Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I watched him on This Week, and while I applaud him for acknowledging the deplorable nature of his previous statements and positions, that isn't enough for me to accept him as a viable candidate. I wish Weld could beat Trump. Walsh is like trading Mussolini for Franco.

5 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I watched him on This Week, and while I applaud him for acknowledging the deplorable nature of his previous statements and positions, that isn't enough for me to accept him as a viable candidate. I wish Weld could beat Trump. Walsh is like trading Mussolini for Franco.

Someone capable of recognizing their past deplorable behavior and apologizing for it is commendable and almost necessary for the American right. 

But it’s only a start. And post-Trump, the litmus test will have to be actions rather than words.

As a person, I can accept and even admire his apology, but there simply isn't anything he could say that would make him acceptable as a candidate. We are not talking about some stupid stunt or mistake from decades ago, but rather blatantly racist statements within the last couple of years.

9 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

As a person, I can accept and even admire his apology, but there simply isn't anything he could say that would make him acceptable as a candidate. We are not talking about some stupid stunt or mistake from decades ago, but rather blatantly racist statements within the last couple of years.

Misogyny was high on his list too, as well as statements against homosexuals.

Walsh is a 🤡 clown. 

This isn't about his beliefs changing. This is about him trying to create a new persona to make a career out of. 

He's the guy who talked about grabbing his musket. The same guy who would tell folks outside the state to not get involved in the Roy Moore campaign (while he was out of state). 

30 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, there's a whole litany of scumbag hate speech about any group that doesn't fit the straight white Christian male prototype.

I think you mean "the only demographic in America that's discriminated against". 

"Ashamed of their past"?  Or "figured out that openly endorsing the extremes of our positions might be about to cost us power, so we've decided that we need to be slightly less obvious about it (While still being careful to retain those elements in our tent, cause we can't win without them.)"?

For example, I keep remembering after one of the Nazi rallies (DC?), one national Republican kinda-sorta disagreed with the GOP soliciting Nazis, by saying that next time, he'd prefer if they left the Nazi flags at home.  He didn't object to their presence.  To their support.  They were welcome.  Just please don't bring the actual Nazi flag.  

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Walsh is owning up to his past bad behavior. I think we should give people like him on the right a path out of this. Realistically, this country isn’t moving forward unless we let people on the right who are ashamed of their past apologize.

If one has really changed, then maybe.  I doubt this guy has really changed and you will see him spout his crap, during his campaign.  He's going to have to be even crazier than Trump to make whatever point his campaign is going to be. Noone is beating Trump.

As forgiving past bad behavior in general, I say no.  Every single person that supported Trump or just let him do what he wants; needs to be defeated.  There must be no future for these guys/gals.  No, Nikki Haley will never become president.  all those people need to be removed from power forever. They can never be forgiven.

6 hours ago, Larry said:

Ashamed of their past"?  Or "figured out that openly endorsing the extremes of our positions might be about to cost us power, so we've decided that we need to be slightly less obvious about it (While still being careful to retain those elements in our tent, cause we can't win without them.)"?

Right now there is a bigger negative cost of speaking out against Trump rather than going against him. I don’t see this as opportunism. 

I think we will see many Rs who will try to distance themselves from Trump if he leaves office in 2020, and then it will be hard to take any of them seriously.

Its just my opinion but whoever is doing this right now, openly, is sincere. 

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Joe Walsh was saying crazy racist crap as recently as last year. If you want to give him a free pass because he says "sorry", you're not so much advocating for forgiveness and you are for a world with zero consequences. 

The only way out of this current cultural mess is that we let people like Walsh, who have said problematic things, come out and openly apologize. Offer them a way out and make it so that their actions match their words. 

If Walsh and other GOP figures are out there making life difficult for Trump and occupying space in his head, that is ultimately to the benefit of whoever is running on the Dem side. 

Like it or not, but Trumpism wont be a giant loser with just liberals making the case against it. 

Archived