Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Older Adults Are Using Marijuana More Than Ever Before

Marvin Yeoman, 74, had tried cannabis as a young adult, but for his wife, it was new.

“I never, never, ever even thought about marijuana when I was growing up — never in college, as a young adult or as a middle-aged adult,” said Rene Yeoman, 71. “It was just not even something that was on my radar.”

The Land O’ Lakes residents had both undergone recent major surgeries, so they gave in to their daughter’s suggestion to use the drug to treat chronic pain.

Rene Yeoman discovered she liked how edibles helped her sleep through the night and avoid the use of other medications.

And as seniors, the couple is in good company.

“When I go to the dispensary, there are more elderly people in there than there are young people,” said Marvin Yeoman.

Marijuana use is on the rise among older adults.

Last year, the proportion of adults 65 or older who reported recent cannabis use jumped by 18 percent, according to the 2020 National Survey of Drug Use and Health released last week, rising from 5.1 percent in 2019 to 6 percent in 2020.

The spike comes on the heels of a steady trend of increased cannabis use among seniors over the last five years.

What’s more, in 2020, more older adults also reported using marijuana sometime in their lifetime — a jump from roughly 32 percent to 36 percent — signaling a possible cultural shift in older adults’ willingness to open up about past tokes.

“It’s accepted now,” Marvin Yeoman said. “You used to have to sneak in the back alley to purchase it, but now you can just walk right into the store and buy it, just like you would go to Publix or Winn-Dixie.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 2

12 hours ago, China said:

OK, has anyone here seen a plant like this before?  This is one of the ones I'm growing and I've never seen one with only one leaf per.  These weird modern strains are just whack.

I imagine there's a lot of this goin around in Va. since they legalized growing. It's the "Just pay yo dealer" strain. 😂

On a side note. Is it legal to buy seeds in Va.? Where ya'll get your seeds?? (asking for a friend) 😳

50 minutes ago, GoDeep81 said:

I imagine there's a lot of this goin around in Va. since they legalized growing. It's the "Just pay yo dealer" strain. 😂

On a side note. Is it legal to buy seeds in Va.? Where ya'll get your seeds?? (asking for a friend) 😳

Yeah and if that's a cannabis plant, it's also stretching like crazy, which means it's too far from the light source.

As far as seeds, It is not legal to buy or sell them in VA (one of the dumber parts of the law). However, I have heard that you can buy from high quality online seed banks and get them shipped to you without problems.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah and if that's a cannabis plant, it's also stretching like crazy, which means it's too far from the light source.

Unlikely, because it is right next to another plant which looks normal and they are both equidistant from the same light source.  Both were planted and sprouted at the same time, have the same soil, same water, same lighting.   That one is just weird.

1 hour ago, China said:

Unlikely, because it is right next to another plant which looks normal and they are both equidistant from the same light source.  Both were planted and sprouted at the same time, have the same soil, same water, same lighting.   That one is just weird.

Yeah that's pretty weird. I'm still a noob grower so I'm sure there are people with much more experience here who would probably have better answers. 

15 hours ago, China said:

OK, has anyone here seen a plant like this before?  This is one of the ones I'm growing and I've never seen one with only one leaf per.  These weird modern strains are just whack.

Cwd4aIi.jpg

Thats a dude plant my dude. 

It’s amazing how much frost this nana glue has put on these past 2 weeks. Even the fan leaves are showing some. 

E719F6DD-C04B-40DE-91A8-3A4AFA4E1EAA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, China said:

It's a mutated/deformed plant. Need to remove it, like a week(s) ago. Once you see the pods, it's gonna produce pollen that will seed up any females in the area. Once they open into those white flowers, it's too late. And that one will most likely pass on it's mutation. At best it'll produce hermaphrodites. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 3

49 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Its still early and your ladies are doing great so far and look super healthy. I’m looking forward to seeing how they end up. 

What do they smell like?

Thanks! Yeah should be about another 4 weeks I'm guessing before they're ready to be chopped. Hoping for a decent size harvest but it's my first grow so I'll mostly just be happy if the quality is good.

The smell is nice: a bit earthy and a bit floral but pretty subdued. I was curious about it and it seems NL does tend to be a very low odor strain. It was actually more pungent during veg than it is in flower.

I just got some Creme de la Chem and Samsquanch OG from Mephisto Genetics and apparently either of those could make an entire 5,000 square foot house smell so I'll need to make sure I get a brand new carbon filter for my fan for the next grow.  :ols:

How are your ladies doing?

@mistertim nice, I’ve heard really good things about mephisto and those strains sound pretty cool. Those NL’s might get more fragrant later on into flower. One of my favorite parts of growing is watching how the flowers and smells grow and change over time. 

My girls are doing great and have 2 more weeks to go, although nana glue is really showing her fall fade and might be ready earlier. My royal Limez is still my favorite with her strawberry jam gas smell becoming a deeper and stronger gas that smells like diesel fuel and rose oil. Her morphology is amazing as well. 

A3F6FF08-B1DF-4126-A201-B766306D393F.jpeg

58DF7B05-2CCB-4222-8C7A-E33ABCFA73EB.jpeg

9C4EDC15-F8C4-4CBF-8B6B-A42D6419C5BB.jpeg

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

22 hours ago, mistertim said:

:ols:  Thanks, but I think @Fresh8686has much better pics than mine. 

I did say "headed for"...:ols:

I truly admire you guys...my husband was literally a genius, and in charge of the horticulture, knew every plant, flower, shrub...our yard was beautiful, he planted everything, kept it all awesome, and would have absolutely LOVED the chance to do what you're both succeeding at. 

I, on the other hand, can kill a cactus. :(

@Fresh8686...that is some beautiful ****.  Y'all both have it goin' on.  Kudos.  

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I did say "headed for"...:ols:

I truly admire you guys...my husband was literally a genius, and in charge of the horticulture, knew every plant, flower, shrub...our yard was beautiful, he planted everything, kept it all awesome, and would have absolutely LOVED the chance to do what you're both succeeding at. 

I, on the other hand, can kill a cactus. :(

@Fresh8686...that is some beautiful ****.  Y'all both have it goin' on.  Kudos.  

Thanks, I appreciate it! I’m lucky to have my wife as a partner in the grow. She sings to them every night and does the watering that I can’t do right now with my handicap.

I wish your husband could have had a chance to grow these. I cherish the opportunity because I learn and grow so much as a person by taking care of these plants. 

• Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

Thanks, I appreciate it! I’m lucky to have my wife as a partner in the grow. She sings to them every night and does the watering that I can’t do right now with my handicap.

I wish your husband could have had a chance to grow these. I cherish the opportunity because I learn and grow so much as a person by taking care of these plants. 

Thanks. 

Awesome, your wife must have some magic in her voice! (not discounting your efforts for one second)...tell her I said, "You go, girl!  Give it all you got!"  Sing her ass off, and I'd love to hear it (you can send it PM, I won't share unless you say OK, I promise... but I really wanna know what she does!)