Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Rep. Madison Cawthorn Cleans Gun During Veterans Hearing

The House Veterans’ Affairs Committee took Wednesday as an opportunity to hold a virtual hearing on how toxic chemicals are killing U.S. soldiers. Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) took the hearing as an opportunity to clean his gun.

220120-madison-cawthorn-hero_svn8jy

Cawthorn, the youngest current member of Congress, fiddled with his black pistol while one witness explained how university medical researchers could help the government examine how burn pits are harming military service members.

“It was immature. He’s a child. He lacks common sense. I think the congressman was overcompensating for something that he lacks and feeling inadequate among the heroes on that call,” said John Feal, a 9/11 first responder who was at the virtual meeting.

Feal was one of at least two people at the Veterans’ Affairs meeting who noticed what Cawthorn was doing. Both were infuriated. But the general public couldn’t see it, because the two-hour virtual hearing was held over Zoom—which meant that those tuning in could only see the person speaking.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Tucker seems oddly sexually invested over a candy cartoon character. 

It's not the first time I've thought of the words "candy ass" and "Tucker" at the same time...but it is the one that makes me want to shower the most.

• Haha 1

Central Pa. borough poised to become first to repeal LGBTQ protections

A central Pennsylvania borough is poised to become the first municipality to repeal anti-discrimination safeguards that protect residents against discrimination based on their sexual orientation, ethnicity or gender identity.

The plan by Chambersburg Borough Council to vote Monday to rescind the anti-discrimination ordinance comes only four months after the borough ratified the ordinance in October.

Proponents of the ordinance say the newly installed conservative majority on the borough council is wielding its muscle, invoking the idea of a voter mandate to rescind an ordinance that was extensively vetted and researched last year.

“I don’t know of any reasons for repealing it other than a political move,” said Alice Elia, a Democrat and the former Chambersburg borough council president. “This issue should not be politicized. It’s an issue of justice and having equal protection for everybody in our community. It shouldn’t be a political or a Democratic or Republican issue. This should be something we are all concerned about.”

The ordinance, which extends protections against discrimination to gay, transgender or genderqueer people in employment, housing and public accommodations, was passed in October by the then-Democratic majority council.

The political makeup of the council, however, changed with the November municipal election, which ushered in a 7-3 Republican majority.

Allen Coffman, a Republican and newly installed borough council president, is clear on why he opposes the ordinance.

“All of us that ran in this election to be on council we think we got a mandate from the people,” he said. “People we talked to when we were campaigning did not like this ordinance at all. I don’t know what the vote will be, but I have a pretty good idea.”

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 2

22 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

..with the state position being missionary. 

Conservatives are boring af.

That would be their stated position. But given past history their actual sexual "position" behind the scenes would probably be something more like "underage boy"

• Haha 3