital causes dangling in the wind in this land of the lost that make him an immediate fave for a dupe

but i haven't done a dive on it, just noting your cynicism....you should welcome newcomers to the thunderdome on the off chance they're innocent :ols:

Yeah....Whats up with That?

Who is persecuted?....(prefers Electronic Warrior)

Look forward to the Deep Dive (will it show a search for old ID like YEARS Old?  ------- Ahem, Not Banned)

This Oldcomer feels welcome already

Standing by 

4. In the past few days, any Republican or conservative commentator who offered even the mildest criticism of Sidney Powell was attacked by diehard Trump fans. 

What will those fans say now?

Doesn't matter.  That inquiry presupposes rational thought.  Diehard Trump fans are incapable of rational thought.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

@PleaseBlitz @DogofWar1

on the other the side pursuing this has failed to meet the basic bar of: do you have any evidence? Like any? Any one thing you can actually present in court?

I know you can’t just continue to appeal for the sake of appeal but that’s about all I know 

What is going to the court?  One the states certify the election results; nothing he can do.  The Electors will then vote.  The guy has only won 2 cases and those cases he won, didn't change anything.  His court options will close soon.  There's nothing that will get to the Supremes.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

@PleaseBlitz @DogofWar1

Speaking specifically to the PA dismissal by Judge Brann, the dismissal was based on standing and failure to state a claim.  Those are appealable all the way SCOTUS and will be reviewed on a clean slate at each appellate level.  SCOTUS appeal is not as a matter of right, so at least four justices would need to agree to hear it.  There are some tidbits of interesting principles at play here, but the complaint is of such dubious quality, I'm not sure they would choose this case to address them.

Speaking broadly, this is how nonsensical the complaint is.  The two set of plaintiffs are the trump campaign and the group of voters who claim that they were not afforded the same "notice and cure" of mail in ballot defects that some voters enjoyed in other counties because PA left utilization of notice and cure to individual counties.  

The uneven notice and cure mechanism plausibly raises an issue.  Where the standing goes off the rail is the remedy sought.  Instead of requesting that their ballots also be counted or that they be afforded the same notice and cure, they sought invalidation of millions of votes, but only for the presidential election.  Judge Brann pointed out that such remedy would not redress the plaintiff's alleged injury and would be way out of proportion with the alleged harm.

As for the Trump campaign, the standing is an issue that has been brought up in other 2020 election cases.  The plaintiff is not Donald Trump the candidate, but rather the Trump Campaign.  There has been limited instances of recognizing standing for the campaign or party as opposed to the candidate in election result lawsuits, but they don't apply here.  Remember, it was Bush v. Gore, not Bush Campaign v. Gore Campaign.

It is curious then why Trump campaign would continue to bang their head against the wall on this issue of standing.  I wonder if it has anything to do with who's been doing the fundraising and any applicable laws on how such funds can be used by lawsuit by Trump vs Trump Campaign.  I'm no expert in election law or FEC regulations, but it is baffling otherwise.

Equal protection argument is again a mish mesh of crap sandwich.  There are bits and pieces that may be of tangential interest for a deep dive law review article or in a future case, but overall, it's laughable, especially in context of the sought remedy.  But as it is a purely legal question, appellate courts can review it.

Archived